You Could Have Heard A Pin Drop

This is a discussion on You Could Have Heard A Pin Drop within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Loved this. Especially liked the one about the only land we have asked for...is to bury our dead....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: You Could Have Heard A Pin Drop

Loved this. Especially liked the one about the only land we have asked for...is to bury our dead.
    All men are equal...CC makes us equal-er.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Sadly, it's been longer than four years.
    I have seen this before. I enjoyed reading again. Problem is that now men are women and women are men. Where is John Wayne? I may be out of line, but politticians and gov't officials now are all................
    atctimmy likes this.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II
    Glock 33

I like it, I like it... Thanks!
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Quote Originally Posted by hinkleid View Post
    I have seen this before. I enjoyed reading again. Problem is that now men are women and women are men. Where is John Wayne? I may be out of line, but politticians and gov't officials now are all p*ssies.
    I agree fully. The problem is the media and our government forgot what real men are made of. Today, you need a handfull of attorneys to sign for a home or a loan. When my father started his business he went to his bank and got a loan from the banker with a hand shake and one signature - his. He paid the loan back in half the time. He always told all three of his sons "your word is your promise and a handshake is the bond - always honor both and have integrity in all that you do."
    " Life is tough and it gets tougher if your stupid." John Wayne.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Very good, thanks for posting. I am proud to be an American still, and I hope to pass that along to my children, even if there is a diminishing amount to be proud of.
    Walk softly ...

Quote Originally Posted by mook012 View Post
    I agree fully. The problem is the media and our government forgot what real men are made of. Today, you need a handfull of attorneys to sign for a home or a loan. When my father started his business he went to his bank and got a loan from the banker with a hand shake and one signature - his. He paid the loan back in half the time. He always told all three of his sons "your word is your promise and a handshake is the bond - always honor both and have integrity in all that you do."
    Actually state of the US anymore makes me nauseous. It is not the same country (or I am not as Patriotic?) as when I stepped off a bus in the late 80's at 17 years old. Went from Mommy's to USMC boot camp.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II
    Glock 33

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Yup. We the people, who gave so much authority to these morons, must be accountable for a whole lot more than just the last four years.
    Don't blame me. I voted for Nobody.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

Quote Originally Posted by hinkleid View Post
    Problem is that now men are women and women are men.
    What??? Could you explain that.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    So you didn't vote. And your proud of that?? Please explain why.
    ksholder and l1a1 like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    If true - you are a bigger part of the problem than those who voted for anybody. Apathy is killing this country. See my sig line.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    So you didn't vote. And your proud of that?? Please explain why.
    I didn't say I didn't vote. I said I voted for Nobody. But either way, if voting is a right, isn't not voting a right as well? Isn't it irresponsible, if not morally unacceptable, to throw even the miniscule weight of one's vote behind a candidate in whom one doesn't believe?

People have told me I am wasting my vote on third party candidates, because it's one less vote for the Republican. It's that sort of thinking that gives us a two-party system, the players of which have virtually indistinguishable platforms on any meaningful topics. Funny how Fox News wasn't concerned with the unprecedented increases in federal spending when the President had an "R" after his name, and MSNBC has virtually forgotten the existence of GITMO.

I'd be wasting my vote if I put it towards a candidate that I don't believe in. So I either vote "NOTA" or for a third-party candidate with integrity and a healthy respect for the Constitution.
    atctimmy likes this.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Ask the next Frenchman you see if he speaks German. When he says no then say "you're welcome"
    mook012 likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I didn't say I didn't vote. I said I voted for Nobody. But either way, if voting is a right, isn't not voting a right as well? Isn't it irresponsible, if not morally unacceptable, to throw even the miniscule weight of one's vote behind a candidate in whom one doesn't believe?

People have told me I am wasting my vote on third party candidates, because it's one less vote for the Republican. It's that sort of thinking that gives us a two-party system, the players of which have virtually indistinguishable platforms on any meaningful topics. Funny how Fox News wasn't concerned with the unprecedented increases in federal spending when the President had an "R" after his name, and MSNBC has virtually forgotten the existence of GITMO.

I'd be wasting my vote if I put it towards a candidate that I don't believe in. So I either vote "NOTA" or for a third-party candidate with integrity and a healthy respect for the Constitution.
    Voting is not a right. It is a RESPONSIBILITY as a American. Make that a well thought out vote. I am not telling you who to vote for, but every eligible American has the responsibility to research and THINK about the long term effect of that vote. Too many people pull the lever like it is a popularity contest or out of blind "duty" to a political party.
    The person voted for should be VETTED. Know his background...both personal and professional. His voting record and what he says he will do SPECIFICALLY for the office he/she is running for. No "We can do it" or "forward". HOW are they going to do it. Then give serious thought to their ability to do it. Put some thought and work into it....after all it is OUR COUNTRY.

A wasted vote is one either not cast or not given thought. If it is the "lesser of two evils" pick the "lesser". We knows what happens otherwise.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

Moops,

Honey, when others tell you that your vote would be wasted, you tell them that Nana Spirit told you different. She is one who has been all over the political spectrum and seen more than she wished. Think and vote.....it is who you are.
    WHEC724 and l1a1 like this.
    Susan B. Anthony
    Robert Heinlein

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    Don't forget our own history, the French help us in the revolution, not out of their love for us but deep hate for the British. Without the French would we be the nation we are?

I always enjoy these stories and I am thankful we live in a country that is willing to help those who cannot help themselves!

Semper Fi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links