You Could Have Heard A Pin Drop

This is a discussion on You Could Have Heard A Pin Drop within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Reminds me of this........ someone else showed it to me first : Don't Blame It On Our Coca-Cola Bottles - YouTube...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: You Could Have Heard A Pin Drop

Reminds me of this........ someone else showed it to me first :

Don't Blame It On Our Coca-Cola Bottles - YouTube
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Voting is not a right. It is a RESPONSIBILITY as a American. Make that a well thought out vote. I am not telling you who to vote for, but every eligible American has the responsibility to research and THINK about the long term effect of that vote. Too many people pull the lever like it is a popularity contest or out of blind "duty" to a political party.
    The person voted for should be VETTED. Know his background...both personal and professional. His voting record and what he says he will do SPECIFICALLY for the office he/she is running for. No "We can do it" or "forward". HOW are they going to do it. Then give serious thought to their ability to do it. Put some thought and work into it....after all it is OUR COUNTRY.

A wasted vote is one either not cast or not given thought. If it is the "lesser of two evils" pick the "lesser". We knows what happens otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Moops,

Honey, when others tell you that your vote would be wasted, you tell them that Nana Spirit told you different. She is one who has been all over the political spectrum and seen more than she wished. Think and vote.....it is who you are.
    I think we're saying the same thing, with one exception. IMHO, a vote for the "lesser" is still a wasted vote. Por ejemple, Mitt Romney is probably the lesser of two evils in many, many ways, at least from my political perspective (and I doubt I'm alone on this forum). However, much as he'd like you to believe otherwise, a vote for Mitt is still a vote for large government, overspending, poor fiscal policy, and four more years of the same. If I vote for Mitt because he's anti-gay marriage and pro-life, then I'm wasting my vote because those are two issues which don't affect me at all.

People should vote their ideas, not their consciences. Vote with your mind, not with your feelings (a good piece of advice for living the rest of your life too).

And voting is a right. People don't fight for years to gain the ability to carry out their responsibilities.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

I have a little different take. The older I get the more I realize in the end it doesn't matter. There are good politicians in each party, but Dems have become way too liberal since JFK. JFK had bigger cajones than most Repubs now. Doesn't matter who gets in office (Dem or Repub) they have their hands in each others pockets, and work side deals as if they are not paid enough. They fight on capital Hill like they are sworn enemies, then hit the links and take vacations together. It is like the WWF on an elite scale. Of the choice, I vote Romney. Romney because NOBODY can do worse than Obama. There are no good men anymore running for president (JFK, Reagans), that is a once in a lifetime type pres. I live in a state where it ALWAYS goes Repub so they may as well give him our 4 electoral votes as an advance. Plus if I go vote, I am just wasting gas since it is a guarantee.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II
    Glock 33

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    I think we're saying the same thing, with one exception. IMHO, a vote for the "lesser" is still a wasted vote. Por ejemple, Mitt Romney is probably the lesser of two evils in many, many ways, at least from my political perspective (and I doubt I'm alone on this forum). However, much as he'd like you to believe otherwise, a vote for Mitt is still a vote for large government, overspending, poor fiscal policy, and four more years of the same. If I vote for Mitt because he's anti-gay marriage and pro-life, then I'm wasting my vote because those are two issues which don't affect me at all.

People should vote their ideas, not their consciences. Vote with your mind, not with your feelings (a good piece of advice for living the rest of your life too).

And voting is a right. People don't fight for years to gain the ability to carry out their responsibilities.
    Actually Moops a vote for Mitt is a vote for who controls the Supreme Court. I really don't give a rats rear end about either candidate but I think my chances at getting a better SC nomination come from the guys with Rs by their name. The Rs don't always do the right thing when nominating (thanks for nothing Daddy Bush) but they usually put forth a good SC nominee. I have never seen a D party President put forth a qualified person (IMO).
    Last edited by atctimmy; June 14th, 2012 at 01:24 PM. Reason: edit for clarity
    hinkleid likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Actually Moops a vote for Mitt is a vote for who controls the Supreme Court. I really don't give a rats rear end about either candidate but I think my chances at getting a better SC nomination come from the guys with Rs by their name. The Rs don't always do the right thing when nominating (thanks for nothing Daddy Bush) but they usually put forth a good candidate. I have never seen a D party candidate put forth a qualified person (IMO).
    Except when they put up McCain last go round. Still waiting to see this time. People overall like the younger, hipper styles for Pres now (Clinton, Bush Jr, Obama). People don't want dinosaurs like McCain.

I agree with your outlook of the Dems. Not a good dem for pres since JFK. Too liberal since.

Some days I wonder why I even bother to go to work.
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II
    Glock 33

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hinkleid View Post
    Except when they put up McCain last go round. Still waiting to see this time. People overall like the younger, hipper styles for Pres now (Clinton, Bush Jr, Obama). People don't want dinosaurs like McCain.

I agree with your outlook of the Dems. Not a good dem for pres since JFK. Too liberal since.

Some days I wonder why I even bother to go to work.
    Sorry Friend, I was referring to their SC nominees. I edited my post to make my ramblings easier to understand.
    hinkleid likes this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links