Significant Other

Significant Other

This is a discussion on Significant Other within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So when and how did it all go down? You know, that moment when your significant other realized their love interest came with an actual ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Significant Other

Significant Other

So when and how did it all go down? You know, that moment when your significant other realized their love interest came with an actual gun. Entertain us, well at least me. I bet there are some great stories out there, possibly some good tips on how to broach the subject for those of us who haven't quite crossed that bridge.

VIP Member
    Let's just say she was 'disarming'.
    gunthorp, l1a1 and nerdyvirgin like this.

She said, WTH is that. I told her. Married 9 years now. It wasnt the gun that she was interested in.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

If you have an SO who's fearful of guns -- like mine -- have to somehow convince them to go out shooting with you so they can at least see what's it's all about and maybe calm some of their fears. I'd only had a few rifles and shotguns until recently when I got my CCP and purchased a G23. My wife will be shooting it (and a pistol) for the first time this weekend. She asked, "Will it hurt?" and I laughed and said, "No, a shotgun's different." She had a bruise on her shoulder for weeks after five rounds through the Mossberg. Women!

I guess she always assumed I had a gun...

hmm, I carried a P32 for years, then she asked if I would mind if she took a HCP class.

That was a little over a year ago ... and four (4) new pistols she has bought. She now carries a Sig P238 and is very good with it.

sent from my sending device

I met my SWMBO-to-be at a buddys BBQ after a bunch of us had been to the range. A half-dozen of us cleared our pistols, rifles, and shottys, broke em' down, and began cleaning them by the shed on the other side of the backyard away from the two BBQ pits we had fired up....... Hopps IS flamable.

A few of the neighbors, including my bride-to-be, were a little taken back by the 'firepower' layed out on the back table at first, but it was a military community and we were all active duty so everyone else, including the children present, wern't phased on bit. (OH, daddy's just cleaning his guns with his friends again.....lets go swing). Being no big deal, my future better-half just went with the flow. She was raised with guns in her house, but she never 'messed' with them or went hunting with her dad, etc.

Towards the end of the evening she was impressed enough with me to agree to go for coffee later in the week......I got her number, she got mine. Well, some crack-head tried to break into her house while she was home two days later and she called me wanting a male there and since I had a gun and she was comfortable with it, ".......could you come over please?" To the rescue I went.

I got lucky (pun intended) in that the now Mrs. GSB knew what came with me from the git-go........... It was a scary situation for her certinally but getting to know me first and knowing guns were part of the package (dang puns ) and that I was actually responsable and knowledgable......... It worked out.
    Inspector71 and nerdyvirgin like this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    She asked, "Will it hurt?" and I laughed :
    Must show restriant....... be mature......strength........

I SOooooo bad......
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

You had to be there. I didn't laugh mockingly, just chuckled at her obvious reference to the beating she took firing a shotgun vs. a pistol.

But you did a nice job of pulling out part of a statement to establish your own context.
    goldshellback likes this.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    My wife was uncomfortable with them until I got her to shoot mine. She immediately wanted one of her own and I was all too happy to oblige her.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    First real date. Was carrying a Springfield XD40SC IWB, she put her arm around my hip and her hand landed square on my holstered weapon. She leaned in and said "mm, I touched your gun!" Less then an hour after that she kissed me for the first time, so I figured she was OK with it. Hah. .....Unfortunately she has shown little to no interest in carrying or weapons at this time, but likes and supports that I carry and own them.

I am also not proud to say I have not had a chance to take her shooting, I hope that will change things. She has expressed VERY little interest in shooting, but an interest nonetheless.

I can't tell you how many times when she has felt uncomfortable going somewhere, she will say "you are carrying right?" and if I say yes, she says "good.".

It does help that her dad is VERY pro gun, and she used to hunt with him growing up in the mountains of Virginia.

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    Well, some crack-head tried to break into her house while she was home two days later and she called me wanting a male there and since I had a gun and she was comfortable with it, ".......could you come over please?" To the rescue I went.
    How convenient that the attempted break-in happened a couple days after she met the perfect gentleman to come save her...

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    She said where's mine? Promptly bought her a SW model 60 38sp
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dvorak View Post
    How convenient that the attempted break-in happened a couple days after she met the perfect gentleman to come save her...
    I certinaly thought so I couldn't have written it any 'better' if I tried.

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    She said, WTH is that. I told her. Married 9 years now. It wasnt the gun that she was interested in.....
    At least not your firearm.
    ericb327 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links