NYC officials set sights on popcorn and milk shakes - Page 2

NYC officials set sights on popcorn and milk shakes

This is a discussion on NYC officials set sights on popcorn and milk shakes within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well, just to be on the safe side, I'm stocking up on "Malt Balls"!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: NYC officials set sights on popcorn and milk shakes

Well, just to be on the safe side, I'm stocking up on "Malt Balls"!
    Inspector71 likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

VIP Member
    Bloomberg, who took office in 2002, has also taken a tough stance on foods with trans fats and smoking. He has put a stiff tax on cigarettes packs and has banned smoking in workplaces, parks and beaches.
    Stop in any tobacco shops near cocaine alley (I-95) and 90% percent of the tags you will see are NY or NJ.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

You notice they aren't reducing the size of a meatball sub or pasta.... the Italians will oust the whole bunch of them

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Ok, I have a plan. Let's get all of the DC Forum members together with shovels and other digging equipment, and separate NYC from the US, build a border fence, and offer to sell it to France or the UK... Who is with me?
    Can we throw California and New Jersey in to sweeten the deal?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Next up, mandatory daily treadmill running sessions....

You just wait.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Due to the shortage of trees in NYC Mayor Bloomberg will implement a program to curb the abuse of wasting oxygen. Residents who's last names begin with A thru P will only be allowed to breath on even numbered days. Residents who's last names begin with Q thru Z will only be allowed to breath on odd numbered days. Newborns and residents up to 18 months in age will be allowed to breath daily. Effective June 14, 2012.
    msgt/ret, hinkleid and babarock like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Popcorn is fine if you don't soak it with butter. It can be good for you, but I guess NYC is going to blame the corn.
    Don't know how to tell you this but that's not butter. I stopped eating it after I managed a theater and it looked a bit like 40 weight.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Just don't get complacent because "his honor" is intent on spreading his Big Brother views to the rest of the country like a cancer.
    Va was part of this lordships "save us all from evil guns" sting, We passed legislation specifically aimed at slapping his stupid A.. upside the head. I just hope more of this will bring to light just how twisted this waste of flesh really is. How many in his governors coalition will stay on board now. If they continue to support him, maybe some of them will then be properly be voted out of office. If were lucky, in the long run, maybe this will help us. Doubtful, but I like to think positive, until the numbers actually come in that is.

We are a diverse nation. The more issues you put on the table, fewer people will support the whole package. Just look at some of the heated discussions on this forum.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    Next up, mandatory daily treadmill running sessions....

You just wait.
    Or he can just shut down the subway system and make everyone walk. I's a funny though today. But...... Wait..... For...... It.......
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

More and more we see things like this and I have concluded (because I can still think for myself, nobody has taken that away, yet) that this is all about a power grab from a control freak disguised as "we just want to save you from bad stuff!".

Power and control is what any of this is all about, but it is portrayed as being a benevolent gesture.

The place where I work is no different. Our top boss promoted a woman to be in charge of our office workers both male and female. She has let this promotion go to the stratoshpere in her mind, and is basically Lord of the Manor. Yet, she is unable to even do her real job and has to verbaly beat on us daily.

She wants power and control because it gives her a sense of self worth and that she is making a difference. In her mind, she is the driving force behind everything and with out her, nothing will get done. She treats those who have worked at their jobs, some for 20+ years as if we just started and do not have a clue.

I state it again, POWER & CONTROL. That is the real reason.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I have a theory that the restaurant association isn't really as upset about this as it might appear; and maybe are
    behind it. Better to sell 2 16 oz drinks to a really thirsty guy than sell him one 24 ounce drink. More profit. Drinks
    are the profit centers for lots of the restaurant biz.

Call me super cynical and even a conspiracy theorist (which I usually am not) but this stuff has the smell
    of a hit on the Stop and Robs that sell the big gulp style drinks. The move removes a competitive advantage they have
    over regular sit down places while simultaneously allowing everyone to charge more.

Its got nothing to do with health and everything to do with some business associations lobbying for a quiet way to
    raise their revenues.

Don't believe the health motive.
    You could be right about this, and I might buy into if NYC hadn't already band trans fats and salt use in restaurants. This smells of wanting to control the population because the "elites" think they know better what's good for us.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

My grandson had a condition he could not gain weight easily at all, and we were to have him drinking malts/ shakes, candy, cake, pie and foods with fat in them. He finally came out of it, but is still a skinny kid who eats twice as much as anyone his age and will hardly gain weight.

So, are they going to jeopardize the health of people like him now ? For everything that is bad for one person, may be needed by someone else for their situation.

I think there should be a flash mob on Thurs @ 11 a.m., and everyone run out into the streets in NYC with popcorn and either a shake or soda in their hands. Then , vote Bloomberg out of office.

I hope someone will take this up in the courts, that a city cannot prohibit any common food or drink.... from the public.

Is Bloomberg going to send special agents, who will invade other states and see if they can buy popcorn, shakes or even drinks over 16 oz now ?

"Hey dude, got some boy scout popcorn in a bag here, you know it's premo stuff.... $100"..... will they begin a "war on popcorn" and have a task force now?

If I lived in NYC , I would be totally embarrassed that my city voted someone like this into office.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Is it any secret NY is bleeding it's tax base? It can join the ranks of other showcase cities for the effects of years of liberal policy: Detroit, Chicago, Philly, Baltimore. All places I would never set foot in anymore.

Popcorn,big sodas,milkshakes, out. But you can roll a big fat one and smoke your brains out. Bloomberg is a moron,a rich one,but still a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Can we throw California and New Jersey in to sweeten the deal?
    Don't forget Illinois.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links