Visited Gunsmoke gunshop of "American Guns" on Discovery channel - Page 3

Visited Gunsmoke gunshop of "American Guns" on Discovery channel

This is a discussion on Visited Gunsmoke gunshop of "American Guns" on Discovery channel within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If I hear Rich yell "look at that mushroom cloud!" one more time......

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Visited Gunsmoke gunshop of "American Guns" on Discovery channel

If I hear Rich yell "look at that mushroom cloud!" one more time...
    CIBMike and gottabkiddin like this.

Soooo I just had to google pics of the cast since I've never seen the show. Paige can sell me a 1700 m&p any day!

Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Yeah but did your salesman have a nice rack and is barley legal?
    uh I don't think she's legal dude... Internet says she's 17.

I gave it a try when it first aired as i do all those types of "reality showes" and just like all the rest i can't bring myself to watch it anymore.
    The easy way is always mined.

Administrator
    I usually record all of the firearm related shows. "Fast Forward Is My Friend."

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I usually record all of the firearm related shows. "Fast Forward Is My Friend."
    Very true.
    Nevada CFP
    Utah CFP

Season 1 wasn't too bad. No drama.

Season 2...I'd fire that fat slob of a barrel guy. Jeez no matter what anyone says to him they are wrong and he could do better. Makes me wonder if Discovery told them to add drama or this guy is really that disgruntled.

I use to want a 1911 from them but not anymore.

I wonder why Rich feels the need to stand behind the buyer and hold his hand behind their back like every buyer is gonna fall back shooting that gun and then after the shot he takes it right out of their hand. "Hey I bought this gun...did you ask if you can see it?"

Quote Originally Posted by kwoodford View Post
    I wonder why Rich feels the need to stand behind the buyer and hold his hand behind their back like every buyer is gonna fall back shooting that gun and then after the shot he takes it right out of their hand. "Hey I bought this gun...did you ask if you can see it?"
    The hand behind the shooter is a normal Range Officer function, regardless of the experience of the shooter. We use it all the time in SASS to make sure the shooter doesn't turn or do anything unsafe. I know all the haters will just say stay away from me, don't put your hand behind me, etc., but that's how matches are run. Safety is more important than somebody's ego.
    Cherokee Slim
    RO2
    claude clay likes this.
    NRA, SASS #72605, ROII, WBRO, Ocoee Rangers, Tennessee Mountain Maurauders. Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    Attachment 59890

In Denver on business this week and looked up Gunsmoke Gun Shop where the Discovery Channel show "American Guns" is filmed. I had a good 30 minute conversation with Bob, the older guy who works there. I saw Rich and Kurt Wyatt in the shop, but not Renee or Paige.

The Discovery crew was there filming for an upcoming episode.

Why does everything look so much bigger on TV?[B] This place was quite small.[/B
    I've been to the Gold & Silver Pawn shop in Vegas and the same is true...it's quite small.
    Did not see the owners...they are probably as big as they look on TV.
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    uh I don't think she's legal dude... Internet says she's 17.
    16's legal in NC. Bring those big un's to Papa!

Senior Member Array Crescentstar's Avatar
    They are starting to "create" more drama, which is annoying. "Tiny" the barrel guy fighting with everyone is a good example.
    "Clearly that's a YOU problem not a ME problem."

Quote Originally Posted by Crescentstar View Post
    They are starting to "create" more drama, which is annoying. "Tiny" the barrel guy fighting with everyone is a good example.
    By the way, his name's Scott. I would love to shoot his carry gun, not to mention Rich's as well!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fish View Post
    I've been to the Gold & Silver Pawn shop in Vegas and the same is true...it's quite small.
    Did not see the owners...they are probably as big as they look on TV.
    Place is a dump. I have a friend that own 7 pawn shops here in NY and he can buy and sell those guys all day long.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Administrator

All of those shows feel like they have to add drama. The more the better it seems.

Ever watch Hardcore Pawn? Daughter Ashley has the most nauseating voice on television (she could be doing voice-overs for South Park) and she constantly argues with Brother Monkey Ears.

And all of the home remodeling shows HAVE TO get done in 2 Days! OMG! The homeowner is coming home in 20 minutes...and we don't have the bathroom sink in yet!!!!
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post

All of those shows feel like they have to add drama. The more the better it seems.

Ever watch Hardcore Pawn? Daughter Ashley has the most nauseating voice on television (she could be doing voice-overs for South Park) and she constantly argues with Brother Monkey Ears.

And all of the home remodeling shows HAVE TO get done in 2 Days! OMG! The homeowner is coming home in 20 minutes...and we don't have the bathroom sink in yet!!!!
    Yea.....that last part is why i get given UNREAL deadlines on all my jobs now days. "But I saw someone on TV do it in one week!??" Btw Paige looks like a giraffe and i don't want. Mayyybe 5/10. Plus her elbows are to pointy. Hahaha:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links