Sister looking for possible donations

This is a discussion on Sister looking for possible donations within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My sister is going on a medical brigade to provide medical care to a village in El Salvador. She has to come up with a ...

Thread: Sister looking for possible donations

Sister looking for possible donations

My sister is going on a medical brigade to provide medical care to a village in El Salvador. She has to come up with a couple thousand dollars. Currently she is unemployed and working as a nanny when able. Needless to say she cannot afford this on her own. Family and friends are contributing what we can, but there is still a gap to fill.

It seems like a great opportunity for her. She had dropped out of college a few years back, and now has an chance to make some meaningful connections with people in a field she very much enjoys. With any luck she will meet some people and have some work lined up after getting back into school once her financial aid is sorted out.

She is doing this through medwish. It is a Cleveland based organization. Unfortunately they have pushed the deadline for funds up a few weeks on her so she is in a bit of a crunch. End of July has turned into end of June.

If anyone is willing to contribute it would be greatly appreciated. She provided me with her document explaining the cause and how to make a donation. It can be done through the organizations website, as well as through mail. Disregard the third option of sending it directly to her.

Cannot figure out how to attach a word document so here is what she prepared.

MedWish International is a Cleveland-based nonprofit organization responsible for recovering and redistributing donated medical supplies that would otherwise end up in landfills. In 2011 alone, MedWish supplied 554,039 pounds of medical supplies to 59 countries. So far this year, MedWish has sent over 100 shipments around the world.

Every year, a select group of medical professionals and volunteers travel to a developing region to provide medical care to the peoples of the area. For this year’s medical brigade, MedWish will be traveling to El Salvador. As an integral member of the MedWish Volunteer Team, I will be joining the group for our journey to the most densely populated country in Central America. I will be working side-by-side with 15 doctors, and 24 other volunteers of different backgrounds. We will be creating make-shift hospitals in schools, and anticipate serving 300-500 patients each day.

The cost for this week-long trip is $2000. The cost will cover airfare, room, board, and clean water at the Centro Salesiano Ayugalo Compound, and immunizations.

I am asking for peers and mentors to sponsor me to help me reach my goal. Any amount is appreciated, and can be donated a number of ways, as detailed below. Thank you for supporting me in this endeavor. Your generosity will make an immeasurable impact on countless families in need of medical care.

Much appreciated,

Ashley Hannola

*All donations are due to MedWish by June 30, 2012. Thank you again for your support!

How you can make donations on Ashley’s Behalf:

1. MedWish Website
    -visit www.medwish.org
    -click on GIVE
    -under “money”, click on GIVE NOW
    -when the dialog box pops up:
    - under “kind of gift”, choose GENERAL DONATION
    -type “Ashley Hannola Brigade” in the comments section

2. Send a check directly to MedWish
    -write “Ashley Hannola Brigade” in the Memo line
    -send to: MedWish
    ATTN: Sarah White, Project Manager
    17325 Euclid Avenue
    Cleveland, Ohio 44112

3. Donate cash or a check directly to Ashley, as she will be paying the travel clinic out-of-pocket for all immunizations.

*All donations are due to MedWish by June 30, 2012. Thank you again for your support!
    If you can help I know she would greatly appreciate it. She is very excited about this opportunity, and continues to talk about how it will be a great building block for her. Feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    IMPORTANT! PLEASE NOTE.
    This DC Forum Member (zeppelin03) has obtained prior Moderator/Administrator permission VIA Private Mail before posting this thread requesting donations from fellow forum members.
    His information and the cause are legitimate. All has undergone verification and scrutiny prior to allowing this thread to be posted.
    So...should you desire to make a donation - you may do so with confidence.
    Members should never post any "like" or similar thread without obtaining prior permission from DC forum staff.
    Thank You.

QKShooter

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Link was broken but is now fixed.

I'll donate. Good luck to your sister.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Thank you. will have to give her a heads up. am sure she will be excite

as far as the link goes I spoke with her and all is resolved. Microsoft word snuck in some autocorrect on her. shifted the .org to .com.

VIP Member
    Donating was easy. Let's get in there guys.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Links