GOTTA SEE!: Wallenda's HIGH-WIRE WALK OVER NIAGARA FALLS !!!

This is a discussion on GOTTA SEE!: Wallenda's HIGH-WIRE WALK OVER NIAGARA FALLS !!! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yeah, ABC flat out refused to film it unless he wore a harness. I can't imagine it would have done much good, though. It had ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: GOTTA SEE!: Wallenda's HIGH-WIRE WALK OVER NIAGARA FALLS !!!

Yeah, ABC flat out refused to film it unless he wore a harness. I can't imagine it would have done much good, though. It had to be open on the bottom to slide over the stabilizers. I could see it just spinning over and slipping right off if something had happened.

It was pretty cool to watch, but he's still nuts. Lol.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    Yeah, ABC flat out refused to film it unless he wore a harness. I can't imagine it would have done much good, though. It had to be open on the bottom to slide over the stabilizers. I could see it just spinning over and slipping right off if something had happened.

It was pretty cool to watch, but he's still nuts. Lol.
    Well he's upholding close to a 100 yr old family tradition and seemed a real nice guy - not abnormal but it's an odd family endeavor, that's for sure. The Wallendas started as a Circus High-Wire act, and still have a circus in Florida. Glad I wasn't born to that family - lord!

Far as the safety-thingy: you're absolutely right, I never thought of that or added 2+2 when I watched - that thing WAS open, would have been really dicey holding anything, let alone a man, 40 lb pole and god knows how much other weight he had on. Silly-stuff..... I was REAL happy he didn't fall and put that thing to its first actual test.

Here's a brief CNN video of the edited walk: http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c2#...agara-walk.ctv

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    DANG,things people do to shop at Walmart LOL.
    I got a feeling if it was a stunt across the "Southern Border" there would have been a line of people behind him telling him to "hurry up"
    ROFL
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I watched the whole ordeal last night as well. Special? Get real.

Distinguished Member
    In an interview this morning besides what has been mention about being forced to wear it he would never have trusted his life to that thing anyway.

He did say for the Grand Canyon he will wear a parachute since the elevation is much higher, but like the falls he won't need to use it.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Walleye....Thanks for that info!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    I watched the whole ordeal last night as well. Special? Get real.
    For you walking on a wire over the brink of Niagara Falls is just run of mill. Couldn't you at least appreciate the great and monstrous combined-beauty-with-danger of the Falls ?- it was great camera work.
    Last edited by walleye; June 20th, 2012 at 02:47 AM.

Amazing mental focus.

I won't take away from the mans achievement. It takes much skill to do what he did and mental concentration. As far as the safety apparatus. IMO it would have protected him from a fall and that chances are he would not die as a result. Depending on how the harness was manufactured he could hang safely for awhile. I do not beleive that the TV station would want millions to watch him fall to his death.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    I won't take away from the mans achievement. It takes much skill to do what he did and mental concentration. As far as the safety apparatus. IMO it would have protected him from a fall and that chances are he would not die as a result. Depending on how the harness was manufactured he could hang safely for awhile. I do not beleive that the TV station would want millions to watch him fall to his death.
    We'll never have to know thank god.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links