Rodney King found dead - Page 4

Rodney King found dead

This is a discussion on Rodney King found dead within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; There is a missing reply, the one with homer Simpson. As a black man that said Jebus....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Rodney King found dead

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    There is a missing reply, the one with homer Simpson. As a black man that said Jebus.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    dead.....and all this time i thought he had been in Buffalo.

poor Otis

------
    honestly, like the great many who pass each day, their life had little if any meaning to me;
    but to themselves, ahh...i believe that we each hold ones self dear.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    There is a missing reply, the one with homer Simpson. As a black man that said Jebus.
    You're not serious? A cartoon done in GRAY? Now, how did you come to the conclusion that he was black, unless you're looking to be offended.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

This is just me, but when people say things that make me uncomfortable, I just move on. I don't try to debate their language or pitch a fit. I guess my skin must be thicker.
    Inspector71 likes this.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I guess rules on religion are being enforced now? Interesting.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I guess rules are being enforced now? Interesting.
    What exactly are you referring to?

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    You're not serious? A cartoon done in GRAY? Now, how did you come to the conclusion that he was black, unless you're looking to be offended.
    I am serious, the reply was there and then it's gone. yet you said nobody removed posts. Yet it was. Lets not assume we are stupid! I am very intuitive and intelligent as are a great many others on this board. I don't like when people insult my intelligence. Do you?
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Blatant religious thread started earlier that was clearly a violation of rule 9. Any post pointing it out was deleted and the thread was allowed to continue.

Rule needs to be removed or clarified. Is it only anti-religious posts/threads that aren't allowed or all of them?

Just hard to follow the rules when it's OK sometimes and not others.

Distinguished Member
    Can't we all just get along?
    WHEC724, kante, l1a1 and 1 others like this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

OD*
    I am serious, the reply was there and then it's gone. yet you said nobody removed posts. Yet it was. Lets not assume we are stupid! I am very intuitive and intelligent as are a great many others on this board. I don't like when people insult my intelligence. Do you?
    I said no posts with racial overtones were deleted, and none were, unless you see a cartoon done in grays as being black. For what it's worth, the staff did not delete the post, the OP did, maybe you should contain your righteous indignation for an occasion actuatly worthy of it.

Blatant religious thread started earlier that was clearly a violation of rule 9. Any post pointing it out was deleted and the thread was allowed to continue.

Rule needs to be removed or clarified. Is it only anti-religious posts/threads that aren't allowed or all of them?
    Absolutely correct! but I fear these will be deleted also. At least everyone in this thread will get the email.

OD*

Just hard to follow the rules when it's OK sometimes and not others.
    Appreantly, I've missed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    I said no posts with racial overtones were deleted, and none were, unless you see a cartoon done in grays as being black. For what it's worth, the staff did not delete the post, the OP did, maybe you should contain your righteous indignation for an occation actuatly worthy of it.
    Oh, its a coincidence! that explains it. I wonder why he deleted it??? Is that a duck? Looks like a duck, quacks like duck. Yep it's a duck.

OD*
    Oh, its a coincidence! that explains it. I wonder why he deleted it??? Is that a duck? Looks like a duck, quacks like duck. Yep it's a duck.
    Think whatever you want.

Got nothing to do right now, so what the heck. For those of you who are happy he's dead, I don't have a comment one way or another. Now, for those of you who are taking the moral high road and admonishing the others, let me remind you how Rodney King became famous-- high speed pursuit from LEO while 3 times over the legal drinking limit. And why was he speeding, possibly putting pedestrians in danger? Well, because he was on parole for armed robbery.
    He didn't want to be in the public eye? Tough crap. The guy did this to himself. Honestly, he was an oxygen thief at best. As my old Drill SGT use to say, "A waste of flesh".
    His actions that night went against everything that I hope the members of this board stand for: Protection of ourselves and others. He could have just as easily run over some innocent kid or you and I.
    Did he deserve to die? Honestly, I don't want to waste a single brain cell debating that with myself. Are we better off that he's gone? Same answer. All I know is that now, I don't have to plant one more tree to make up for the O2 some moron is wasting by breathing.
    If that's callous, I'm sorry you feel that way. I call it pragmatism.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links