Racism in America - Page 2

Racism in America

This is a discussion on Racism in America within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Nick62 Not even sure why this is a topic in a SD forum. We still never got the whole 9mm .vs .45ACP ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Racism in America

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick62 View Post
    Not even sure why this is a topic in a SD forum. We still never got the whole 9mm .vs .45ACP fiasco sorted out
    That's why I put it in the off topic section.
    phreddy likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Not even sure why this is a topic in a SD forum. We still never got the whole 9mm .vs .45ACP fiasco sorted out
    Yes, this thread should be made to disappear. The sooner the better.
    Guest1, Spirit51 and Reaperman357 like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Of course we have "racism" in America. Duh!

Naturally fueled by those who do not like folks of other "races" creeds, colours, religions, age, sex, National origin, or lately sexual persuasion. It is simply a fact of life, and human nature to distrust or suspicion those who appear to be "different" than we ourselves.

Those who capitalize upon the racism in America are the real "racists", they just can't seem to let it go or attempt to get along, or make a realistic attempt to combat racial issues, they seem to only want to scream racism when there is money to be made, or to get their face in the media, disguised as "combating racism.

Being white, I may not have been the target of racism, but I have had those of the African origin act differently towards me when they were away from other African-Americans, than when they are with their kindred.

On the other side, I know one lady who thinks that I am just the best person, hugs me each time we meet, and I feel the same towards her. We don't see "colour" we see persons who physically are different, but we all have the same wants, needs and desires, and yes, we get on just fine.

Racism is now the common tool used by those who's agenda is to make themselves more important and whip up a frenzy so they can accomplish it. They are the real racists in America.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    I never discuss race and religion with anybody but my nuclear family members. As you can see from the posts here, people's definition of a racist tends to be "everybody but me". And the worst religion? "Any religion but mine." And that explains my opening statement.
    You're smart. Once a thread on racism starts, one can find numerous examples of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Yes, this thread should be made to disappear. The sooner the better.
    Couldn't agree more.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    I don't see reason to make it go away if it remains civil.
    Badey likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    That's why I put it in the off topic section.
    Off topic means anything less than .35 caliber
    Hopyard likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I don't see reason to make it go away if it remains civil.
    I agree. This is a real problem, still, IMO, and civil discussion can help us identify our own prejudices and work to correct them.
    ericb327 likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    push an agenda too hard for too long and you get backlash

like a car stuck in snow....push hard to get it going and than ease it along.

best example is feminism.
    it was so in your face in the begining and whan the movement had traction, national attention, it toned it down a taste thus allowing for people to discuss this 'new' idea
    sans the shouting--which was on the border of--too much. my perception is that the concept was marketed well. as the years passed so did new laws and our way of thinking adjusted.
    had 'they' staryed in our face about every little thing, the big picture would have been diluted by backlash.

todays hot button topic of racism has now been pushed too hard and for too long.
    hence the negitave backlash.

you believe in freedom for all or just all like you?
    it gets silly fast if you start to define who deserves the 'rights'
    cause than you are saying that not they do not deserve the same rights.

my rather simpilified morning coffee muse.
    Spirit51 and Reaperman357 like this.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Off topic means anything less than .35 caliber
    I guess the daily bible verse thread here is a .32 acp?
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

The title of this thread is a loaded question. Of course there's racism in America today.

If the OP has to really ask that question, he's probably been locked in a basement all of his life.
    Hopyard likes this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

my doctor said I need to stay away from subjects like this

What I've been able to conclude by reading the threads here are...Racism or any prejudice wouldn't be a problem if we were all the same...you know...white, christian, male, similar clothing style and preferably NO damn yankees. Ah, what a wonderful world it would be then.
    ericb327 likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

VIP Member
    I think many people confuse the color of a person's skin with the behaviors espoused by certain cultures.

Does it seem that African Americans are more prone to a life of crime based on FBI statistics? The answer is 100% yes. Is the cause of this due to the pigments in their skin? If you answer yes then you are a complete fool.

African Americans in the US are struggling with a corrupt cultural paradigm that turns healthy, normal children into teen aged (and adult) thugs. This starts with the lack of a complete family unit (fatherless homes), poor income and no community safety nets and ends up with an idolatry of the thug life and a hatred of what most folks would deem normal.
    I wish their was an easy fix but there isn't.

In the end many folks use their hatred of the corrupt paradigm's offspring as an excuse to hate every person with the same skin color.

Is that racism? Yes, I think it is, but those folks would just say that they base their opinions off of experience. They say that if it looks like a duck and walks like a duck then it's a duck. They never bother to open the book, they just judge by the cover.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

If racism is your thing,join a group,NAACP,ACLU,KLAN,as for me I don't endorse any type of racism,that being said,I will profile if need be,(No matter the race),lets face it we all do.
    I see a zapper in this threads future,had to get in MTCW.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links