Racism in America - Page 8

Racism in America

This is a discussion on Racism in America within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by ericb327 I'm not following you. +1. It's hard to figure out the anonymous passive aggressive insult....

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Racism in America

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    I'm not following you.
    +1. It's hard to figure out the anonymous passive aggressive insult.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Since we have the first black president, we would assume that some change in the racial climate of the country would take place. So, IN YOUR OPINION is racism better or worse since Obama took office? I think it's worse and that is not what I wanted, but certainly expected.

I think it is worse, because when people don't like his failed policies they are called "racist". It isn't his race...it is his POLICIES and the poor way he is using his office. I don't care what color he is....white.....black.....purple....or green....I don't like them. Using this racist label so much is has gone from meaning nothing....to being down right irritating.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Get serious ...

When Obama was first elected I heard plenty of racial comments made( still do) and had NOTHING to do with his political agenda. I can't go into more detail but the worst racial comments are used to describe this man. They started out hating him and have looked for any reason since to back up their position These words of hatred are still used behind closed doors and I hear it all the time.
    Hopyard and ericb327 like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Get serious ...

When Obama was first elected I heard plenty of racial comments made( still do) and had NOTHING to do with his political agenda. I can't go into more detail but the worst racial comments are used to describe this man. They started out hating him and have looked for any reason since to back up their position These words of hatred are still used behind closed doors and I hear it all the time.
    May be the most accurate post in the thread!
    Sig35seven likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Sig35seven: Maybe you ought to choose your company better.

erich327: Ditto.
    mprp, Spirit51 and Doodle like this.

Racism is not just "one race specific" ALL races participate in it and use it to further their own. Having said that, I do believe that the majority of the racism in the United States has come to mean white against black. That seems to get the most media attention. It is not however the only racism in existience.

Racism is not new, it's ancient. The Egyptians hated the Nubians just because and fought with them multitudes of times. The Romans not only were racist, they believed they were the most wonderful culture in the then known world and enslaved any who they deemed beneath themselves.

I have often wondered why we have the distinct three races, Caucasoid, Mongoloid and Negroid and the sub races such as Native peoples in the Americas, Pacific Islands and the Aboriginal people in Australia. Why the "human race" isn't just the same kind of boggles the mind at times.

I believe it is our diversity that makes it interesting, we as humans are all unique in our features but simply put, we are very much the same. We need to drink, eat, sleep, find shelter. We have the desire to reproduce and it has been done in the same way until the advent of science changed the process a bit. We also are chemically made up of the same material. Anyone of any race who dies, decomposes into the same stuff. It's just that bit between birth and death we have the problem with.

Do I think racism will go away? No, I don't believe so. The tendency to fear those who appear different will no doubt always be with us.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Racism, as labeled by the liberal media, would have America believe that the only racists are white folks. That is not the reality or the truth. The truth is that all ethnic groups have racist in their ranks. It is human nature.
    Spirit51 and ericb327 like this.
    Byron
    "HogDoc"

May be the most accurate post in the thread!
    For the love of god, why did you start this thread? Seriously this axe has been ground to a nub and I refuse to be self loathing because I'm white.
    Spirit51 and Harryball like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    For the love of god, why did you start this thread? Seriously this axe has been ground to a nub and I refuse to be self loathing because I'm white.
    Yet you can't stay away!

You always have the option of steering your mouse or thumb another direction.
    atctimmy and mlr1m like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

Yet you can't stay away!

You always have the option of steering your mouse or thumb another direction.
    It's not the reading or the typing that gets me, It's the fact that you're grinding the racism axe on a defensive carry forum. Do you not remember the race bating thread? This got beat to death and you and I got into it and I have a feeling you didn't like how many agreed with what I had to say. It stopped when you just came out and called me a racist, I knew there was no reasoning after that point and hear it is 2 months later and your starting a thread about racism. You're seriously being about as transparent as glass and as much as I love this forum, we don't need threads like this, weather I click on them or not!
    Spirit51 likes this.

"Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by Doodle View Post
    It's not the reading or the typing that gets me, It's the fact that you're grinding the racism axe on a defensive carry forum. Do you not remember the race bating thread? This got beat to death and you and I got into it and I have a feeling you didn't like how many agreed with what I had to say. It stopped when you just came out and called me a racist, I knew there was no reasoning after that point and hear it is 2 months later and your starting a thread about racism. You're seriously being about as transparent as glass and as much as I love this forum, we don't need threads like this, weather I click on them or not!
    We stopped when a mod intervened. I have not accused anyone in this thread. In fact I have not really engaged anyone in this thread. I think some good points were made. Over 2600 views and over 100 replies says a lot of people have interest in thiss Off Topic Discussion. It appears some members feel the same.

My point is we stopped when the mod intervened so, you waited 2 months and started it again, why? (not rhetorical) why did you start this again? Is defensivecarry.com oppressing you? This is not the comment section on the aclu website.
    Spirit51 likes this.

I did not start the race baiting thread! I started the thread because the Rodney King thread got me thinking about it again. I was amazed at some responses and some were deleted. We can learn from each other when we are not in attack mode. There was some good discussion on the topic. You are taking it quite personal. I did not start it with you in mind. Can we bury the nub of an axe?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Links