Racism in America

This is a discussion on Racism in America within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Is racism a problem? Do racists realize they are? Nicole Glass: Obama Presidency Lures Out Dormant Racism Confronting Racism in America - ABC News Hating ...

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: Racism in America

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Last edited by ericb327; June 18th, 2012 at 08:21 AM.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

2. Remove Ads

Racism is an agenda driven emotion controlled by labial democrats and the media for the most part.

I thought a racist was anyone who disagrees with prez zer0.

Anyone who gets their programming from Huffington post or ABC news is a jackass of the highest order.

Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson...

Racism in the media ,,,, is anyone wining a argument with a LIBERAL.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson...
    ...Eric Holder...
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

The race card is the 53rd card in the deck................only to be used when needed.....IMO.

Racism will always be a problem, but we've got a mixed-race POTUS elected by the majority. Not sure many would've imagined that in 1960. Definitely not in 1860.

Still, it wasn't too long ago that my neighbor (previous location) told me he was glad that I moved into the neighborhood instead of "one of them ******s or *****s." If he'd only known how much more I look like my dad than my mom. I had a brief desire to punch out both of his teeth, but then realized I pitied him more than I disliked him, and he had no idea how much he engendered all the stereotypes contained in the equally racist term of "white trash."

Part of the reason Racism will always be a problem is that some folks make their living off of it (from all directions), and other folks just need someone to hate.
    l1a1, Hopyard, EdC and 4 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    I thought a racist was anyone who disagrees with prez zer0.

Anyone who gets their programming from Huffington post or ABC news is a jackass of the highest order.
    Maybe you can suggest some stories or news outlets you find credible! I'm just looking for opinions. I added some articles looking at the other side if the issue. How can I ask the questions without their opinion. It seems that most opinions fall along part lines.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    In order to talk about racism, it is important to have a working definition of it. Here is one from Miriam-Webster (actually two):

"1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

2: racial prejudice or discrimination"

So, by definition number one, anyone who believes that anything anywhere has its basis in race is racist. It doesn't matter if that belief is a pragmatic one or idealistic one. Blacks make better NBA basketball players as proven statistically and numerically--racist. Hip-hop is the best--racist. Mexicans shouldn't be allowed to pick tomatoes because they are stealing Anglo jobs--racist. Blacks commit 50% of the homicides in this country, mostly against other blacks--racist. Whites tend to be toothless redneck crackers who hate everybody else--racist.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I don't feed into racism. JMO
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

I never discuss race and religion with anybody but my nuclear family members. As you can see from the posts here, people's definition of a racist tends to be "everybody but me". And the worst religion? "Any religion but mine." And that explains my opening statement.

Not even sure why this is a topic in a SD forum. We still never got the whole 9mm .vs .45ACP fiasco sorted out

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Maybe you can suggest some stories or news outlets you find credible! I'm just looking for opinions. I added some articles looking at the other side if the issue. How can I ask the questions without their opinion. It seems that most opinions fall along part lines.
    I don't find any of them "credible", and I don't base my world view on any media sources. That's why you have to read everything and draw your own conclusions. The examples you cite come from well established and particularly noxious liberal-leftist agenda-driven sites, hardly the kind of thing I would consider "credible", or "news". I find the hard right to be just as guilty in their ideological fanaticism. Is common sense a party line anywhere? Nope.
    JD, atctimmy, Spirit51 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Pay attention to all or none. Glean what you will. Nothing is unbiased.
    eeeZnow likes this.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Links