Santa Fe, NM.

Santa Fe, NM.

This is a discussion on Santa Fe, NM. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well I may be driving to Santa Fe sometime in July. As far as concealed carry goes it appears it's pretty similar to Kansas except ...

Thread: Santa Fe, NM.

Santa Fe, NM.

Well I may be driving to Santa Fe sometime in July. As far as concealed carry goes it appears it's pretty similar to Kansas except I can only carry one pistol and I can't carry in restaurants serving anything harder than beer and wine. If I missed any additional info, please let me know.

Is there anything I need to check out, see, or do while there? We will be seeing the "staircase" and likely eating at The Shed. I'm sure the wife and daughter will be hitting the farmers market and shopping the locals for jewelry and such. My daughter (bless her heart) thinks I may get bored and has been looking for tomahawk throwing training for me, I don't even have one yet. Any gun stores close to the downtown area that are worth scoping out? Not exactly sure where will be staying.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Make sure you give us a trip report on your return. we are looking at going there later this summer also...

I spent a week there last year. I concealed everywhere with no issues. One place you should plan to visit is The Bradbury Science Museum in Los Alamos which shows the history of the atomic bomb. Be sure and see the video they show. About 30 minutes from Santa Fe. There are a lot of historic sites to visit if you enjoy that kind of stuff. My wife drug me throught the down town district and I did not see any gun stores. Have a good trip.
    From a Marine sniper -- "You can run but you will just die tired"
    Semper Fi

3-6-9-12,be safe and have a great time.

You will need to find a local tomahawk throwing range so you can keep up your proficiency.

I saw one just the other day, it was called "Chuck 'E Axe"

Quote Originally Posted by glockrocker View Post
    3-6-9-12,be safe and have a great time.
    ??? Are you saying I should keep my SA up? Check my 3, 6, 9, and 12?
    NRA Life Member

Hello Santa Fe? Anyone, anyone....
    NRA Life Member

Bataan Museum. Anyone know if it is posted?
    NRA Life Member

There is a kind of funky but fun shop that sells pottery. My wife bought several large pots for flowers and they have held up try well over the years.

I think that the name of the place is the Jackalope. If you were to ask me, I would guess that a self-styled hippy from the 60's started this eclectic venture. It is worth a trip to check it out--beats the heck out of most of the excessively touristy crap gift shops you see--although they have now also added some of that stuff to their line as well.

Also, if you have the taste buds and the belly for it, Santa Fe is host to some of the better opportunities to eat some "red chili" if you enjoy mexican fare.

Enjoy yourself, my wife & I surely did.

Links