One of the other reasons NRA annoys me

This is a discussion on One of the other reasons NRA annoys me within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My litmus test is that an organization efficiently deploy its resources to fight the important skirmishes and battles required to defend and advance our inherent ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 90
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: One of the other reasons NRA annoys me

  1. #31
    MJK
    MJK is offline
    Senior Member Array MJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    803
    My litmus test is that an organization efficiently deploy its resources to fight the important skirmishes and battles required to defend and advance our inherent right to keep and bear arms. Oftentimes the fight occurs on the battlefield of public relations or in the territory of our adversaries (such as the UN). No matter...we will carry on this fight whenever and wherever it is to our advantage to do so.

    Keep working for change if you don't like the way things are done in the NRA. If your ideas have appeal then start a campaign to attract support. The NRA will benefit from your efforts!
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #32
    Guest Array Guest1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    home-astan(FINALLY)
    Posts
    1,125
    Simple fix,don't like getting their annoying e-mails,Remove their e-mail from your list.It'll be easy enough to join again if wanted.
    phreddy likes this.

  4. #33
    Distinguished Member Array Stubborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tampa Fl
    Posts
    1,530
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    This is just one of many emails I get from the NRA and Mr LaPierre. I have told them numerous times to stop bugging me and then I would continue my membership. I also asked if they can just "present the facts ma'am" and stop using hyperbole as if it is fact. So I have a collection of these. BTW: they all say "Final Notice". Am I being petty...I think not. If I write my congressman I don't really expect them to listen but would be pleasantly surprised if they did. I do not like being ignored by an organization that suppose to have my best interest at heart.

    If anyone knows Mr. LaPierre tell him to stop the emails and I will gladly renew my membership. I mean all emails, the ILA, the NRA notices for special discounts, all of them! I will work on the fear mongering and hyperbole at a later date.....sorry, I just don't like being treated like an idiot and it should not be my job to set up filters to put this in my Spam folder when I have emailed them and asked them to stop.

    Oh, and yes, I ran out of my regular coffee and had to go back to decaf today
    When you, "Suntzu" have done as much for American's gun rights as the NRA has over the years, then, perhaps, I would be willing to give you a listen...
    But until that time, (if and when it comes) I will continue to "saddle-up" and ride with the NRA, and GOA, and JPFO

    RayBar likes this.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it".
    Thomas Jefferson

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  5. #34
    VIP Member Array Spirit51's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Central Missouri
    Posts
    2,248
    Talk about being overbearing and pushy.....no one tops the AARP. They start when you are in your forties and never stop. My dead mother is still getting mail from them. They must be learning from Chicago politics. I wouldn't join them for anything. For anyone interested in joining such a organization try looking at this one.

    https://www.generationamerica.org/memberships

    This gives one a choice and still gives the discounts that many look for. You membership doesn't go to support the Liberal/Progressive machine.
    OD* and l1a1 like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

  6. #35
    VIP Member Array suntzu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    TX/NH
    Posts
    5,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubborn View Post
    When you, "Suntzu" have done as much for American's gun rights as the NRA has over the years, then, perhaps, I would be willing to give you a listen...
    But until that time, (if and when it comes) I will continue to "saddle-up" and ride with the NRA, and GOA, and JPFO

    Well, thank you for the time you took to read and respond. And when I achieve the level that the NRA has I will make sure you will be the first I will call

  7. #36
    Ex Member Array Ram Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    13,687
    Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    Lighten up and don't take it so personally. The NRA is the biggest game in town when it comes to fighting for firearm ownership rights recognized and enshrined in the second amendment. Do you know of any other gun ownership organization which has fielded a speaker at the United Nations General Assembly? Or that has been as effective at helping pass CCW laws in 49 states? Or...the list goes on and on.

    We are in a fierce battle to preserve our 2A rights...24/7/365. If you DO NOT support the NRA then in my opinion you are not in that fight, but rather choose to enjoy 2A rights preserved and paid for by others.

    Please consider setting aside your personal issues with the NRA or try to make changes within as a member in good standing...in the long run what's important is that we have your support.

    $0.02
    Well........I could have said the same thing except I'd be laying down about 400 more words to explain my position.
    This is an election year (again). You have any idea what percentage of the registered voters in this country are going to turn out and actually vote? Sad statistic....maybe 20% tops. Reasons the NRA lights fires and fans the flames is because it needs to be done. I should have spent the money back in the day and been a life member by now....yet I keep renewing for one, two, or three years a whack. My membership fees go toward the best cause this country has right now. Seemingly....my generation (our generation for you'ns 40-50 years) is the last that actually gives a damn.
    I am annoyed by a lot of things these days.....neighbor's dog for one........I work nights...sleep days.....the world isn't very kind at all to us. Listen................there's a list of members viewing this thread at the moment......how many of you have never been a member of the NRA? Tell you what......I think it's so important that I will pay (via PayPal) for one new membership for a forum member for one year for the first NEW wannabee NRA member that signs up through this site. I will essentially be reimbursing you for your cost for a one year membership in the NRA via PayPal. Sorry....PayPal is the easiest way for me to do this. I'm not sure how to work this out through the site mods, but with proof of paid membership for one year in the NRA through this site...I will reimburse you (not to exceed $35) via PayPal. You can PM me your forum username once you have paid for your one year membership, and I promise things will work out so long as you have a valid paypal account. Might not hurt to PM me the info as well. This needs to be a first time membership for one year to the NRA......no renewals, and you must use the forum link (which I cannot find at the moment like a lot of other things). I'll keep tabs and relay the message to stop texting once I have a name. You can look up the benefits of NRA membership (including basic firearms insurance) online and select the magazine of your choice. Sorry....I am not offering to pay you an extra $5 to do it at this time. But it is something to think about. I know it's not payday...it's hump day. So the forst forum member on the bubble gets the deal. Read carefully. I'm as serious as I always have been. I'm trusted on this site and hold a 100% rating on EBay. All others who come second to first...my apologies, but please respect that I will issue a statement once the deal has been taken in this thread. You abuse my phone number and I'll send you a virus. Pay close attention to this thread. Thank you.
    (be interesting to see how long this takes or who can read).................
    Last edited by Ram Rod; June 21st, 2012 at 02:16 AM.
    Chevy-SS, l1a1, Stubborn and 1 others like this.

  8. #37
    Senior Member Array Chevy-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    924
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    .........I think it's so important that I will pay (via PayPal) for one new membership for a forum member for one year for the first NEW wannabee NRA member that signs up through this site. I will essentially be reimbursing you for your cost for a one year membership in the NRA via PayPal. Sorry....PayPal is the easiest way for me to do this. I'm not sure how to work this out through the site mods, but with proof of paid membership for one year in the NRA through this site...I will reimburse you (not to exceed $35) via PayPal. You text me your forum username to 4797901178 once you have paid for your one year membership, and I promise things will work out so long as you have a valid paypal account. Might not hurt to PM me the info as well. This needs to be a first time membership for one year to the NRA.....
    (be interesting to see how long this takes or who can read).................
    Woohoo! Now this is a great idea!!!!!! I will join the NRA new-member enrollment party. And I will pay for TWO new memberships (as per Ram Rod's rules above, or as subsequently modified to make this happen)!

    Excellent posting Mr. Ram Rod!

    -
    Ram Rod and phreddy like this.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

  9. #38
    Member Array l1a1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    293
    Great idea Ram Rod and good on you for throwing in too SS. One thing though. As far as the ph number. There are malicious people and bots (coincidentally ran by malicious people) that run on the internet scanning for info like that. You might reconsider posting that. Just a thought.

    Good Luck guys!
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

  10. #39
    Guest Array Guest1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    home-astan(FINALLY)
    Posts
    1,125
    Now thats a member showing some initiative!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Well........I could have said the same thing except I'd be laying down about 400 more words to explain my position.
    This is an election year (again). You have any idea what percentage of the registered voters in this country are going to turn out and actually vote? Sad statistic....maybe 20% tops. Reasons the NRA lights fires and fans the flames is because it needs to be done. I should have spent the money back in the day and been a life member by now....yet I keep renewing for one, two, or three years a whack. My membership fees go toward the best cause this country has right now. Seemingly....my generation (our generation for you'ns 40-50 years) is the last that actually gives a damn.
    I am annoyed by a lot of things these days.....neighbor's dog for one........I work nights...sleep days.....the world isn't very kind at all to us. Listen................there's a list of members viewing this thread at the moment......how many of you have never been a member of the NRA? Tell you what......I think it's so important that I will pay (via PayPal) for one new membership for a forum member for one year for the first NEW wannabee NRA member that signs up through this site. I will essentially be reimbursing you for your cost for a one year membership in the NRA via PayPal. Sorry....PayPal is the easiest way for me to do this. I'm not sure how to work this out through the site mods, but with proof of paid membership for one year in the NRA through this site...I will reimburse you (not to exceed $35) via PayPal. You text me your forum username to 4797901178 once you have paid for your one year membership, and I promise things will work out so long as you have a valid paypal account. Might not hurt to PM me the info as well. This needs to be a first time membership for one year to the NRA......no renewals, and you must use the forum link (which I cannot find at the moment like a lot of other things). I'll keep tabs and relay the message to stop texting once I have a name. You can look up the benefits of NRA membership (including basic firearms insurance) online and select the magazine of your choice. Sorry....I am not offering to pay you an extra $5 to do it at this time. But it is something to think about. I know it's not payday...it's hump day. So the forst forum member on the bubble gets the deal. Read carefully. I'm as serious as I always have been. I'm trusted on this site and hold a 100% rating on EBay. All others who come second to first...my apologies, but please respect that I will issue a statement once the deal has been taken in this thread. You abuse my phone number and I'll send you a virus. Pay close attention to this thread. Thank you.
    (be interesting to see how long this takes or who can read).................

  11. #40
    Ex Member Array Ram Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    13,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    Woohoo! Now this is a great idea!!!!!! I will join the NRA new-member enrollment party. And I will pay for TWO new memberships (as per Ram Rod's rules above, or as subsequently modified to make this happen)!

    Excellent posting Mr. Ram Rod!

    -
    Way too cool IMO! It's newbie day here at the forum. Being new has it's rewards from time to time. Chevy -SS has kindly upped the new NRA membership role to a total of three!

    Don't be shy now. Get on the boat before the boat leaves the harbor.

  12. #41
    Ex Member Array Ram Rod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Fayetteville, AR
    Posts
    13,687
    Quote Originally Posted by l1a1 View Post
    Great idea Ram Rod and good on you for throwing in too SS. One thing though. As far as the ph number. There are malicious people and bots (coincidentally ran by malicious people) that run on the internet scanning for info like that. You might reconsider posting that. Just a thought.

    Good Luck guys!
    I'm a long time craigslist poster as well.........besides......I protected my phone just like I do my computers.

    (posting from this using that) LOL!

  13. #42
    Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, Ky/Cincinatti
    Posts
    1,406
    The gift of emails and junk mail for life. I applaud your support of our 2A rights though.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

    https://www.facebook.com/ninja312


    My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

  14. #43
    Distinguished Member
    Array accessbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    1,318
    I'm not thrilled by the marketing ploys of the NRA. I have chosen to support them but have all of their email go to a special folder and, when I have the time and desire, I scan quickly down them to see if there is anything I'm interested in. If not - it gets purged. My phone number which I gave them is a Magic Jack which I use only for voicemail. I don't answer it. I have yet to get a phone message from them. I received their Introductory Self-Defense/Home Defense DVD which I did not order. I promptly sent back the envelope with the card marked no as they requested. I did not send the DVD back and noted that on the card since it was unsolicited merchandise and postal regulations say that if they send it to you, and you didn't order it, that you don't have to pay them for it and you can keep the merchandise. So I did.

    I'm in the process of spreading my support around to the various 2A groups (including forums like these, which I have donated to support) and that is just what I do.
    EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

  15. #44
    Distinguished Member
    Array accessbob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    1,318
    Oh, and as to the junk mail - I get a whole lot more, and worse, from the American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, March of Dimes, and the lot. I have so many darned mail labels that they have sent me as a "gift" that I will never, ever run out. And they keep on coming. And I only donated to each of these ONCE years ago.
    EDC - Glock 36 OR Glock 30, Ruger LC9, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

  16. #45
    VIP Member Array packinnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    4,196
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    ROFLMAO - how can ANYONE on this forum argue AGAINST supporting the NRA?

    Let's all agree that the NRA is not perfect. But holy mackerel folks, the NRA is all about protecting our 2A rights. And since this forum only exists BECAUSE of our 2A rights, then I would say, if you dislike the NRA - you're on the WRONG forum.

    Jeeez

    -
    No they're not. These days they're all about protecting the rights of "deer hunters" and "sportsman" who shoot "clays" on approved ranges.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

    "Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

america's first freedom thomas paine nra

,

becuz stop bugging sorry just op means

,

dudley brown nra

,

email nra.org.sa loc:us

,

half priced nra membership

,

is the half off nra membership on facebook real

,

is your nra membership active as soon as u pay

,

newspaper classified send one dollar -dude -ringtone

,

nra half price facebook

,

nra half price life

,

reasons why i will never join the nra

,

second amendment and the 49 reasons nra is wrong

,

the nra keeps bugging me to renew membership

,

uscca yearly dues

,

what does nra membership dues go toward

Click on a term to search for related topics.