One of the other reasons NRA annoys me

This is a discussion on One of the other reasons NRA annoys me within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by oakchas Let's not get this political, or it will be locked. Both sides use statistics that are questionable... both sides cite statements ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: One of the other reasons NRA annoys me

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Let's not get this political, or it will be locked.

Both sides use statistics that are questionable... both sides cite statements that are out of context... I try to get ALL the information I can... and make my own decisions... and If it's warranted, I will take the time to write an individual letter to the politician who represents MY interests in the matter....
    Thank you! That is all I have been trying to say.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Thank you! That is all I have been trying to say.
    I knew that...

And you've been stating your case well... but there are some "sacred cows" we can't attack.... A lot of folks hate it when "Tactical Tim" tires to sell them "Defense Shield" to join USCCA... but don't dis the NRA for using the same tactics...
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I knew that...

And you've been stating your case well... but there are some "sacred cows" we can't attack.... A lot of folks hate it when "Tactical Tim" tires to sell them "Defense Shield" to join USCCA... but don't dis the NRA for using the same tactics...
    It's funny. I start a thread by saying I won't keep joining the NRA, give my reasons, which a lot seem to agree with, and I have been told maybe I should consider not voting, I am delusional, and maybe I am in the wrong forum.

Wow is all I can say. Funny thing is I really did not address too much about about whether I agree with the NRA or not. Just the fact that I do not like their tactics. But I will heed the advise of the forum and go see a shrink, close my membership here, and stay home on voting day. That seems to be the advice you get if you dare tread on the holy shrine of the NRA and say something negative about them.

It's funny. I start a thread by saying I won't keep joining the NRA, give my reasons, which a lot seem to agree with, and I have been told maybe I should consider not voting, I am delusional, and maybe I am in the wrong forum.

Wow is all I can say. Funny thing is I really did not address too much about about whether I agree with the NRA or not. Just the fact that I do not like their tactics. But I will heed the advise of the forum and go see a shrink, close my membership here, and stay home on voting day. That seems to be the advice you get if you dare tread on the holy shrine of the NRA and say something negative about them.
    You can do that, we are still free. But you sound like it's all about YOU.Sure NRA has screwed up, but if it wasn't for the NRA, we would have lost our weapons long time ago, FACT! I been NRA life member for years along with other groups. I don't cry, I try to do somrthing about it.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Quote Originally Posted by SatCong View Post
    You can do that, we are still free. But you sound like it's all about YOU.Sure NRA has screwed up, but if it wasn't for the NRA, we would have lost our weapons long time ago, FACT! I been NRA life member for years along with other groups. I don't cry, I try to do somrthing about it.
    Stating an opinion about an organization is crying about it? Why do you feel I think it is all about me? For stating a personal opinion? And I do a lot in my community talking to folks about gun rights (mostly OC'ing), voting, sending donations to folks I agree with. Oh, BTW: I said I was not going to renew my membership....I never said I would never donate again.

I am starting to think in the forum rules under the topics not to talk about because passions go high they need to add any negative discussion about a pro gun organization along with politics and religion.

The fact is that many folks don't have the time to be involved directly in the democratic process... Older folks join AARP, to give them a voice... the individuals may not agree with all that the organization does... but with many of it's practices and definitely with it's clout.

NRA gives voice with clout to many of us who favor the Second Amendment... But it is also the organization that, early on, fostered "reasonable restrictions" on the Second Amendment. When they realized that in so doing they had, in fact, "stepped in it"; they started acting to correct their actions.

You can't have perfection for each individual... Just like your congressman cannot (for the most part) represent you and everything you want as an individual... his responsibility is to his entire constituency. Unfortunately, representatives in government respond to the $$$... large groups donating small amounts make for a rich, and powerful organization... almost as large and powerful as industry groups.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

MJK
    I respect your right to freely express your opinion and hope you will continue to do so...we all benefit from the diversity of thought presented on this forum!

If you choose not to renew that is entirely your call. And if you are planning to vote for OB I still suggest you stay home that day! :-)
    i10casual likes this.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Thumbs up

The fact is that many folks don't have the time to be involved directly in the democratic process... Older folks join AARP, to give them a voice... the individuals may not agree with all that the organization does... but with many of it's practices and definitely with it's clout.

NRA gives voice with clout to many of us who favor the Second Amendment... But it is also the organization that, early on, fostered "reasonable restrictions" on the Second Amendment. When they realized that in so doing they had, in fact, "stepped in it"; they started acting to correct their actions.

You can't have perfection for each individual... Just like your congressman cannot (for the most part) represent you and everything you want as an individual... his responsibility is to his entire constituency. Unfortunately, representatives in government respond to the $$$... large groups donating small amounts make for a rich, and powerful organization... almost as large and powerful as industry groups.
    Your right, you said it like it is.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    I respect your right to freely express your opinion and hope you will continue to do so...we all benefit from the diversity of thought presented on this forum!

If you choose not to renew that is entirely your call. And if you are planning to vote for OB I still suggest you stay home that day! :-)
    I'm not voting for Obama! Unless he legalizes some mushrooms you NRA cultists have been smoking LOL. And If I do not post in the next week or so it is becasue I am moving to TX, not quitting the forum!
    eeeZnow likes this.

I quit supporting them after they sent me 4 bills for a cd I never requested or received. Took 9 phone calls to get it resolved.

MJK
    Hey Suntzu...good luck with your move hope all goes well! We'll look forward to hearing from you when you return!
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

I'm not voting for Obama! Unless he legalizes some mushrooms you NRA cultists have been smoking LOL.
    I always want to make comments when these types of things are said. Time and place I guess.

Realized I have very different views than a number of people here. Anyhow, still don't like those mailings.

And If I do not post in the next week or so it is becasue I am moving to TX, not quitting the forum!
    Hope the move goes smoothly and glad you're sticking around.

Oakchas and packinnova: There's an entire industry built around getting people to pay others for their services. Doctors send out appt reminders and do calls all the time - do ya'll look for new ones each year when your yearly checkup date comes around?

Distinguished Member
    Funny, I just got an invoice and letter saying PLEASE PAY FOR OR RETURN YOUR DVD TODAY which refers to the unsolicited DVD that they sent me a few weeks after joining. I just sent them an email back telling them I'm keeping it and not paying for it since it is unsolicited merchandise and, by law, I can keep unsolicited merchandise without paying for it. I also told them if they sent me another notice I would be contacting my attorney, and I do have one available through prepaid legal which is great. I've had to use them a few times and they seem to get good results.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Funny, I just got an invoice and letter saying PLEASE PAY FOR OR RETURN YOUR DVD TODAY which refers to the unsolicited DVD that they sent me a few weeks after joining. I just sent them an email back telling them I'm keeping it and not paying for it since it is unsolicited merchandise and, by law, I can keep unsolicited merchandise without paying for it. I also told them if they sent me another notice I would be contacting my attorney, and I do have one available through prepaid legal which is great. I've had to use them a few times and they seem to get good results.
    WOW! An Attorney even.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Links