One of the other reasons NRA annoys me

This is a discussion on One of the other reasons NRA annoys me within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is just one of many emails I get from the NRA and Mr LaPierre. I have told them numerous times to stop bugging me ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: One of the other reasons NRA annoys me

One of the other reasons NRA annoys me

This is just one of many emails I get from the NRA and Mr LaPierre. I have told them numerous times to stop bugging me and then I would continue my membership. I also asked if they can just "present the facts ma'am" and stop using hyperbole as if it is fact. So I have a collection of these. BTW: they all say "Final Notice". Am I being petty...I think not. If I write my congressman I don't really expect them to listen but would be pleasantly surprised if they did. I do not like being ignored by an organization that suppose to have my best interest at heart.

If anyone knows Mr. LaPierre tell him to stop the emails and I will gladly renew my membership. I mean all emails, the ILA, the NRA notices for special discounts, all of them! I will work on the fear mongering and hyperbole at a later date.....sorry, I just don't like being treated like an idiot and it should not be my job to set up filters to put this in my Spam folder when I have emailed them and asked them to stop.

Oh, and yes, I ran out of my regular coffee and had to go back to decaf today

Dear Sun Tzu :

Your NRA membership has officially expired. I've e-mailed you several times and I haven't heard back from you.
    Not True. I have emailed and talked on the phone with NRA reps about them stop bugging me.

If you have a problem with NRA that's keeping you from renewing your membership, please let me know what it is, and I pledge to you that I'll do whatever I can to fix it.
    Like I said, I have contacted them numerous times about stop sending emails to me. So I guess his pledge is to ignore me. If he can't fix this simple problem I wonder how much he can do for 2A rights. (that was sarcasm)

Right now, we have the fight of our life on our hands in Washington. The gun banners control the vast Federal government and the power to harass and intimidate gun owners. They want to ban your ranges and hunting lands.
    Hyperbole. Even many Democratic politicians support gun rights and so far Obama has not done much. Not saying it can't happen.

Yours in Liberty,

Wayne LaPierre
    Executive Vice President, NRA
    mcp1810 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

My problem with both political wings is the same: the fear tactics. They try to scare you into seeing things their way. And you know what? It works, at least on a vast number of Gullibo-Americans. Sheeple we call 'em. So, no, leftie, concealed carry laws won't result in a massive increase in murder, and sorry rightie (Mr. Pierre, e.g.) the Dems aren't going to take my guns and my right to shoot. And as long as the fringes of both parties remain just that -- fringes -- we reasonable people in the middle can just live and let live.
    lordj, Calamitus and i10casual like this.

politics is pretty much all about fear-mongering as is media it's the way of the world.
    "Death Overcomes All"
    "All it takes for Evil to triumph is for Good men to stand by and do nothing"

VIP Member
    Arghh... 'Don't get me started...
    Stubborn and Spirit51 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    You pinned down exactly why i will not support the NRA. I find their fund raising tactics to be repugnant. I do not support spammers. Businesses who take one transaction as an invitation to pester me never get another dime from me.

ROFLMAO - how can ANYONE on this forum argue AGAINST supporting the NRA?

Let's all agree that the NRA is not perfect. But holy mackerel folks, the NRA is all about protecting our 2A rights. And since this forum only exists BECAUSE of our 2A rights, then I would say, if you dislike the NRA - you're on the WRONG forum.

Jeeez

-
    niks, sixgun, JDE101 and 6 others like this.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post

Let's all agree that the NRA is not perfect. But holy mackerel folks, the NRA is all about protecting our 2A rights. And since this forum only exists BECAUSE of our 2A rights, then I would say, if you dislike the NRA - you're on the WRONG forum.

Jeeez

-
    Are you now the dictator of this forum deciding the rules of who should join. Ya know, do you like it watching MSNBC or FOX when they give half truths and do fear mongering? I do not. I also do not like it when a group who suppose to be supporting me does not listen to me. And as far as this forum existing I thought that had to do with our 1st A rights...not the 2nd. But I guess I can brush up on that. You just keep ROFLMAO if you want and support an organization that has blown off every email and conversation I have had with them for the last 10 years. It is called a personal choice of who I like to be associated with. I choose not to associate with a group that thinks fear mongering to its own flock is a good course of action. Folks that need that to reinforce a postion are of a weak mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    -
    Ooops, almost forgot. Is that like when Bush said to the effect "If you are not with us you are against us?" Idiotic ultimatums like that cost us the respect of the world. And did nothing to further the US cause against terrorsim. Same thing...I don't like ultimatums or you must do this or otherwise you do not agree with us.
    i10casual likes this.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    I have been a member of the NRA for years and will continue to support them in the future. Freedom of choice is the American way.
    Nick62, oneshot, sixgun and 7 others like this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

They have our best interest at heart collectively, but as individuals, not so much. Emails are a waste of time with them. Calling will get results,maybe.

VIP Member
    As annoying as the NRA is, they haven't scratched the surface compared to Dudley Brown and GOA.

While I don't agree with all of their positions, and tactics, they are by far the best Pro 2A organization out there.
    oneshot, JDE101, RmScadd and 1 others like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    As annoying as the NRA is, they haven't scratched the surface compared to Dudley Brown and GOA.

While I don't agree with all of their positions, and tactics, they are by far the best Pro 2A organization out there.
    I will agree with that! The GOA sends out letters like something has already happened and gives a doomsday scenario for every little thing. Here is the thing that I do not understand...there rhetoric, both NRA and GOA, is inflammatory and used to generate fear to garnish memberships and donations. But they are already preaching to the choir. And I highly doubt they convert many anti's with thier message. So why the hyperbole? Who are they trying to convince? Folks that own guns already suppport the 2 A. That us what drives me nuts. I read something from either organization and then I need to go fact check and find out sometimes they exhagerrated or lied by omission by withholding all the facts.

MJK
    Lighten up and don't take it so personally. The NRA is the biggest game in town when it comes to fighting for firearm ownership rights recognized and enshrined in the second amendment. Do you know of any other gun ownership organization which has fielded a speaker at the United Nations General Assembly? Or that has been as effective at helping pass CCW laws in 49 states? Or...the list goes on and on.

We are in a fierce battle to preserve our 2A rights...24/7/365. If you DO NOT support the NRA then in my opinion you are not in that fight, but rather choose to enjoy 2A rights preserved and paid for by others.

Please consider setting aside your personal issues with the NRA or try to make changes within as a member in good standing...in the long run what's important is that we have your support.

$0.02
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

As annoying as the e-mails are, they are nothing compared to the soon to be phone calls to support this candidate or that candidate, or this issue or that issue. Congress was nice enough to create a do not call list and to make rules for who can call, and guess what..... they exempted themselves and their special interests from that list. I expect my phone to start ringing by mid-July.

Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    Lighten up and don't take it so personally. The NRA is the biggest game in town when it comes to fighting for firearm ownership rights recognized and enshrined in the second amendment. Do you know of any other gun ownership organization which has fielded a speaker at the United Nations General Assembly? Or that has been as effective at helping pass CCW laws in 49 states? Or...the list goes on and on.

We are in a fierce battle to preserve our 2A rights...24/7/365. If you DO NOT support the NRA then in my opinion you are not in that fight, but rather choose to enjoy 2A rights preserved and paid for by others.

Please consider setting aside your personal issues with the NRA or try to make changes within as a member in good standing...in the long run what's important is that we have your support.

$0.02
    Is that your litmus test, that somebody spoke at the UN? Well, terrorist leaders and the whack job that is the president of Iran has spoken at the UN. Don't see your point. Just like those politicians were ineffectual convincing the UN general assembly I am sure that a pro gun guy from a US organization means squat influencing gun policy around the world.

As far as trying to make changes as a member in good standing I HAVE BEEN for over ten years. And the NRA has not been responsive.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links