walmart fun....o.0 - Page 2

walmart fun....o.0

This is a discussion on walmart fun....o.0 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; thats actually what I was wondering and has had me thinking about this maybe more then I should of. You saw the lady and her ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: walmart fun....o.0

thats actually what I was wondering and has had me thinking about this maybe more then I should of.
    You saw the lady and her two kids as you were getting in line. Even though she had left a gap in the line you didn't ask her if she was in line (as you should have done) you just went in front of her. You even admit that this "is where you messed up".
    I try to be polite, at all times, when I meet someone or when I am just passing someone, But this is what has me thinking they were 6-10 feet back and I assumed they were standing there because they were checking out the candy rack kinda of just there so it didnt seem like they were in line, but, what really had me thinking was the part in red.

I was raised by my grandparents more then anyone so I was always taught respect your elders and treat people how you would want to be treated. I try to live to that, but this had me thinking.

I honestly dont think my bike scared anyone (would be amazed if it did actually)

Thank you all for your input
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    Politeness
    Moving parts in rubbing contact require lubrication to avoid excessive wear. Honorifics and formal politeness provide lubrication where people rub together. Often the very young, the untraveled, the naive, the unsophisticated deplore these formalities as `empty,' `meaningless,' or `dishonest,' and scorn to use them. No matter how `pure' their motives, they thereby throw sand into machinery that does not work too well at best.

seems L. Long by the hand of R. A. Heinlein is well read; as i see many quotes of his here.

im of the school of least resistance....try not to assign malice to acts which can be attributed to ignorance.
    Arthritis sucks big-big
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Claude - Thanks for the proper credit to the author of the quote. I struck out on my feeble attempt to look for it and gave up. :)
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links