walmart fun....o.0

This is a discussion on walmart fun....o.0 within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just realised I never asked this here.. This would of made no difference if I had been carrying a firearm or not (am not ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: walmart fun....o.0

walmart fun....o.0

I just realised I never asked this here..

This would of made no difference if I had been carrying a firearm or not (am not carrying and dont own one yet)

I asked a few people on a motorcycle forum just because I was annoyed that day and wanted to vent so I want to ask you all as well to see if I should of payed more attention or what I missed that you all would of picked up on

this happened 2-28-2012

Went to walmart with the girlfriend.
    Had some pies (desert) some candy a hello kitty pez for the misses and some jelly beans for me (Starburst jelly beans, there awsome)

I get in line and before I got in line I noticed this large lady and her two large kids (younger then me just weight size larger then me..im 5'8 220)

So there 6-10 ft back just by the register like there hanging out so I get in line right behind the person paying. (This is where I messed up I guess I should of assumed they were in line right)

so as my girlfriend and I are waiting in line I hear

"Werent we behind this lady, Hey you, your infront of me"
    I look at her and say "Were you in line"
    her "Of course I was I was behind the lady"
    me: When the line moves you know you move with the line right
    her: yes
    me: (To be nice) Do you want to go ahead and pay
    her: Of course I do
    me: Then you might want to move so you can pay (and I stayed in spot and made her walk around me)

As we finish paying and leave I notice her kid behind a wall and basically being a kid, we walk past the greeter and they say "thank you" and I said "Thank you back with a smile" I notice her (The lady from the line) on my 6 and I glance back with a sneer and they walk the other way. My girlfriend told me her daughter smirked at her when they walked around us and she shot her a look and she put her head down.

I was secound guessing my actions and thought maybe I messed up, Maybe I should of been nicer but then again maybe I did just fine..

Have anyone had anything like this happen?

Personally I like having a smile all the time, im always happy but this really irked me. I still like the fact they waited for us to leave, and felt bad I wasnt carrying my knife. (Always prepared...usually)
    Like I said I think I did well. One other thing we were on the bike and when we walked torwdes it they kinda slowed and walked at an angle like they were going to consider following us but decided against it at the end.

Im one of those people who likes to shoot pool but cant feel comfortable unless I have the table at the corner after the doors are locked behind me so I know no one is comeing from that direction and I can see everyones hands (my friends girlfriends love that, im always on point o.0) anything like this happen to you all or anything I could of corrected?
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

2. Remove Ads

I can't really see your point there Spade115. This had absolutely ZERO to do with a defensive situation. Maybe a more appropriate response would have been, "Oh I'm sorry ma'am I didn't realize you were in line. Please go ahead." and let her pass. It's quite possible the woman was going to confront you verbally or maybe the daughter was in the process of smirking at your lady again.

Either way here's my take....

Politeness
    Moving parts in rubbing contact require lubrication to avoid excessive wear. Honorifics and formal politeness provide lubrication where people rub together. Often the very young, the untraveled, the naive, the unsophisticated deplore these formalities as `empty,' `meaningless,' or `dishonest,' and scorn to use them. No matter how `pure' their motives, they thereby throw sand into machinery that does not work too well at best.
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Sounds like you did OK, some people need to be ejumacated. People who stand in doorways usually give me a funny look after I shout "Make a hole!" and plow through them. (without lubricant, I1a1)

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    motorcycles, walmart, lines, pool.....? 0_o
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

TMI, Aborigine. TMI.

I retract my original statement and advice. Just clear leather and fire a couple of warning shots if the unruly mom with the smirking children gets a little out of step with you. That's why we all carry right? :)

I'll be over at the "being polite in the Walmart line to strangers that may or may not deserve it forum". Carry on.
    Guest1 likes this.
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    I think you did okay so I'm wondering why you are doubting yourself. I'm thinking that you think you should've handled it differently and that's all the motive you need to do something different the next time something similar happens.

I wasn't there so you know more about this than I do but I wouldn't necessarily think or believe they waited for you. People are weird. The lady doesn't even know how to stand in line properly. Maybe she doesn't know how to leave properly either. Maybe she just naturally lingers. I'm not trying to sound sarcastic. Just a thought...

Perhaps the best thing that came out of this is that it has brought to your attention the need to always be prepared and have your carry with you - gun &/or knife.

No manners,raised in a barn,rude,chip on her shoulder,looking for a confrontation so she could sue somebody,etc. But I don't think this was a serious defensive situation. Just a rude beeoch. Rise above it.

P95
    Don't get it...

Quote Originally Posted by Spade115 View Post
    Im one of those people who likes to shoot pool but cant feel comfortable unless I have the table at the corner after the doors are locked behind me so I know no one is comeing from that direction and I can see everyones hands (my friends girlfriends love that, im always on point o.0) anything like this happen to you all or anything I could of corrected?
    Paranoid much?
    Spade115 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    Paranoid much?
    mostly yes o.0
    Bad habbit I picked up.

I just threw it up here really just to see if I was over reacting, Didnt have anything to do with self defense which is why I put it in "the Off Topic & Humor" But what had me thinking when I came across my original thread (on the motorcycle section) was how annoyed I felt unprepaired. Because I didnt notice her I saw an empty line and went to pay out to leave (Walmart is across the street from my house and I try to avoid it as much as possible still or just walk around at best) The other thing that got my attention was the thread that had been here about the gentlemen complimenting another persons rims and getting sucker punched.

Thank you all for the replies :D

going to print this out and leave it on my desk here at work
    Politeness
    Moving parts in rubbing contact require lubrication to avoid excessive wear. Honorifics and formal politeness provide lubrication where people rub together. Often the very young, the untraveled, the naive, the unsophisticated deplore these formalities as `empty,' `meaningless,' or `dishonest,' and scorn to use them. No matter how `pure' their motives, they thereby throw sand into machinery that does not work too well at best.
    l1a1 likes this.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

VIP Member
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

And what we have to remember is we are in the "Generation of Disrespect" where some think they are owed everything.
    l1a1 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    All I got from this story is the fact that you think your motorcycle scared someone and someone thinks you're cool cause you're always on point. What I would recommend is forgo the pool, pez and jellybeans for a while and save up for a handgun and your permit, then some training. That's about the only thing in your post that mattered.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

You saw the lady and her two kids as you were getting in line. Even though she had left a gap in the line you didn't ask her if she was in line (as you should have done) you just went in front of her. You even admit that this "is where you messed up".

Then, when she says you went in front of her you decided to teach her a lesson. Why? She may have been guilty of letting a space occur in the line but she was still in the line and may have been distracted for a moment. You took advantage of the gap and then became rude. Your now trying to justify your immature actions as you sit there eating your jelly beans. Think next time, be polite and be a little more considerate.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    All I got from this story is the fact that you think your motorcycle scared someone and someone thinks you're cool cause you're always on point. What I would recommend is forgo the pool, pez and jellybeans for a while and save up for a handgun and your permit, then some training. That's about the only thing in your post that mattered.
    Hearing this story and the immature nature of his actions makes me worry about suggesting a loaded hand gun. It sounds like it would just be another toy.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links