A woman owned gun store?- times are changing

This is a discussion on A woman owned gun store?- times are changing within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Only in texas... right! check out the name of the place. this texas "good ol'boy" wishes her a lot of luck "A woman-owned business, a ...

Thread: A woman owned gun store?- times are changing

A woman owned gun store?- times are changing

Only in texas... right! check out the name of the place.

this texas "good ol'boy" wishes her a lot of luck

"A woman-owned business, a woman firearms instructor - there's a great need for it," said Judith Baker, the girl behind "A Texas Girl's Guns."
    KEYE TV We Are Austin.com :: News - Top Stories - Gun Ownership Skyrockets; Crime Is Down

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like Kate Krueger at Derby Guns out here in Scottsdale!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    I love seeing women in gun stores and at the range!
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

We have one right here too, Nimrods Guns, owned by Kathleen Michel, located in Florissant Colorado. A great LGS!

Nassau Sporting Goods in St. Peters, MO is owned by Denise Nassau. Her dad was the original owner. She is VERY fair, has great prices & will get my business more often than not.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Awesome! Love to see that.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Yeah, there's one in Liberty, MO as well - but the owner really pissed me off last time I was there. Know someone else that won't go back b/c of a jerk behind the counter. Guess it can be the same no matter who owns the store.

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    When I was going shopping for my 1st gun, I was going around checking prices before I buy. I walked into one gun store (don't know if she was the owner or not) and there was a lady behind the desk in a wheel chair and looked to be about 70-80 years old. That women taught me more about guns then any other male gun salesmen that I ran into.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

I think I'd like that!The LGS here keeps most of the showroom lights off like they are ashamed of how dirty the place is.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

We've got one where I'm from.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Did anyone else catch the last line in the article?

"A notable study found some violent crimes increased, especially aggravated assault, when more citizens carry concealed weapons. Go to "The Impact of Right-to-Carry Laws and th" by John J. Donohue to see the study.Gun Ownership Skyrockets; Crime Is Down"

Not only does the author of the article feel the need to throw this in at the end, they overstate what the study concludes. I read the page the link sends you to, and the guy says that according to the data they analyzed, right to carry laws increase aggravated assaults and have no effect on any other crimes. I did not see where to get any of his actual analysis or data though, just the conclusion, so obviously take it with a grain of salt. I'm not sure how that premise even makes sense, that RTC would have a measureable impact on one and only one specific type of crime. I think their methods might be suspect.
    Walk softly ...

What's the big deal ... my gun shop of choice is a Mom & Pop and Mom is more often than not the one behind the counter ringing up sales and answering questions ("Does this come in red?"). You could easily assume she's sole proprietor or manager. Pop mostly walks around acting like a security guard (which he understandably is) with his G27 at 3:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    I love seeing women in gun stores and at the range!
    Me Too

Its Hot

I would be willing to hazard an estimate that 25-30% of the shooters at the range I frequent are women.

Just the other day, a lady in the booth next to me dumped a mag of .45cal producing what appeared to be three holes in the target at 21 feet. That's right, 8 rounds, 3 holes all within a couple of centimeters from the 'x'.

I asked her if it was her first time shooting, which got a good laugh out of her and her significant other (BTW the sig. other's group was about an 8 inch spread)

Bigstick, I breezed through the article and also noticed that they even admitted that their findings weren't statistically significant. Also didn't notice if they actually differentiated btwn there being a correlation btwn the two and causation. The incr in CCW could also be caused by increases in violent crimes. No matter what they claim, they still have to get past the FBI reports that violent crime nationwide is steadily declining, at a 40 yr low, and streets aren't covered in blood like they predicted.

Links