road rage fight on frwy-Califoria style

This is a discussion on road rage fight on frwy-Califoria style within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Here is a lesson to be learned "don't get out of the car if you are outnumbered”. This guy figured he had some karate class ...

Like Tree16Likes
  • 5 Post By HotGuns
  • 3 Post By mprp
  • 2 Post By ericb327
  • 1 Post By DontTreadOnI
  • 5 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: road rage fight on frwy-Califoria style

Here is a lesson to be learned "don't get out of the car if you are outnumbered”. This guy figured he had some karate class and that made him kung-Fu. I wonder how he felt seeing himself on you-tube stretched out like a piece of truck tire on the shoulder of the road

California authorities investigate video of freeway beating posted online | Fox News

Senior Moderator
    The old song comes to mind...

You gotta know when to hold them,
    know when to fold them,
    know when to walk away,
    know when to run...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Idiots that finally found eachother.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Hmm no one called, not even the victim? And there was no traffic on I-5? I've NEVER seen NO traffic on I-5. Not so sure about this one.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

If true ...

Amazing how much safer a 3500 pound vehicle can be. It can provide transportation, protection, and a fair degree of evidence that a person didn't want to contribute to escalating a disagreement. Toss all that out the window ... and you get what you get.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Hard to get involved when you don't know who the bad guy is. This is a clear case of call 911 and be a good witness.
    mprp and Spade115 like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    Hard to get involved when you don't know who the bad guy is. This is a clear case of call 911 and be a good witness.
    Easy to tell who the bad guy was in this. All of them!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Easy to tell who the bad guy was in this. All of them!
    Yeah, you put it better. Maybe portable popcorn maker.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Looks like someones mouth wrote a bigger check than his ass could cover....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    They called him the victim in the article. If you ask me whenever you willfully step in the ring you're not a victim. Maybe if a weapon had been used, but he was clearly asking for a fistfight.
    Spade115 likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I used to let my personal 'male' pride make judgements for me, but as an 'older and experienced' individual I have learned that it's so easy to just let these potentially dangerous situations go. Someone cuts me off...completely their fault...I'm willing to say "Sorry, my bad." and move on through life.

Had this guy just let the situation go...he would not have gotten the ambulance ride...pretty dumb!

Too many crazy people in this world...some drugged up, many are armed. It's relatively easy to 'pass' on things that used to make me very angry...life is too short tangle with the 'crazies'.
    If the need comes to defend myself...REALLY defend myself or family, I can do that when I do not have an opportunity to 'exit stage left'.
    RMS, mprp, msgt/ret and 2 others like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    I think the reason the "victim" didn't call the police is that he knew he instigated the fight and had ample opportunity to extricate himself, and he initiated the physical contact.

If I were the witness that videod this, I would not even have rolled my window down more than a crack to get audio, and I probably would have stopped the car further away.

Looks like both parties were idiots. The part where I would say it crossed the line though is when he was unconcious on the ground and they were kicking his head. To me it then transitions from a fist fight/assault, to attempted murder.
    Walk softly ...

heres a question (maybe im wrong) but I have to ask..

Weve read scenarios where your friend gets into a fight and some would jump in to help and some would not.

this started as a 1 on 1 (the other two guys seem to just be standing around) and the solo fighter made the first attack.

Could it of been the other dudes buddy started getting beat before he interviened to protect his friend?

and he beat the other guy (solo guy) to protect his friend?

I know it says 3 on 1 but the story says 2 on 1.

I know this wouldnt really be classified as helping a friend since they all seemed to park and get out of the vehicle and it was a confrontation at that point.
    When life gives you lemons, Open a lemonaid buisness.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    Here is a lesson to be learned "don't get out of the car if you are outnumbered”. This guy figured he had some karate class and that made him kung-Fu. I wonder how he felt seeing himself on you-tube stretched out like a piece of truck tire on the shoulder of the road
    If I have two brain cells that are talking to each other, why would I leave the advantage of my car? As for the karate, the only thing he did with his leg was set himself up to get his butt kicked. No evidence of any kind of training is shown.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

P95
    A village somewhere is missing two morons.

Links