Dash-Cam

This is a discussion on Dash-Cam within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My wife and I have been wanting to get a dash-cam for her car for quite a while now. Does anybody know of a decent ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Burns
  • 1 Post By mprp
  • 1 Post By mlr1m

Thread: Dash-Cam

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar

Dash-Cam

My wife and I have been wanting to get a dash-cam for her car for quite a while now.

Does anybody know of a decent one for a pretty low price, we don't have a lot to spend at the moment.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

2. Remove Ads

Should we ask why? Or is it a secret....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    She gets into a lot of accidents, none of which are her fault tho...

I think everyone should have one in their car. When you have no witnesses it's your word against the other persons word unless you have some form of proof.

Another reason is we see a lot of crazy stuff when we're driving, I wouldn't mind capturing it on film :)
    ericb327 likes this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

They have them ranging in price from $69 on up. I wouldnt go the cheep route. Your going to want something thats well made. Check this sight out...

THE VIDEO COPILOT DASH CAMERA/DVR - Video Samples
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

If you already have a smart phone like a Droid, you can download an app like Daily Roads Voyager. Just need a dash mount for your phone. Download is free.

DailyRoads Voyager
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    If you already have a smart phone like a Droid, you can download an app like Daily Roads Voyager. Just need a dash mount for your phone. Download is free.

DailyRoads Voyager
    That's not a bad idea. We each have a droid 2, and we are about to switch phone companies in a month and get new phones. Can it still be used if you don't have any service on your phone?

Can it still be used if you don't have any service on your phone?

Yes, still works with no service. It's just like the camcorder feature being internal. The videos are saved and you can upload them to their upload server right from the phone too when you do get in service that is. There's all sorts of settings that you'll want to go through but one thing I like is the GPS coordinates and vehicle speed that is also recorded and shown on playback. The screen looks just like on that first page in the link.

Something like what Harryball posted may be better depending on the memory that those have. I don't have any experience with those. And there may be a setting that I haven't tried too hard to find but it will record your video in 30 sec. clips. (yes clips, not magazines) I think you can set them for different times like up to a min / clip but I can't remember.
    Burns likes this.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

If you want to double your investment you can give this a try but it requires you reset every 4.75 hrs of record time. I quite enjoy it.

New Toy Doubles as Excellent Dash Cam

ETA: Since I posted the original GoPro has released their Wi-Fi back pack. You can control up to 50 cameras, watch and stream live. SO where ever you have smart phone you can stream. So one option could be to stream the dash video bag to larger storage... testing would be required.

http://gopro.com/hd-hero-accessories...-remote-combo/
    rolyat63
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor

A gun in the hand is a million times more valuable than a cop on the phone!

FL Concealed Weapon or Firearm Program

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I envision thousands of new photo's for the 'People of Wal-Mart' site in our future.

Michael
    Burns likes this.

Links