My nerves are a bit frayed, my faith in mankind is a bit frayed, and my patience is frayed. If I have appeared to be short on understanding and long on attitude around here, my apologies.
The fire danger in Colorado is high. Very high. Extraordinarily high. We have major and minor fires all over the state, with thousands of responders putting their lives on the line every day in unbelievably dangerous and difficult conditions. So, pray tell, what is my problem?
I have been in a Fire Pre-Evacuation Notice area since Sunday. Yep, I refined my BO checklist too. Good practice. I am still in a lousy mood. Sleeping at night and smelling a forest fire makes it hard to sleep. I am just like a toddler. No sleep equals cranky baby. So....let us review some recent causes:
- Campfires inadequately extinguished by campers;
- Campfires not extinguished by campers,
- Cigarette smokers flipping cigarettes out of car windows,
- Shooters shooting at propane bottles (the cause of the Springer fire), and, this one beats the band.........
- Fires intentionally started by arsonist(s)!!!
Are we doomed as a society? I am cynical beyond belief right now. We have friends that lost almost everything in the Highpark Fire (started by a lightening strike), so I shouldn't pout. Sorry for venting.............
I conclude we are doomed, but for a few of us normal folks that hoard guns, ammo and food