'CCW' Bugs Me! - Page 3

'CCW' Bugs Me!

This is a discussion on 'CCW' Bugs Me! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Spirit51 I agree. A male sheepdog is a Sire....a female sheepdog is a B___h. Anyone who calls me that usually gets a ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: 'CCW' Bugs Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    I agree. A male sheepdog is a Sire....a female sheepdog is a B___h. Anyone who calls me that usually gets a . But I let it go here.
    I hear ya. I called my wife a b--ch once and after I got up off the floor I said, "But honey, a b--ch is a female dog and you know how much I love dogs!"
    Spirit51 likes this.

"Excuse me sir. Seeing as how the VP is such a VIP, shouldn't we keep the PC on the QT, because if it leaks to the VC, you could end up an MIA, and then we'd all be put on KP." ~Robin Williams in Good Morning, Vietnam
    bigmacque likes this.
    "They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?" ~ Paul Harvey

And what's for lunch? KFC chicken.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

no one has ever said anything to me in conversation other than along the lines of "what do you carry". I'm in KY and I've certainly never had anyone ask "what do you CCDW?".
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    I hate all the Military acronyms you need to carry a DOD dictionary

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    Like ATM Machine.
    Or hot water heater. If the water's hot, why heat it?

a couple that bug me are "orginal copies" and etcetera and etcetera
    I am a hard-working self-employed conservative Christian white male gun owner. How else can I tick you off today?

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    Similarly, my wife hates "chai tea." Chai means tea. So effectively people are saying "I'll take a tea tea please."

In Oklahoma ours is a CWL or concealed weapon license. But it only applies to handguns, so why not just say CHL? Of course that's going to have to change as well when open carry goes open season in November.
    The whole tea tea thing is a head shaker for me too.Especially when you witness the so called high class or educated saying it.
    The easy way is always mined.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    And what's for lunch? KFC chicken.
    As annoying as that one sounds, it is actually correct. KFC is the brand, chicken is what is for dinner. It would be like saying I am going to eat Tyson Chicken or KFC Coleslaw.

The grammar police
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I am alright with being picky on grammar... Wish more people were.

I have more!

It's not a bumber, it's a bumper.

Using its and it's incorrectly.

"On my person", while being proper, just sounds stupid to me.

I will also not be ashamed to be the guy that corrects the word clip when used to describe a magazine, get used to it.

:what:

as long as we're venting about stuff that's not worth getting worked up about and yet still makes us cringe, I've got a few;

-calling your LCP an "ElsiePea" or humanizing any firearm with cuteness.

-calling a gun a "piece" unless you happen to be Dick Tracy.

-qualifying something's worth within the geographic confines of Earth. "best truck on the planet". (I figured the planet we're on by myself, thanks)

-the "goes bang" illustration of firearm reliability. I'm not 5 and I know what a reliable gun sounds like.

-when someone ends their opinion with an all caps PERIOD. as if that adds credibility to their statement and sets it above all others. "oh he must be right, he spelled period"

-the designated hitter

-circus folk
    DMan likes this.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    The PERIOD one cracked me up!

PERIOD!

ATM here in Wisconsin is also known as a "Tyme Machine". Once in Ill I did not know they do not have that brand of ATM.....asked a person in a store, if there is a Tyme machine for some cash..... needless to say the look I received indicated that I was nuts. Funny thing is I did not catch the error well until I left the store.

How about preceding a statement with FACT:... or ending with ... and that's a fact
    Know someone who says "permit to conceal to carry..."
    You don't understand .... (usually said by someone who really doesn't understand)
    People who yell b/c they're losing a discussion as if the louder they are, the righter they are (fess up, who just experienced a facial tick)

Thunder71, I suggest you stay away from the Gulf Coast and the New England states

How about Archie Bunker: Case Closed

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    The last time someone asked for my "social" they outdid themselves by pronouncing it "socia" and I wound up writing a letter to their boss about proper communication and the benefits of keeping jargon in its proper place. After I calmed down enough I realized it probably would do no good anyway so I didn't send it. It's all ready for the next time though!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links