Video shows kids bullying school bus monitor

This is a discussion on Video shows kids bullying school bus monitor within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A video of New York schoolboys taunting a 68-year-old school bus monitor has gone viral, watched more than 1.65 million times since it was posted ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By mr.stuart
  • 1 Post By Inspector71
  • 1 Post By hogdoc357
  • 2 Post By Spirit51
  • 1 Post By Burns
  • 2 Post By IronMike

Thread: Video shows kids bullying school bus monitor

A video of New York schoolboys taunting a 68-year-old school bus monitor has gone viral, watched more than 1.65 million times since it was posted online Tuesday. It's led many people to decry a new low in an increasingly coarse culture and to ask: What's wrong with our children?
    What is wrong with kids today, where have we failed that is could happen and go uncorrected while it does. Is this the future of society as we know it? When I was young this would have never went on without the bus being stopped and kids thrown off

Video of boys bullying a school bus monitor draws national reaction - latimes.com

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I figure we have at least three generations of these kids.They respect only themselves. The world owes them everything,mom and dad view them as little gods. Oh, they did not earn self esteem and confidence because their parents told them how wonderful they are. They want a great job in the air conditioning,no manual labor,it is beneath them.God forbid mom and dad 'break' their little spirits. Weak parents=weak children.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    If there are no consequences for bad behavior, then noone cares about bad behavior.
    beararms likes this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

On the bright side: Someone started a web site to show support for this lady. As of a few minutes ago according to Fox News the site had raised over a half million dollars for her. I guess she will be able to retire now.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    I figure we have at least three generations of these kids.They respect only themselves. The world owes them everything,mom and dad view them as little gods. Oh, they did not earn self esteem and confidence because their parents told them how wonderful they are. They want a great job in the air conditioning,no manual labor,it is beneath them.God forbid mom and dad 'break' their little spirits. Weak parents=weak children.
    This all started with the young group of the 60s and 70s, of which I am a member. Then their kids and perhaps grandkids. With each generation it gets more selfish and less moral. The "ME" generation has spawned monsters, and on top of that, the liberals' kids and those kids who have grown up on welfare and think everyone owes them something and should take care of them from cradle to grave.
    beararms likes this.
    Byron
    "HogDoc"

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sigs View Post
    On the bright side: Someone started a web site to show support for this lady. As of a few minutes ago according to Fox News the site had raised over a half million dollars for her. I guess she will be able to retire now.
    Here's the official page. That's a lot of moolah:

Lets Give Karen -The bus monitor- H Klein A Vacation! -- Indiegogo
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I saw this on the local news last night. The anchor lady remarked about how kids are evil these days. She aint got no clue.
    By the way.....I heard there were around $200k in donations for the bus lady. Maybe that has doubled since the newscast about the incident.

Top notch, top down parenting, huh?

Hubby and I saw this last night. He said, "If I had done that, my father would have beat my butt all the way to the woman's front door. I would have begged for her forgiveness or been begging for my life from my father."

I would never have thought of doing this to anyone, no matter how many kids were doing it. I would have been crying along with this nice lady, then gone after the heartless creeps who did this.

What is wrong with parents to raise this kind of little monsters. Two of them gave half hearted apologies, the other two have said nothing. I am glad I know kids who find this as horrible as I do....or I would fear for our future.
    babarock and beararms like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Remember the saying, Boys will be boys. Well. Now its time for them to face the music.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

These are the raised on video games,virtual this virtual that, texting to communicate generation. They are disconnected and don't see people as people . Everything is a video game. All these electronic gadgets have unsocialized the whole generation. Morally bankrupt dead inside bunch of losers and their parents aren't much better.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RayBar View Post
    These are the raised on video games,virtual this virtual that, texting to communicate generation. They are disconnected and don't see people as people . Everything is a video game. All these electronic gadgets have unsocialized the whole generation. Morally bankrupt dead inside bunch of losers and their parents aren't much better.
    It's called desensitization.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Thousands of kids get bullied every day and get ignored. A bus monitor gets "bullied" and gets half a million dollars? I just hope she uses it for a good cause and helps the kids in schools who are truly bullied. What happened to her wasn't right, but it's especially cruel when it happens to the kids who are FORCED to go to school every day and that cannot stick up for themselves.

It is pretty ironic how they try to make fun of her for being poor, and now she is going to have more than all of them ever will :)
    beararms likes this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

60 seconds with those kids,I'll have them sensitive.
    barstoolguru and babarock like this.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Some thoughts:

The dollar amount is now $589,398 with 28 days to go. I hope she enjoys every penny and never has to put up with these little you know whats.

As I watched, I could see the face of my late mother. It broke my heart to view this conduct and it made me angry that these little you know whats would do this. As bad, no remorse and real apologies and the one father didn't sound much better.

I know a couple of DIs that would love to have these youths for a few weeks. Now that would be reality TV worth watching.

Finally, I'm pretty sure that had my daughter been on the bus, these knuckleheads would have been crying for mommy and she would have been suspended. She has been raised better and tolerates fools poorly. Thank God for home schooling.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

Links