Easy answer--Eexcept to the anti gun folks

This is a discussion on Easy answer--Eexcept to the anti gun folks within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Harryball A kimber really. What would happen would be this. You pull it out, it JAMS and everyone dies..... Dang! You beat ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Easy answer--Eexcept to the anti gun folks

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    A kimber really. What would happen would be this. You pull it out, it JAMS and everyone dies.....
    Dang! You beat me to it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

2. Remove Ads

The BG family will be on the news saying how he was turning his life around and was thinking of starting college next semester. When he was 5 years old he wanted to be a fire fighter.
    Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway.

John Wayne

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    Why can't you just shoot him in the knee?
    Or better yet, shot the knife out of his hand.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I am old, can't remember what I had for breakfast or even if I had breakfast, but there is no doubt in my mind that if a person attempted an attack with a knife I would remember that I was armed and the incident would end poorly for the BG.
    GunGeezer likes this.

Wait a minute. The guy is coming at us with a knife? I can't shoot him. Everybody knows you can only shoot someone that has a gun pointed at you. Knives aren't deadly enough to warrant that kind of force.

Nick62 and BurgerBoy like this.
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

I do the pre-screening before hand just in case it ever does happen

Those are legitimate concerns that everyone should consider be resorting to violence. He may only be kidding around,or you may have stumbled into a movie set. Maybe he's trying to defend himself because he sees your gun and is frightened. It could all be your fault, and if you lose your family and your life,well it serves you right. Or maybe he's a scum bag and you need to send him to the devil.

Let's have a race...

Let the 'anti' read the list while I defend myself and family...I bet I win every time.
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Adameeski View Post
    Wait a minute. The guy is coming at us with a knife? I can't shoot him. Everybody knows you can only shoot someone that has a gun pointed at you. Knives aren't deadly enough to warrant that kind of force.

This is true, you should only respond with equivalent force, i.e., a knife of equivalent size and sharpness. Besides, discharging a firearm will only contribute to global warming.

I did not finish college in the 70s due to a knee injury knocking me out of the Marine aviation program, went back and finished in the middle 2000s.

One class we had to read a short story by a black guy that in part he talked of "playing a game" he called Scatter the Chickens where he would hide in the shadows at night and wait for a white couple to come down the street; then he would charge straight at them and make them "scatter" as he charged between them.

The prof asked the class what they thought about it; nobody volunteered so she made the mistake of calling on the old guy in the class; I said....

"Make no mistake about it, it doesn't matter, black, white, brown, yellow or pink with purple pota-dots; someone charges at the wife and I from hiding I will introduce them to mister 45 automatic; and a tenth of a second later if they have not changed direction I will introduce them to God"!

The look on her face and half the class was priceless!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links