ScenarioYou are walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly a criminal with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges at your family.
You are carrying a Kimber 1911 cal. 45 ACP, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.
What would you do??
The following is what anti gun folks have to say you need to ask yourself before doing anything:
• Does the man look poor or oppressed?
• Is he really a criminal? Am I guilty of profiling?
• Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
• Could we run away?
• What does my wife think?
• What about the kids?
• Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
• What does the law say about this situation?
• Does the pistol have appropriate safety built into it?
• Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
• If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
• Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
• Should I call 9-1-1?
• I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus.
• Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?