Easy answer--Eexcept to the anti gun folks

This is a discussion on Easy answer--Eexcept to the anti gun folks within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Scenario You are walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly a criminal with a huge knife comes around the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Easy answer--Eexcept to the anti gun folks

Easy answer--Eexcept to the anti gun folks

Scenario
    You are walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly a criminal with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges at your family.

You are carrying a Kimber 1911 cal. 45 ACP, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.

What would you do??

The following is what anti gun folks have to say you need to ask yourself before doing anything:
    Does the man look poor or oppressed?
    Is he really a criminal? Am I guilty of profiling?
    Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
    Could we run away?
    What does my wife think?
    What about the kids?
    Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
    What does the law say about this situation?
    Does the pistol have appropriate safety built into it?
    Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
    If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
    Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
    Should I call 9-1-1?
    I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus.
    Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
    BurgerBoy, nerdyvirgin and Badey like this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

Double tap...then head before he gets within 15 feet. Proly would be saying" stop or I'll shoot" while presenting the double tap. With the description of the scenerio as explained this will hold up fine in the trial, with my explanation posted here on line for the world to see.
    All men are equal...CC makes us equal-er.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Scenario
    You are walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly a criminal with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges at your family.

You are carrying a Kimber 1911 cal. 45 ACP, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family.

What would you do??

The following is what anti gun folks have to say you need to ask yourself before doing anything:
    • Does the man look poor or oppressed?
    • Is he really a criminal? Am I guilty of profiling?
    • Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
    • Could we run away?
    • What does my wife think?
    • What about the kids?
    • Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
    • What does the law say about this situation?
    • Does the pistol have appropriate safety built into it?
    • Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
    • If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
    • Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
    • Should I call 9-1-1?
    • I need to debate this with some friends for a few days and try to come to a consensus.
    • Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
    I will consider all of those options taking about .0002 seconds, then draw and fire until the threat is stopped.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Why can't you just shoot him in the knee?
    noway2 likes this.
    Stop whining and go make a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    He's really a good ole boy who's just turning his life around and wouldn't hurt a fly
    Crescentstar and BurgerBoy like this.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Quote Originally Posted by AZJD1968 View Post
    Why can't you just shoot him in the knee?
    Maybe with that Super Redhawk!!. Me...sticking with my plan.
    AZJD1968 likes this.
    All men are equal...CC makes us equal-er.

From the way you described the confrontation, I would assume that getting caught off guard with a guy coming around the corner means that he is coming and with "mere seconds" before reaching me and my family. That would mean I'm screwed and would probably have to go hand to hand with the guy before drawing and firing. This is probably the last type defensive situation I would want to be in.

Situations like that reinforce the idea that some form of hand to hand training would be a good thing. Knives, especially when the BG is within range to use them scare me more than guns.

With regard to the Anti Checklist for Self Defense you had, LOL. The only one that comes close to something I would do is the "should I call 911". And I only say close because I will be calling 911 after the threat is gone.

I'm glad it's an easy answer for you.

Without knowing more there is no one answer. One key factor, how far away is this corner he comes around?
    noway2 likes this.

OK it appears some are taking this thread a tad too literal. It was posted as a bit of humor directed at the anti 2nd amendment folks...
    ericb327 likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

You forgot the rest of the joke:
    Conservative Answer:

BANG!

Texan's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!
    click... (sounds of reloading).

Wife: "Sweetheart, he looks like he's still moving, what do you kids think?"

Son: "Mom's right Dad, I saw it too..."

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click.

Daughter: "Nice group, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips

Actually, the Texas answer is:

Dad: BANG BANG BANG BANG!

Mom: BANG BANG BANG BANG!!

Kids: BANG BANG BANG BANG!!!

Passing neighbor: REMEMBER TO RELOAD!!!! REMEMBER TO RELOAD!!!!

Fortune Favors the Bold!

Whiny, delusional anti's answer:

"Think about the children!! They are too young and innocent to be exposed to violence (and by violence, I don't mean the knife wielding maniac's violence toward you and yours, I mean the violence of you defending yourself)."
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I will consider all of those options taking about .0002 seconds, then draw and fire until the threat is stopped.

^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^

That about covers it..

We'll let the Anti's break it down and analyze it a bit more, maybe breaak it down into subgroups, then all die as the knife wielder slashes the family to bits.

Me, I'll pop a cap in his butt, and go home at the end of the day with my family.

Oh, BTW, I don't carry a kimber.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

A kimber really. What would happen would be this. You pull it out, it JAMS and everyone dies.....
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    No time to think at that point. Pray you did the right thing.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links