Chicken Salad sandwitch on a warm day.....

This is a discussion on Chicken Salad sandwitch on a warm day..... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ok Guys and Girls, when is warm out and you do not feel like cooking much. Here is my WORLD famous chicken salad.... Start with. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Chicken Salad sandwitch on a warm day.....

Ok Guys and Girls, when is warm out and you do not feel like cooking much. Here is my WORLD famous chicken salad....

Start with. Chicken breast, bone in. Marinade to your liking. I used Italian dressing, and some 5 spice along with salt and pepper...

Photo_06(1).jpg

Cook at 195 for about 3 hours. Cool for 2 hours in the frig, so you can peel the meat away from the bone...LEAVE THE SKIN ON. It makes it so good. Next, fresh celery and onion, with fresh cracked peppercorn and sea salt. Then stir in mayo. Half miracle whip half real mayo. Stir together. Dont tell the wife, but I put in Louisiana hot sauce to....

Photo_06(2).jpg

Serve on Italian bread with fresh tomato and pepper jack cheese and you have the perfect summer day meal......
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    That looks awesome.

We're frying catfish & squash this evening, but I'll give that one a whirl later on.

I love catfish. Are you going to blacken it, or deep fry it?

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Deep fried (I do it outside, so there's no mess to clean up). Half will be dipped in beer batter (House of Autry seafood seasoning & Corona), and the rest will be dusted in flour and various seasonings..

The real treat though is the fried squash; sliced thin, & rolled in corn meal/salt & pepper, then deep fried until crispy on the edges. I bet many folks up north haven't had this southern delicacy?
    hinkleid likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Deep fried (I do it outside, so there's no mess to clean up). Half will be dipped in beer batter (House of Autry seafood seasoning & Corona), and the rest will be dusted in flour and various seasonings..

The real treat though is the fried squash; sliced thin, & rolled in corn meal/salt & pepper, then deep fried until crispy on the edges. I bet many folks up north haven't had this southern delicacy?
    I have had squash like that before. I have a friend up here thats from bama and his is very close to yours. I do not like squash, but its different done that way....

Hubby makes a mean Mustard fried Catfish. Instead of dipping it in beer or milk before breading....dredge it in yellow mustard (might need to thin it a touch with milk...but not much). Put in mixture of cornmeal and flour then fry to a golden brown. Very tasty.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post

My wife^^^^^^^^^^^

Does this with fresh zuchinni.OMG, best thing ever.
    She made it up north at my mom and dads several years back, and we knew my kids would like it, but nobody thought the 6 other G kids would. well , 4 of them ate the daylights out of it.

Well, gotta go eat, all this chit chats makin' me hungry!
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Chicken Salad looks good and sounds good. Catfish on the other hand, you can't get me to eat that stuff even if you did put a gun to my head. A gun to the head would be faster and more humane than making me eat catfish.
    Xader, Harryball and swiftyjuan like this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Them Yankees don't know how good fried orka is either.
    phreddy and Spirit51 like this.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy View Post
    Fried okra is good, same with fried dill pickles, fried green beans, fried banana peppers!
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Come on BB, we do get it..Hell, we even put it in our bean soup. Ill tell you this. If it slows down long enough for me to get a fork in it, ill eat it....

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    When I was in the army in the 60's we would be talking about what food we missed that we ate at home and when I would say - fried orka - a lot of the guys from the north would tell me they had never heard of it and what was it.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Let's face it...anything fried is good. I accidentally bit into a Tareyton cigarette butt that had accidentally dropped into the deep fryer and made it's way into my french fries.. Sounds awful but to honest it tasted pretty good. The fiber glass filter finally got to me.

To be honest...I think I could eat a bowl of deep fried paper and enjoy it's crispy texture. Kick it up a notch with some jalapeno dip and I'm good to go.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

I like pickled okra and watermelon pickles....
    BurgerBoy likes this.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    A long time ago we took one of my sister's yankee friends with us to a meat and three joint for lunch. She asked, "What is fried orka (spelling intentional)!" She thought they were frying up whale not okra. Several of us had sweet tea coming through our noses.

My kids can eat their weight in fried okra. My wife started frying up the little pieces from the neck of a crook neck yellow squash to get the to eat it. It all goes on one plate (the little squash and okra). Adults get the big pieces.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links