Favorite old terror movie?

This is a discussion on Favorite old terror movie? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I don't really like 'terror' movies. That said, I loved Jaws when I first saw it, and have loved it every time I've nostalgically watched ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Favorite old terror movie?

I don't really like 'terror' movies. That said, I loved Jaws when I first saw it, and have loved it every time I've nostalgically watched it. Seven horrified me much more than most people, the drug dealer who was tortured for a year got to me. I couldn't even imagine how awful that would be .... "All he has to look forward now is Hell" ... shudder. Made me realise how bad Hell could be

I think I would have liked Alien, but I saw Aliens first and so the slow pace of Alien kinda bored me.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

2. Remove Ads

I grew up in a small town with 1 school grade 1-8. We had a Halloween Carnival every year and one of the treats was a "Horror Movie". This was back in the 60's and I remember one year, guess I was in the 7th, the movie was called "The Bat". That has to be one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. Don't remember much about it but I guess it was my first Vincent Price film. There are others I just plain hate...spider movies for one but there was Arachnophobia. Snake movies are usually really stupid. I guess Alien was pretty good too.
    Richard, SFC US Army (Ret)

“Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?
    Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” ― Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Something Wicked this way comes was scary when I was a kid.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    The original "13 Ghosts" was pretty scary when I saw it for the first time.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

When I was real young, I saw my first horror movie - "The Blob. (1958)" It was about a jelly blob that escaped a lab and oozed around eating people. It was scarey to me at the time.

The Exorcist and Poltergist are classics. I liked the Nightmare on Elm Street series too.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links