Colorado fire near Pikes Peak forces 11,000 from homes

This is a discussion on Colorado fire near Pikes Peak forces 11,000 from homes within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Hope all you members in Co. are safe http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-fire-...014551591.html Rock and Glock????? Arizona had a lot of fires as well. Hope you are all safe...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rock and Glock

Thread: Colorado fire near Pikes Peak forces 11,000 from homes

VIP Member

Hope all you members in Co. are safe

http://news.yahoo.com/colorado-fire-...014551591.html

Rock and Glock?????

Arizona had a lot of fires as well. Hope you are all safe
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I am 30 or so miles west, so this one is not a risk (yet). It does, however, have some very dangerous attributes. We are all on edge out here due to fire danger. The Fire Suppression C-130's at Peterson have been called in finally and begin today, on both the Highpark Fire and Waldo Canyon.

May all of the responders be careful and safe!
    oneshot likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Elk Hunter's Avatar
    I can see the smoke from my office which is just off Peterson AFB, praying for the fire fighters.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I see the smoke obscuring the mountains on my way in to work in the morning. Glad I don't live near the fires but I hope they can be controlled soon.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

I'm just South of Denver, and we've been able to smell the smoke off and on for weeks now, depending on which direction the wind is blowing. Every time I turn on the news the last few days though, they're talking about yet another fire. It's getting pretty scary.

I was in Denver and Estes Park last week. Man, there were fires all over the state. Reminds me of Texas last year! Hope all of you Colorado 2A'ers stay safe.
    "To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society" - Theodore Roosevelt

USAF 1986 - 1995
    Glock 23 2008 - Present

Last week there were over 20 instances of arson in Teller County, including one attempt in Waldo Canyon. The Waldo Canyon Fire then started Sunday, cause unknown, although arson is suspected. Late morning today five more were ingnited in west Teller County.

The LEO's are saturating the back roads with spotters, volunteers and the like. Spotters are writing down all vehicle license plate numbers that pass, and a few vehicle descriptions are available for arson suspects. Personally, I think it is time for some Satellite action (yes, Schreiber AFB is real close) with some drones, 'cept that would cause a fire.

Nerves are frayed real thin up here, but all safe so far. Let us hope it stays that way, and the responders are safe.

It is also the 10th Anniversary of the Hayman Fire, which brings back memories for many.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hayman_Fire

Hayman Fire 2002:

May all of the responders stay safe!

Know a few folks around Colo Sprgs that are concerned. And, one old friend who's @ Ft Collins. Hope everyone is OK.

And the EPA complains because we burn fields in the Spring..... to refresh the prairie grass / pastures and avoid wild prairie fires. If people don't manage it, mother nature will do it herself.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links