Campers be prepared

Campers be prepared

This is a discussion on Campers be prepared within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 3 bear attacks in the past month near Payson, AZ. Everyone out there be safe and be prepared! Bear attacks Tempe man near Payson Bear ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By DontTreadOnI
  • 1 Post By SIXTO
  • 2 Post By Rock and Glock

Thread: Campers be prepared

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    On face value, I see things a little different;

A) he has had trouble in the past for recording the police. Baiting? Looking for a payday?
    B) has been charged and acquitted of manslaughter because his pit bull decided to eat his 7 year old son. OK.. so he was acquitted... but it still says something about his character.
    C) Despite what the media and pop culture would have you believe, the police just dont go around beating people willy nilly. Yes, some tactics can be quick and at times "brutal" but you don't go poking bears with sticks either.
    This is actually solid advice when it's about bears.
    mprp likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Senior Member Array Inspector71's Avatar
    I've noticed more bear activity on my trail cams this year than in the past and don't know why this is. So far they haven't bothered anything I know of, but I stay alert when I'm out checking around. I've also picked up a couple shots of Bobcats, usually just before dawn and one of those suckers is huge. I hope the hikers who pass through near this area don't let their guard down.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. Because it's in English, thank a vet

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    This is actually solid advice when it's about bears.
    I dont recommend poking anything that can maim or kill you with a stick. It remains solid advice all around.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I dont recommend poking anything that can maim or kill you with a stick. It remains solid advice all around.
    I appreciate you taking that post in jest, as it was meant. I wasn't too sure if I was poking a bear or not.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    I appreciate you taking that post in jest, as it was meant. I wasn't too sure if I was poking a bear or not.

^^^^^^^^^
    He's a big, warm, fuzzy, cuddly type though!!!!

in all my years in the woods, @ night or during the day, I've not seen a bear at our stompin' grounds in Gladwin County, but they have been there for at least 35 years, maybe longer.

None here by the house in St. Clair Co. tho', as far as I know.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

We have a constant bear problem here spreading my trash all over heck. Came out one night and a small one was doing a circus act in my driveway with our trash can. I started off cussing him out but it was so hilarious I just had to laugh. He was rolling my can to pop the lid, only with it in his gut. Was gonna fire off a shot to send him packing but I got a weird neighbor who gets his panties in a twist anytime he hears a gunshot.We shoot chipmunks w/.22 God...anyway...Try filling a balloon with ammonia , smear with peanut butter and tack up near camp trash. He'll get a snoot full or in his mouth when chew toy is broken and leave...in theory...
    RIP Jeff Cooper

Droughts upset the bears' feeding cycles and routines, with the result that more bear/human interface events occur. The longer the drought, the worse it is, and the closer to fall, the worse it is. Conclusion: Be darn careful. Hungry bears are grumpy bears.
    atctimmy and wmhawth like this.

Time for 10mils :), 357 mag and 44mag sales to go up
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Bear attacks? We need Dwight!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

This has to be a direct reaction to our economy. :D
    No really I was upset to see that the bear season is closed in my zone this year. Guess they will keep terrorizing my feeders with no punishment.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

VIP Member
    With so many bears out of work these days it's no wonder. Maybe if we had more bear unemployment monies available this wouldn't happen.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Links