Rx Required for Sunscreen at School = Fried Kids :-|

This is a discussion on Rx Required for Sunscreen at School = Fried Kids :-| within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It is not just guns that the libs make stupid decisions about - check this out. Talk about stupid rules. WA is justifying its rule ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lordofwyr

Thread: Rx Required for Sunscreen at School = Fried Kids :-|

VIP Member

Rx Required for Sunscreen at School = Fried Kids :-|

It is not just guns that the libs make stupid decisions about - check this out. Talk about stupid rules. WA is justifying its rule by saying it must be OK, because CA does it...

Girls badly sunburned when school requires doctor's note for sunscreen | Fox News
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Going to prove once again, we are a nation of idiots!

FDA regulates sunscreen so it must be a drug!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Sadly, it seems that way too many schools are run by people promoted to well above their level of incompetence. Obviously no one with common sense running that particular freak show of an educational institution.
    l1a1 likes this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

VIP Member
    I started school in the late 1950's, finished college in the 70's. Never heard of or needed any stinkin' sunscreen at school. However when we were out of school during the summer, we were outside most of the time. I can only remember getting a sunburn at the beach or on a lake fishing/skiing. That was rare to get burned.

I do feel sorry for those fair-skinned folks, ya'll need all the help you can get.

Speaking of heat, how about A/C? I don't think we had A/C in school until I was in high school, it seems like some/most classes had a window unit. I know in elementary I well remember the oscillating fan sitting on the teachers desk moving back and forth across the students waiting their turn for a little breeze. I don't remember being hot, though I bet the nicely dressed teachers were hot though.

Do school buses have A/C these days?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I do think it's stupid that a dr note is required for sunscreen, but it's nothing new. The kids in the news story didn't even have sunscreen applied at home because it was a cloudy day. With kids that fair and at that age, mom must have encountered the sunscreen rule before - I do think it's a ridiculous rule but mom needs to take some responsibility IMO.

Ppkheat - Where I live in FL, not all buses have a/c - the newer ones do. I always thought it dumb my younger kids have a 25 min bus ride and their bus has a/c ... My oldest had an hour and a half these last couple years, his bus - no a/c. Poor planning on the part of transportation.

Common sense out. Lunacy in
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Links