Wildfires, who is being affected?

This is a discussion on Wildfires, who is being affected? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have to stop and wonder if we have any members that are being affected by the wildfires. Yesterday we had one start fairly close ...

Thread: Wildfires, who is being affected?

I have to stop and wonder if we have any members that are being affected by the wildfires. Yesterday we had one start fairly close to us, it is now less than 5 miles away, but thankfully the risk to us is exremetly small, if we burn the whole city is going to burn.

Our fire is HERE, I would love to see others post links to information about fires close to them.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    The fires aren't anywhere near my home but there's now one burning near where I work. The smoke isn't pleasant, though.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

photo.jpg
    Here's a picture of the smoke from outside the back door at my office.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    photo.jpg
    Here's a picture of the smoke from outside the back door at my office.
    I see Jesus, Elvis, Tupac, and Jim Morrison.

But seriously, stay safe out there dude.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Here are two from yesterday, it has more than trippled in size since I took these.

Fire1.jpg

Fire4.jpg
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

Ya'll be safe.

I am 25 miles west of the Waldo Canyon Fire, we had seven fires right in my neighborhood (started by an arsonist) yesterday, close to the Springer Fire last week, and we just had a spate of dry lighting.

Thank you to all responders! Be safe!
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; June 26th, 2012 at 11:28 PM.

I'm about 12 miles SSE of the big fire west of Fort Collins, Colorado. I saw the lightning storm that started the fire. I have been looking at the immense smoke plume since the fire started. The worst I am getting is a little smoke some days. Many people just a few miles north of me have horrendous smoke.

Be safe ya'll.

Hope you're OK, GADawg!

I can see the Waldo Canyon fire from my horse pasture, and the air is thick with ash and smoke. Horses are hunkered down, dogs, cats and people inside. Already have evacuee here and possible more to come. We're about 10 miles east and a few north, in El Paso County. There is a Facebook page for the Waldo Canyon fire, and you can view it from the top of Pikes Peak here. Sadly, it shows up fine in the dark.

Everyone pray for rain!

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Hope you're OK, GADawg!
    Thank you! I'm fine where I am, but there are thousands of houses near the fires that are destroyed or have been evacuated. Apparently last night one of the bigger fires really took off. I'm praying this can be brought under control before more people have their lives and/or possessions destroyed.

Pre-evac just ordered for Larkspur, so pack your kit and your vehicles, round up the kids and the pets. Be safe! ALL USAFA housing has been evac'd, and the Waldo Canyon fire is still on the move. Wind and tinder dry land and vegetation are the enemy now. Some idiot was shooting off fireworks. Unbelieveable. <sigh>

Woodland Park evacuating as I type.

FIREWORKS? Really? Death to the infidel! <Unallowed words at top of voice><Drill Sargent embarrassed>

Each night I watch the coverage on NBC nightly news. My wife and I extend our thoughts and prayers to all involved.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and 1946 Remington 12 gauge.

Links