My Brother got ran over by a pickup today, managed to come out with just a consussion

This is a discussion on My Brother got ran over by a pickup today, managed to come out with just a consussion within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My little brother got ran over by a full-sized pick up today, literally knocked him out of his shoes. Lady was pulling out of a ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By goldshellback
  • 3 Post By SIXTO

Thread: My Brother got ran over by a pickup today, managed to come out with just a consussion

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar

Thumbs down My Brother got ran over by a pickup today, managed to come out with just a consussion

My little brother got ran over by a full-sized pick up today, literally knocked him out of his shoes. Lady was pulling out of a playground (!) ran the stopsign and right over my brother. He remembers seeing the truck and basically thinking "oh crap I'm getting hit" then waking up LITERALLY under the truck/engine. Since its hot out he was in shorts/tshirt so hes got "road rash" all over his arms and whatnot, and his shoulder is really sore. Got x-rayed and everything, no breaks. But he is really dizzy, doctors say he has a concussion.

It gets better,...

A cop WITNESSED the whole thing and didn't even write her a ticket . Let me get this straight, a lady RUNS a stop sign in a college town (JMU in Harrisonburg,Va. Kids walking around all the time, all over the place, VERY heavy traffic.) and hits a pedestrian. At the scene he didn't press charges, but he barely remembers anything from the scene or talking to the lady or anything. He has since called the LEO back and is pressing charges. Heres the thing though: According to the LEO, if he hadn't decided to press charges the lady wouldn't have even got a ticket!?!?!?!? Unless I'm misunderstanding something, this is wrong on so many levels. Apparently people can hit teenagers with trucks and its "ok" in the eyes of the law ?

How did he announce he was ran over? A facebook post. No joke. "I just got ran over by a truck, apparently stop-signs don't mean anything to people around here, haha."

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

2. Remove Ads

If he 'likes' his own FB status then admit him for observation.........

Glad he's none the worse for wear...... could've been MUCH worse
    I'd like to know what the reasoning behind not citing the lady for not stopping, or failure to yield....???
    Spade115 likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goldshellback View Post
    If he 'likes' his own FB status then admit him for observation.........

Glad he's none the worse for wear...... could've been MUCH worse
    I'd like to know what the reasoning behind not citing the lady for not stopping, or failure to yield....???

Exactly. It blows my mind the same law enforcement agencies that will spend an hour or more citing every illegal modification in the book for a lowered car/lifted truck can't even so much as a "failure to yield" after watching a kid get HIT ? Mind=blown.

EDIT: Ha no he didn't 'like' his own status, but a bunch of people did 'like' it. Never understood that. I've seen posts like "my mom died, I'm heartbroken" and there will be three jerks that 'like' the post?!

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Your story is somewhat confusing... or I'm just daft. Did the LEO admit seeing her run the stop sign or did he merely see the truck strike your brother? He could have heard tires squealing in time to see the woman in the truck strike your brother without actually seeing her run the stop sign. If that's the case, he did not witness the entire event.

If, on the other hand, the officer did in fact see her run the stop sign, he most definitely should have cited her for the accident. Especially since it was an injury accident.

Who called who back and is pressing charges against whom? Did your brother call the police back and ascertain why a citation wasn't issued or what?

By the way... I'm very glad your brother is no worse for the wear. It could have been a lot worse. Glad he's okay!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Administrator
    Its actually fairly common for that to happen the way it did (LEO not writing a ticket immediately) Here is why; Since it was a serious auto accident, it probably is going to be looked into and documented precisely with a little more than eye witness accounts. That would involve specialized traffic guys who come in and take measurements etc and come up with exact scientific evidence as to what happened. The car might be checked for mechanical defects, maybe the driver was sent for blood screening.. That might take a day or two. When something like this happens, it pays to make sure the I's are dotted and T's are crossed before charges are slung.

But, you did say she was pulling out of a playground... So she was entering the roadway from a lot? Was the stop sign a legit stop sign or one of those cheesy feel good signs they put up in a parking lot that have no legal weight? Or was this an intersection? Where was your brother, sidewalk, street or grass? There can be a ton of variables at play here
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I'm glad he's ok. Sounds like it could've been much worse.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    I'm glad he's ok. Sounds like it could've been much worse.
    +1.

good thing it wasn't a lower vehicle that could have crushed him
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Its actually fairly common for that to happen the way it did (LEO not writing a ticket immediately) Here is why; Since it was a serious auto accident, it probably is going to be looked into and documented precisely with a little more than eye witness accounts. That would involve specialized traffic guys who come in and take measurements etc and come up with exact scientific evidence as to what happened. The car might be checked for mechanical defects, maybe the driver was sent for blood screening.. That might take a day or two. When something like this happens, it pays to make sure the I's are dotted and T's are crossed before charges are slung.

But, you did say she was pulling out of a playground... So she was entering the roadway from a lot? Was the stop sign a legit stop sign or one of those cheesy feel good signs they put up in a parking lot that have no legal weight? Or was this an intersection? Where was your brother, sidewalk, street or grass? There can be a ton of variables at play here
    I'm with SIXTO...draw us an MS Paint diagram
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Could actually be too soon to tell if he 100% ok. Sometimes long term injuries are subtle at first. Hope he gets back to 100%.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Links