Illegal seizure of a helmet cam? Police brutality? For you bikers out there,.... - Page 2

Illegal seizure of a helmet cam? Police brutality? For you bikers out there,....

This is a discussion on Illegal seizure of a helmet cam? Police brutality? For you bikers out there,.... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Sig35seven Before anyone comments they should watch the video from the Police cruiser. These bikers are a bunch of hooligan law breakers. ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Illegal seizure of a helmet cam? Police brutality? For you bikers out there,....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Before anyone comments they should watch the video from the Police cruiser.

These bikers are a bunch of hooligan law breakers. The hi-way was apparently closed the year prior due to the rampage they caused. They show a complete disrespect for the law and give other bikers a bad name. I do wonder why this guy was singled out to get pulled over. Guilty by association? Maybe. Perhaps there's more to the other side of the story.

If you hang with criminals don't be surprised if you get treated like one.
    News 8 asked to see Westbrook's dash cam video. We were told no video exists and therefore cannot be used in the internal affairs investigation that is now open.
    Except there is no dashcam video. It seems to have gone missing. Hmmmm, I wonder how that happened.

"And who will guard the guards?"
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Senior Moderator
    Not all agencys have dashcams. I just got one a few months ago. About half of the depts. in this county dont have them.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Not all agencys have dashcams. I just got one a few months ago. About half of the depts. in this county dont have them.
    Yes but you're in Arkansas. You guys just got flush toilets in the last few years too. : )
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Except there is no dashcam video. It seems to have gone missing. Hmmmm, I wonder how that happened.

"And who will guard the guards?"
    Timmy. Watch the video again and it links to another video from a different cop car. This is the reason for the stop.
    Sig35seven likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Yes but you're in Arkansas. You guys just got flush toilets in the last few years too. : )

Much as I hate to admit it...you're right. Thing is, I dont even use the two that I've got half the time...
    atctimmy likes this.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21bubba View Post
    Timmy. Watch the video again and it links to another video from a different cop car. This is the reason for the stop.
    I can't find the link. Can you post it please?

I think this is it.
    Bikers on Freeway (Memorial Day '12) : Dallas Sheriff's Dashcam Video - YouTube

Would if I could but don't know how. It's a pop up window in the video. I'm not saying it's a good reason, but it's the reason for this stop.

That's it. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    A serious question: To any of you LEOs out there, this officer took a biker to jail for license plate obstruction. Is that even remotely legal?

I understand that the officer was frustrated but what can happen to him now that he arrested this biker, verbally stating that the only reasoning was an obstructed license plate?
    Not a LEO but as I understand it the only two things an officer has to write a citation for are seat belt violation and open container. Everything else it its officers discretion as to if it is a citation or a custodial arrest.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    OK, I watched it. I didn't see the kid with the helmet cam anywhere in the video and I was looking for him. I hope the people in the truck got arrested.

I watched the dashcam video pretty closely and I cannot really identify the 1st video's motorcycle and rider. Can anyone tell me if the rider and bike in the 1st video is spotted in the second? I really couldn't make it out.

The dashcam video was full of people that should have been arrested but weren't. I feel for the officer and his level of frustration but feel like maybe he overstepped his authority with that rider. Never mind that the rider was being kind of a punk.

Hopefully there was enough dashcam evidence on the rider that was going the wrong direction on the highway, the rider that stopped and picked up the girl out of the truck and the rider that kept locking up his back brake when the police were trying to pull him over.
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Senior Moderator
    Watching that one certainly clears it up. Like always, there is always more to the story than what it posted. It is exactly the reason why posting video cams on the internet for comment very rarely give the whole story. When some of you pop off at the chops, about what seems to be and go on a rampage about this or that,it is important to remember that you are only seeing is only a limited amount of information.

I would have got him for a multitude of offenses.

Its is very likely that the arresting officer saw no actual crime being commited, but he was alerted to the fact by the officer that saw it. Thus, it was a perfectly legal stop. I can see several crimes here, reckless driving, obstruction of governmental operations, improper lane change, careless operation of a vehicle, just to name a few.

That video is gonna get his money. The video that they take off of his helmet cam is going to proof to be used against him.

Act the fool and you'll have plenty of time to think about it.
    Sig35seven and thephanatik like this.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Watching that one certainly clears it up. Like always, there is always more to the story than what it posted. It is exactly the reason why posting video cams on the internet for comment very rarely give the whole story. When some of you pop off at the chops, about what seems to be and go on a rampage about this or that,it is important to remember that you are only seeing is only a limited amount of information.

I would have got him for a multitude of offenses.

Its is very likely that the arresting officer saw no actual crime being commited, but he was alerted to the fact by the officer that saw it. Thus, it was a perfectly legal stop. I can see several crimes here, reckless driving, obstruction of governmental operations, improper lane change, careless operation of a vehicle, just to name a few.

That video is gonna get his money. The video that they take off of his helmet cam is going to proof to be used against him.

Act the fool and you'll have plenty of time to think about it.
    I'm still not sure he was part of the group. He'll either win or lose based on that video.

Senior Moderator
    I'll bet you a coke he gets smacked.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links