Anyone else feeling the heat?

This is a discussion on Anyone else feeling the heat? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Been in the high 90s for the last couple of days. I've seen forcasts as high as 109. Adameeski's post from Knoxville (where I grew ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Anyone else feeling the heat?

Been in the high 90s for the last couple of days. I've seen forcasts as high as 109.

Adameeski's post from Knoxville (where I grew up) reminded me that I should call my Aunt there and check on her. If you have older folks, check on them as these temp get this high.
    GCO Member
    NRA Member
    NRA RSO & Certified Basic Pistol Instructor

2. Remove Ads

It's been triple digits here for two weeks. The weather guy says we have about 25 more days of this.

It's absolutely awful here, its a blistering 73 degrees right now. It was 92 earlier today and we had a heat advisory.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

Been 100+ the last several days here in central Texas, thank God we are having a cold front move through tomorrow the high is only supposed to be 97.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

My daughter gave me a hanging basket of flowers for Mother's Day and now I have to go out once a day and put a watering can of water to it. I hope next year she gets me another cactus instead. Only other plant I have out in a container is my cactus King Richard. He looks like he is digging it.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

We've got heat alerts here in southwest Missouri through Saturday night. Been hot, dry, and temps at or over 100. We need rain. Lot of small towns are canceling their 4th of July fireworks due to the fire dangers.
    Spirit51 likes this.

104 here in OK today. I don't even want to think about July.

here ; been running 106-111*F most days...

we're supposed to have a cool front Saturday and it be down to 98*F, then will go back up by Monday.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Geobob View Post
    We've got heat alerts here in southwest Missouri through Saturday night. Been hot, dry, and temps at or over 100. We need rain. Lot of small towns are canceling their 4th of July fireworks due to the fire dangers.
    I hope they do here too. Very dry. Could be very dangerous.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

108 today here in Vegas...but that's about average for us this time of year.

www.getcorded.com

One town in our County has issued a "Conserve Water" order. First I can ever remember in our area.
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

It was 96 degrees yesterday, and its supposed to be 93 today. Haven't had any substantial rain for a few weeks.

Just a little reminder to everyone to drink a lot of fluids. I got severely dehydrated yesterday because I didn't drink enough fluids throughout the day while being active. Dehydration is nothing to mess with....
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Distinguished Member
    Feel kinda bad, left my home town of Chattanooga, Tn yesterday it was in the upper 90s. Just flew into ft. Myers Fla, Debbie has already passed through, highs only in the lower 90s, back in Tn its gonna be 106 - 110 for the next few days. Nothing like this amazing ocean breeze either.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Distinguished Member Array svgheartland's Avatar
    North Kakalacky is supposed to crack the all time record today at 106 in Raleigh. Up here in Granville County I'm usually 4-7 degrees cooler. Usually. The coming days are gonna be wretched. Well, I've got the supplies in to start loading 40's. Seems like a good time. I've got Dad's Dillon 550 that I've set up but not played with yet. I'd normally drift to the Hornady but it seems like a good time to play with the Dillon.

As we used to say.....be cool.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

It's the same here in Indianapolis, high heat and no rain. It's now the brown, brown grass of home and no relief in sight. It was over 100 yesterday and is supposed to be again today, then the upper 90's for the next week with lows in the upper 70's and no significant chance of rain in sight.
    Steve
    An armed society is a polite society

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links