Anyone else feeling the heat? - Page 4

Anyone else feeling the heat?

This is a discussion on Anyone else feeling the heat? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It was 106 here yesterday. They're calling for 108 today....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Anyone else feeling the heat?

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    It was 106 here yesterday. They're calling for 108 today.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

At 7:47am local time it's 80 degrees. Predicted high of 103, but we've broken the predictions every day so far. The lowest predicted high in the next week is 97 om Monday. No rain predicted for the next week and it's drying up here fast. Looking forward to the 4th, but not looking forward to hearing about fires...
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Yesterday in Central Illinois we hit 102 with 110 heat index. Felt like walking into an oven. Today they are expecting cooler temps...upper 90s. 😓😡

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Not nearly as hot as it is for our guys and gals in Afghanistan or elsewhere in SW Asia. And they very well are living in primitive conditions, without A/C, and humping around in 80 pounds of gear looking for IEDs.

I almost let myself complain about the heat today, and then I remembered its been a lot worse. Its all about perspective
    I'm not complaining about anything other than the fact that this is perfect riding weather, and I am not only without a motorcycle, but I had back surgery just under two months ago- so even if I had a bike I couldn't ride yet. -Despite the fact that I'm in the top 2% of my doctor's patients who receive this kind of work done to them...
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Live in Houston TX. During the summer months, if it drops below 97, we call that a cold front from up north. We just have to function with the heat. As my kids say, we have 4 seasons. Almost summer, summer, late summer and Christmas

It's been HOT and humid here too... but right now it's raining buckets.... WE NEED IT. But it won't last.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Here's three numbers for you today, 1-0-7.

This is ridiculous! Walking on my property this A.M. and every step sounds like you're walking on Rice Crispies.

I'm going to set a snowball outside on the sidewalk, think it stands a chance?
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis1209 View Post
    I'm going to set a snowball outside on the sidewalk, think it stands a chance?
    I'm going to say it doesn't stand a snowball's chance in... Tennessee?
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

VIP Member
    Today made me feel like I was back in SW OK. 107 with a heat index of 118. Only thing missing was the Oklahoma wind!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

It was so hot here today, even Satan took the day off.

Distinguished Member Array DefConGun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    It's 101 degrees at 6pm here in central Ky. We have had no rain for two weeks now. Ponds are receding and creeks are drying up. Only good thing is I haven't had to mow grass in awhile.

How are things round the rest of the country?
    I'm in Central KY also so I'm in the same boat as you. It was 90 degrees at 9:00 P.M. last night. I don't what the temp was today but it was hot + we got crazy wild wind today. I thought for sure we were about to get a tornado.

This is no joke!

Very early (as in 5:00 A.M.) yesterday I went out to pick green beans, as I have a monster load of them. Got pretty warm about 9 A.M. and called it quits. Retreated to my shaded deck and started taking the ends off, breaking them in half, and throwing them in a 5 gallon bucket of clean water.

Well, at about noon it became unbearable and I called it a day and with my tail between my legs, I went inside to a cool house.

I left the green beans in the bucket of clean water on the porch until a couple of hours ago, figuring they would be just fine in fresh water?

You know when you freshly pick a green bean how "crisp" and lime green it is?

You know how a green bean gets when you cook them? Turn a much darker green and become tender!

These suckers were half cooked !!! Only got to 108 degrees Fahrenheit in my neck of the woods today.

Checked on my six Production Red hens this evening to see how they were doing. Guess they got too hot, as they decided to take off their down jackets
    I think, therefore I am...

<the Menace>

108 here yesterday.

Normal is 88.

It was a dry heat. Felt like only 100 with high humidity.

Set a record for today 106 degree's today in Athens Alabama

It was 105 today in the St Louis area. It's currently 10 pm and it's still 93.7. Not good to be doing roof inspection.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links