My old UK - still easing a criminal's life maybe!

This is a discussion on My old UK - still easing a criminal's life maybe! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Saw this on THR and just had to bring it over - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...0&in_a_source= Police officers who chase criminals could face sack By BEN TAYLOR Last ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My old UK - still easing a criminal's life maybe!

Assistant Administrator

Saw this on THR and just had to bring it over -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...0&in_a_source=

Police officers who chase criminals could face sack
    By BEN TAYLOR

Last updated at 22:00pm on 15th September 2006

Police officers who launch chases over roofs, railway lines and busy roads could be sacked for putting the health and safety of criminals at risk, it has emerged.

New Home Office proposals say that any officer who knowingly flouts guidelines designed to protect themselves and the public could face dismissal for "gross misconduct".

The suggested new rule has infuriated rank-and-file officers who feel that it amounts to a "criminal's charter".
    Criminal's Charter??? I'll say - the criminal already seems to have the upper hand if committing what is now regarded as ''mere'' petty crime I cannot believe the way my old country is going - ''to the dogs'' seems the case

Since when does the health and safety of a bad guy come top of the list - sheesh!
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

What is up with that? Man I don't want to call your homeland government stupid Chris but if the shoe fit's!

Every cop over there should quite and let the BG's go in peace.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Assistant Administrator
    Grant - you can throw all the brickbats you wish at the UK GOV - I do

I saw things going rapidly downhill before I left in 2000 and now feel no great loyalty to my supposed ''homeland'' - America is now my home and I can at least feel proud, even if all is not as we want all the time - which would apply anywhere these days - but far less here for us.

We have to preserve what we do have and fight to keep what is the best darned place on this planet.

I do tho feel sorry that my dear daughter still has to live in UK - and a few old friends too - they see all this happening with little or no recourse to make change. One vote ain't a whole big deal when things get that bad.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    I recall my ex-father-in-law touting the superiority of GB, the Crown, and system of government over us uncouth Yanks and our system of government (he's from Barbados and ran on the 1972 Olympic team).....
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Sigh.......

And they ask why I haven't gone back to visit.

I swear, I have only been here permanently since 2002, and it seems to have gone even further off the deep end in that time.

So not only have these cops (and brave fellows they are too, it's not them making up these stupid rules) got to chase criminals armed with nothing but a stick, but now they have to chase them nicely and safely?

Speaking of the stick they carry (or truncheon), I recall attending a break-in at my friends office building (he was called out and I went with him). The cops (1 male, 1 female) were there. We were talking about what needs to be done with criminals in general (not very forgiving types these cops!!) and the conversation came round to the truncheons they carried.

The male cop had a heavy wooden truncheon. The female cop was issued one which seemed to be made out of some sort of compressed paper/cardboard. I'm not kidding here, I swear it was true. They let me handle both of them and you would be lucky to beat off an cat with the female cops truncheon.

This was some years ago and I think they started using the US style side handle baton in the mid 90's, but please......

Anyway, it saddens me to see how things are deteriorating back in the UK, but be aware, because this is the kind of thing that your more 'sheepish' states would do. I can so see this kind of thing happening in California, the liberal proving ground.
    Last edited by Fragman; September 16th, 2006 at 12:37 AM. Reason: tidying up spelling

You know, this is one of those things that seems so unbelievable you almost want to say the story has to be faked. It's a sad state of affairs when a police officer isn't allowed to do his job to protect criminals.

Senior Member Array hsuCowboy98's Avatar
    Wow, things are truly insane on that side of the pond. I absolutley cant believe that they are putting criminals on pedistals above law-abiding citizens.........
    Fear No Evil.

I have always thought that the UK was safer and more civilized than the U.S., but after all of the stories I have heard about and read lately, I realize how wrong I was. I have always been proud to be an American, and being in the military and traveling around the world has only made my conviction even stronger. I think people who claim other countries are better, have never been to them, or have not lived there for a long time. I know the U.S. is far from perfect, but it is a lot closer than any country I have been to so far (And that's a lot). I just hope we are not headed in their direction. Seems like the criminals are getting more & more rights, and the lawful citizens are losing theirs. (I'm getting off my soapbox now).
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe while the Congress is in session."
    Mark Twain
    S&W M&P 40

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by osanmike View Post
    I have always thought that the UK was safer and more civilized than the U.S., but after all of the stories I have heard about and read lately, I realize how wrong I was.
    Don't get me started...............

...English 'bobbie' trying to stop a BG......"STOP of I'll yell STOP again!"

I keep an eye out for stories from the UK .....there are a lot of really ridiculous stories from there.

You may want to wrap your head in duct-tape before reading these to keep it from exploding.

Originally Posted by goawayfarm
    Things is the UK are getting bad. I have a close friend who owns a cottage there & visits frequently. The man that takes care of his cottage, lives on a farm nearby. One night he was attacked by what are called 'gypsies'. He tried to defend himself with a shovel, in the ma-lay that followed he injured one of the 'gypsies'. When the bobbies arrived, this man defending his life & property was arrested! The 'gypsies' were trespassing & stealing items from his barn & when he tried to stop them, the OWNER gets arrested! The only good thing to come of this was when the trial came up, the jury could see how ridiculous this was & found him not guilty.

My friend had to fly over to testify at this trial. Since then I have been sending him all the incidents I come across of that have to do with then silly stories about guns, burglaries, attempts at self defense that I can.

Some of these articles are ridiculous & the outcomes would NOT be tolerated here in the USA.(at least not yet)

Here are some of some of the Headlines:

- U.K. torchlight possession bans flames
    - How police used £10,000 to stalk route of an apple-eating driver (they used helicopters, because she was eating an apple while driving)
    - Wardens get DNA kit to trap spitting drivers
    - 10 crimes a year solved (crimes solved per bobbie)
    - Knife sales to be banned
    - Hats off for British easyInternetcafes as baseball caps banned
    - A contract is still a contract – even if it is a contract to kill (A woman who hired a hitman to kill her has been awarded £2,000 because she is still alive)
    - Now brainstorms are off the agenda (the buzzword...has been deemed politically incorrect by civil servants)
    - Anti-Gun Campaigner Attacks 'Heavy-Handed' Police (anti-gun campaigner today criticized police as “heavy handed” after she was arrested for having a pump-action sawn-off shotgun in her home.
    - Armed police swoop on boy waving a toy gun while playing cowboys and indians in the street
    - Baby fined for littering (16 month old BABY boy landed his dad with a £50 litter fine — for throwing an empty can out of his pram.)
    - In a recent report, England’s top lawyer - Attorney-General Lord Goldsmith – was quoted as saying that criminals’ rights need to be protected as well as victims.
    - British disarmament policy, new knife ban only produces rising crime
    - Burglary victim had gun (THE victim of a vicious armed burglary is facing jail after confessing he kept a gun at his home "for protection".)
    - CALL TO BAN FAKE GUNS
    - CAUGHT IN GUN TERROR (A FISHING trip turned into a nightmare for a Sheffield father and son after they were surrounded by armed police and locked up - for buying toy guns.)
    - Clay shoot triggers police call-out (ARMED police were out-gunned - when they ambushed a clay-pigeon shoot)
    - Country crime is crippling industry (Two thirds of people living in the rural West Midlands said they had been victims of crime in the past year at a cost to businesses of more than £580,000, according to business leaders.)
    - Disruptive toddlers to be treated as potential criminals (CHILDREN as young as three are to be singled out by nursery staff if they display aggressive behavior, according to a government report)
    - Gun law: don't shoot first, shout (Countryfolk must try to scare off their prey before opening fire)
    - England has worst crime rate in world (England and Wales have the highest crime rate among the world's leading economies, according to a new report by the United Nations.)
    - Farmer robbed - and police confiscate his shotgun (strawberry farmer Eric Jarnet is fuming after police confiscated his shotgun on his 70th birthday because they feared he might emulate Norfolk farmer Tony Martin. Mr Martin became a national figure after the shotgun killing of a burglar at his farmhouse.)
    - Father faces prison for having stun gun (A FATHER who was beaten with a mallet and had his flat burnt down will spend Christmas behind bars after admitting possession of a stun gun he claimed was for his own safety.)
    - Forced out, jeweller whose wife was shot dead (A jeweller who refused to bow to "lawlessness" after his wife was shot dead during an armed raid at their shop closed his family business yesterday after falling victim to another theft.
    Victor Bates said he was "utterly dispirited" after the latest incident, in which he held the suspected thief for almost half an hour in a shop full of customers as he waited for police to arrive.)
    - Free, raid victim who fired a gun (A DECORATED former soldier walked free from court after firing a starting pistol when two men threatened him on his doorstep. But ex-special forces soldier Colin Tattersdale is now in hiding after one of the men told the court: "I want him out on the street so I can do him myself.")
    - Gun crime fears 'hitting tourism' (Visitors are being scared away by violence and binge drinking
    Nottingham's image as the gun crime capital of the UK is keeping visitors away - according to a council report.)
    - Doctors' kitchen knives ban call (doctors are calling for a ban on long pointed kitchen knives to reduce deaths from stabbing.)

This is but a few I have about three times this many from the past 2-3 years. As you can see, the UK has some thing really really wrong going on.
    sorry to be be repetative............but some stuff you just can't make up........
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    The second a criminal's life is more important than a law abiding citizen you no longer have a society. Anarchy rules, and police and military become an unnecessary budget item because the government won't provide any form of protection for the populace.

When it gets to that point it's time to throw the key in the water bucket and ride off.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by P95Carry View Post
    I cannot believe the way my old country is going - ''to the dogs'' seems the case
    There's a reason I don't read the news from my old country any more... This would be that reason. It has, quite dramatically, gone to hell.

VIP Member
    John Locke is spinning in his grave.

God Save The Queen.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar

No kidding...

Quote Originally Posted by craig45 View Post
    God Save The Queen.
    Yeah... makes you wonder whether or not the Royal Guards outside Buckingham are even allowed to have ammunition in the mags...
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Police in the UK don't carry guns?
    Come on -that can't be true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links