Originally Posted by goawayfarm
Things is the UK are getting bad. I have a close friend who owns a cottage there & visits frequently. The man that takes care of his cottage, lives on a farm nearby. One night he was attacked by what are called 'gypsies'. He tried to defend himself with a shovel, in the ma-lay that followed he injured one of the 'gypsies'. When the bobbies arrived, this man defending his life & property was arrested! The 'gypsies' were trespassing & stealing items from his barn & when he tried to stop them, the OWNER gets arrested! The only good thing to come of this was when the trial came up, the jury could see how ridiculous this was & found him not guilty.
My friend had to fly over to testify at this trial. Since then I have been sending him all the incidents I come across of that have to do with then silly stories about guns, burglaries, attempts at self defense that I can.
Some of these articles are ridiculous & the outcomes would NOT be tolerated here in the USA.(at least not yet)
Here are some of some of the Headlines:
- U.K. torchlight possession bans flames
- How police used £10,000 to stalk route of an apple-eating driver (they used helicopters, because she was eating an apple while driving)
- Wardens get DNA kit to trap spitting drivers
- 10 crimes a year solved (crimes solved per bobbie)
- Knife sales to be banned
- Hats off for British easyInternetcafes as baseball caps banned
- A contract is still a contract – even if it is a contract to kill (A woman who hired a hitman to kill her has been awarded £2,000 because she is still alive)
- Now brainstorms are off the agenda (the buzzword...has been deemed politically incorrect by civil servants)
- Anti-Gun Campaigner Attacks 'Heavy-Handed' Police (anti-gun campaigner today criticized police as “heavy handed” after she was arrested for having a pump-action sawn-off shotgun in her home.
- Armed police swoop on boy waving a toy gun while playing cowboys and indians in the street
- Baby fined for littering (16 month old BABY boy landed his dad with a £50 litter fine — for throwing an empty can out of his pram.)
- In a recent report, England’s top lawyer - Attorney-General Lord Goldsmith – was quoted as saying that criminals’ rights need to be protected as well as victims.
- British disarmament policy, new knife ban only produces rising crime
- Burglary victim had gun (THE victim of a vicious armed burglary is facing jail after confessing he kept a gun at his home "for protection".)
- CALL TO BAN FAKE GUNS
- CAUGHT IN GUN TERROR (A FISHING trip turned into a nightmare for a Sheffield father and son after they were surrounded by armed police and locked up - for buying toy guns.)
- Clay shoot triggers police call-out (ARMED police were out-gunned - when they ambushed a clay-pigeon shoot)
- Country crime is crippling industry (Two thirds of people living in the rural West Midlands said they had been victims of crime in the past year at a cost to businesses of more than £580,000, according to business leaders.)
- Disruptive toddlers to be treated as potential criminals (CHILDREN as young as three are to be singled out by nursery staff if they display aggressive behavior, according to a government report)
- Gun law: don't shoot first, shout (Countryfolk must try to scare off their prey before opening fire)
- England has worst crime rate in world (England and Wales have the highest crime rate among the world's leading economies, according to a new report by the United Nations.)
- Farmer robbed - and police confiscate his shotgun (strawberry farmer Eric Jarnet is fuming after police confiscated his shotgun on his 70th birthday because they feared he might emulate Norfolk farmer Tony Martin. Mr Martin became a national figure after the shotgun killing of a burglar at his farmhouse.)
- Father faces prison for having stun gun (A FATHER who was beaten with a mallet and had his flat burnt down will spend Christmas behind bars after admitting possession of a stun gun he claimed was for his own safety.)
- Forced out, jeweller whose wife was shot dead (A jeweller who refused to bow to "lawlessness" after his wife was shot dead during an armed raid at their shop closed his family business yesterday after falling victim to another theft.
Victor Bates said he was "utterly dispirited" after the latest incident, in which he held the suspected thief for almost half an hour in a shop full of customers as he waited for police to arrive.)
- Free, raid victim who fired a gun (A DECORATED former soldier walked free from court after firing a starting pistol when two men threatened him on his doorstep. But ex-special forces soldier Colin Tattersdale is now in hiding after one of the men told the court: "I want him out on the street so I can do him myself.")
- Gun crime fears 'hitting tourism' (Visitors are being scared away by violence and binge drinking
Nottingham's image as the gun crime capital of the UK is keeping visitors away - according to a council report.)
- Doctors' kitchen knives ban call (doctors are calling for a ban on long pointed kitchen knives to reduce deaths from stabbing.)
This is but a few I have about three times this many from the past 2-3 years. As you can see, the UK has some thing really really wrong going on.