testified at a bond hearing yesterday

Testified at a bond hearing yesterday

This is a discussion on Testified at a bond hearing yesterday within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; We had a guy break into our manufacturing plant for the second time recently. He had his bond hearing, and I had to testify for ...

Thread: testified at a bond hearing yesterday

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar

testified at a bond hearing yesterday

We had a guy break into our manufacturing plant for the second time recently. He had his bond hearing, and I had to testify for the company. He has a long list of priors and got off with probation last time. We served him with a trespass notice and that was worthless. He hasn't bonded out yet, but it changes things when you must go in front of the court, state your name, and testify. My last name is not very common or hard to spell and I don't think I would be very hard to find if he decides. I am glad that I have my cwp and the ability to defend myself. I wish the laws in SC were more friendly to honest citizens. Last night my kids wanted mexican food. Every mexican restaurant that I know except Taco Bell serves alcohol, but according to a former SC attorney genernal's opinion, I can't carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol even if I don't consume. My SA is definitely raised.

I think calling Taco Bell "a Mexican restaurant" is a real stretch, but I realize that's not your point.

Yeah, SC is the least gun friendly of the southern states. Not really sure why, when it almost epitomizes the "clinging to guns and religion" comment.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I think calling Taco Bell "a Mexican restaurant" is a real stretch, but I realize that's not your point.

Yeah, SC is the least gun friendly of the southern states. Not really sure why, when it almost epitomizes the "clinging to guns and religion" comment.
    I agree about Taco Bell, that was part of my point. My state will not allow me to carry conclealed in many restaurants except fastfood.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    I agree about Taco Bell, that was part of my point. My state will not allow me to carry conclealed in many restaurants except fastfood.
    Yeah, I understand. I have to think it has more to do with the alcohol factor than any kind of anti-gun sentiment, right? SC is crazy about liquor sales (I ordered a beer at a restaurant in Greenville once by saying "I'll have a Pacifico" and the waiter told me "Not in the Bible Belt on Sunday, you won't.") Although I do have to say that SC is also the only southern state that doesn't have reciprocity with Georgia, so maybe it is an anti-gun sentiment.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

You can now get that beer in Greenville on sunday inside the city limits.

Our legislature has a very elitest attitude. They "know" what's best for us lowly citizens. We are working on changing them out, but it takes a long time to root them out.

Lead Moderator
    Unless this guy has some violent crimes on his record I would not worry too much about him looking for you. Most don't really seem to change their ways and start to seek vengeance.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Senior Member Array Chad Rogers's Avatar
    There was a case in MD in the late '90s where a guy was arrested for stealing camera batteries from a store.

On the eve of the trial the suspect went to the house of the witness from the store and shot her (and I believe her sister). I seem to recall that neither died, however, I couldn't find any info on it on the Internet. But I remember the general incident because I was living in that area at the time.
    "People who take an Internet handle of a great warrior, are usually the first to go fetal when crunch time comes." - Me

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Our legislature has a very elitest attitude. They "know" what's best for us lowly citizens. We are working on changing them out, but it takes a long time to root them out.
    ^That^ is the big reasoning in much of the 'silliness' WRT many laws. Especially in the deep south, our elected officals know better than we do.....

Our elected officals are there to save 'us' from 'ourselves'. Well, that's how it feels a lot of the time anyway.

Yeah, taking the stand like that and then fearing the accused reprisal can certinally have you looking over your sholder more often.
    Carry when/where you can and keep your SA tuned in to the world around you..... without having it completly take over your sense of self. Lock the gun up in the car and go have a wonderful Mexican dinner out!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Sponsored Links