What happened to popular music?

This is a discussion on What happened to popular music? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Rock and Glock Vinyl compares to CD's the same way. Get a great turntable, clean vinyl's, a great receiver and speakers, and ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: What happened to popular music?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Vinyl compares to CD's the same way. Get a great turntable, clean vinyl's, a great receiver and speakers, and you'll hear music you never have heard before.
    I have a couple :)
    Unfortunately, 33.5s don't fit well in my in-dash unit in the car, and the gyro-mounted tables are slightly outside my price range, and all that aside, 100+ vinyls don't fit under my seat like the CDs do.haha

But yeah, all my friends that come over see me throw a record on and they're more or less dumbfounded.lol
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

2. Remove Ads

....and we've never recovered.

Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by FLArmadillo View Post
    I have a couple :)

But yeah, all my friends that come over see me throw a record on and they're more or less dumbfounded.lol
    That's just because you are cranking your quadrophonic version of Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. :)
    It's kind of like how some people have a sudden and insatiable desire to talk about vampires after the Twilight series became popular, except zombies are much less gay and more likely to exist one day

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    ....and we've never recovered.
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post

What are you, 70?
    Glock 23 - CZ 452 ZKM Special
    Walther P22 - LMT STD 16
    Mossberg 500A - Kahr P380
    Henry H001Y - Winchester 12
    Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
    Mossberg 500B - Marlin 336Y

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    What I can't believe is how long this has been around. If you pay attention to a lot of music even of today, you will find this song in there somewhere even if it's not with all of these chords. I think a LOT of songs have derrived from this. Johann Pachelbel Canon in D Major fantastic version, classical music - YouTube You may think I'm crazy but listen to some of the slower melodies and see if you can make a connection. I bet there's more than you thought.

For instance, Tattoo (Speer Version) - YouTube

or Blues Traveler - Hook - YouTube

Although performed with newer instruments, you can hear Pachelbel's "Canon" in there if you play the melody in your head while you're listening to the newer song. Especially Blues Traveler's "Hook." Let 'er rip!

Music does live on!
    And "Jolly Old St. Nicholas" is a direct ripoff of Pachebel. As is "One Tin Soldier", 2/3rds of Beatles "Let It Be", Green Day's "Basket Case", and 100 others. Seems to be a popular progression...
    Pachelbel’s Canon in D: What Songwriters Can Learn The Essential Secrets of Songwriting Blog

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links