Fireworks - Page 2

Fireworks

This is a discussion on Fireworks within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I can hear fireworks, but can't see them. I wish my Basset Hound didn't hear them.....she is being a "nervous nelly" pacing, crying, knocking things ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Fireworks

I can hear fireworks, but can't see them. I wish my Basset Hound didn't hear them.....she is being a "nervous nelly" pacing, crying, knocking things over. Just like during thunderstorms. I am going to have to ask the vet for some "doggie downers" for next year.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    It was really good. Did you see last nights storm? Last night was better but different. Way more lightning and right on top of us for a while. Tonight had more cloud to cloud lightning though and that looks really cool. Both were awesome in their own way.
    I had to get up early today, so I was in bed when last night's storm rolled in (around 11ish). Too bad I missed it. I love to sit on the porch and watch the storms roll in.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Still not dark enough for fireworks here yet.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    Still not dark enough for fireworks here yet.
    Are they allowed? .........sorry......

VIP Member
    Flew a night local one 4th of July back when I was stationed at Travis, fantastic to see fireworks in all quadrants.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I have been here 7.5 hours and not one airplane. It's a bit like the fire dept though. You have to sit here and wait because you just never know when something bad is going to happen. You sit all day doing nothing and then somebody will call out of the blue screaming "Mayday" and you gotta roll with it.
    Never had to declare Mayday but have had my share of IFEs though, always a great response from ATC and emergency personnel.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

“Thunder is good, thunder is impressive; but it is lightning that does all the work” - Mark Twain
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Are they allowed? .........sorry......
    LOL Well yes and no. We can get the wimpy stuff that does't go arial or explode. You know, the good stuff. That's a state law. Our county does allow the mellow stuff but the county to the north doesn't. You can see fromt he pic why they really aren't a good idea this time of year out here. This was taken today, about 5 hours ago from my place. When it first started, my brother called to report it and they told him that it was a controlled structure burn. It got a bit out of control I think. EDIT: It wasn't a "controlled" burn for training like we were told. Ended up starting at the Child Support Svcs. building and was totally destroyed. Hmm, I guess someone had their own meaning of Independence Day.

Last edited by mprp; July 5th, 2012 at 03:14 AM. Reason: Getting facts straight
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

President of Board of directors for our condo assn told me i could not shoot anything on the property and suggested I go shoot on the local church parking lot (I reminded him it is illegal to shoot within 600 ft of a church.

Went to the neighborhood next door & 30+ people are spectating. Thats when I noticed they are watching commercial grade fireworks. One of the guys on the street is a fireworks distributor. I made new friends tonight they invited us back next year & he told me I could buy from him at cost.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Do your own fireworks... no danger of causing a fire....
    Fireworks

http://www.maylin.net/Fireworks2.html
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Mprp, is that fire up near Corning somewhere? My coumty allows stupid "safe and sane" fireworks at the lower altitudes. Dumb things are only spark makers, I can have more fun with my plasma cutter.
    My partner and i spent 12 hours picking through the estate of a car collector today. Appropriately enough, I found at least 14 American flags in the garages. Most are little ones to display on cars in parades, one is a 5 foot sewn American made, and one is a 45 star from 1886-1908, probably a Spanish-American war flag.
    Anyone need about two hundred hubcaps?
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

Does anyone need two hundred hubcaps??
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    While you're enjoying the sights, I'll be sitting on my tractor - water wagon attached - waiting for the city idiots to burn my pasture with their damn bottle rockets and firecrackers. Tomorrow, I get to get out on the road and clean up their messes and beer bottles. Sure wish they'd stay at home.
    Around here some of the idiots decide gunfire is better than fire crackers
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    Anyone need about two hundred hubcaps?
    I could use about 46 of them.....
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    I asked him before......ATC...air traffic control.

He's interneting on company time.....oooops......
    At least hes awake!
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links