Fireworks

Fireworks

This is a discussion on Fireworks within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm sitting in the tower tonight and with the clear visibility I can see no fewer than 32 fireworks displays. They are all around the ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Fireworks

VIP Member

Fireworks

I'm sitting in the tower tonight and with the clear visibility I can see no fewer than 32 fireworks displays. They are all around the horizon, some close and some far.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

VIP Member
    Holy crap! This is amazing. It looks like the end of the world.
    QKShooter likes this.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

Administrator
    I can hear them but, not see them from my vantage point.
    Occasionally one High Flyer will be visible over the tree tops.

I should have gone to see a fireworks display tonight but, it is too hot and humid here to deal with a traffic snarl tonight.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I'm sitting in the tower tonight and will the clear visibility I can see no fewer than 32 fireworks displays. They are all around the horizon, some close and some far.
    Lat/Lon?

What is the "tower". Just curious. (wish I had a tower)
    Brad426 likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    What is the "tower". Just curious. (wish I had a tower)
    I asked him before......ATC...air traffic control.

He's interneting on company time.....oooops......

While you're enjoying the sights, I'll be sitting on my tractor - water wagon attached - waiting for the city idiots to burn my pasture with their damn bottle rockets and firecrackers. Tomorrow, I get to get out on the road and clean up their messes and beer bottles. Sure wish they'd stay at home.
    dukalmighty likes this.

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I hear them everywhere around us but I can't see anything...

...sounds like a line from a horror movie. Probably a bad one.

I'm just glad I'm now in a neighborhood where I don't first think 'gunshots'...
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

VIP Member
    Fireworks are over and a BIG thunderstorm has arrived. It had been rolling in from the NW for about an hour and it has arrived with gusto. Look at Lake Erie on WX radar and check it out. BOOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    I asked him before......ATC...air traffic control.

He's interneting on company time.....oooops......
    I have been here 7.5 hours and not one airplane. It's a bit like the fire dept though. You have to sit here and wait because you just never know when something bad is going to happen. You sit all day doing nothing and then somebody will call out of the blue screaming "Mayday" and you gotta roll with it.
    msgt/ret and Yankeejib like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I can hear them but, not see them from my vantage point.
    Occasionally one High Flyer will be visible over the tree tops.

I should have gone to see a fireworks display tonight but, it is too hot and humid here to deal with a traffic snarl tonight.
    Wait till this storm gets down to you. It's a big'un.

I have been here 7.5 hours and not one airplane. It's a bit like the fire dept though. You have to sit here and wait because you just never know when something bad is going to happen. You sit all day doing nothing and then somebody will call out of the blue screaming "Mayday" and you gotta roll with it.
    Much like commercial piloting has been described - hours of endless boredom, punctuated by moments of sheer terror.
    msgt/ret and kerberos like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Senior Moderator
    I could use a storm. We've been in a drought for awhile and as a result, the only fireworks going off around me are wildfires. Had one burn 500+ acres a few miles from my house that they are still dealing with. Luckly for us, the U.S. Air Force donated some tanker planes that dumped water on the spots that were hard to get to. Its pretty rural here, so only one house was lost.

No one has sold any fireworks...all the stands have pretty much the same stuff they started out with, since Fireworks have been banned.

It sucks to have no thunderboomers going over head.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Fireworks are over and a BIG thunderstorm has arrived. It had been rolling in from the NW for about an hour and it has arrived with gusto. Look at Lake Erie on WX radar and check it out. BOOM!

Having once been in the cockpit of a single engine plane when the engine blew climbing out at 2K feet, I
    appreciate that comment about Mayday. They got a United Jet out of the way and handed us a 9,000 ish
    foot runway to glide to. At least we weren't on fire. And I'm here to brag about it.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I'm a little ways across the border from you, so I got to see the storm roll in a little while after you did (I assume). In my opinion, the lightning was more impressive than the fireworks where I am at.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    It was really good. Did you see last nights storm? Last night was better but different. Way more lightning and right on top of us for a while. Tonight had more cloud to cloud lightning though and that looks really cool. Both were awesome in their own way.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links