cops took some 9 1/2 hours to respond

This is a discussion on cops took some 9 1/2 hours to respond within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; where else...... DETRIOT Urban Youths Storm Detroit Gas Station; Store Clerk Brutally Beaten...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: cops took some 9 1/2 hours to respond

where else...... DETRIOT

Urban Youths Storm Detroit Gas Station; Store Clerk Brutally Beaten

"I don't need to be carrying a gun... I'm not in a war zone". Errrrrrr! Wrong. The clerk was an idiot for coming out from behind the bullet-proof glass, IMO.

And did the reporter really say "This gun is for you guys in case someone comes in here clownin'..."?
    Spirit51 likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    When seconds count, the police are just... hours? away
    Ram Rod likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Sounds like when the little thugs come in with that mentality the proper response would be to euthanise them immediately
    Spirit51, Bark'n, WHEC724 and 1 others like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

P95
    So thankful for where I live.
    babarock likes this.

It's DaTwa, what would you expect?
    JoJoGunn and bigmacque like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    The clerk needs to carry as well.

That response is just sad. No other word for it. It is not really aimed at the officers, but to their system that is understaffed.

That clerk should think about getting some practice with that weapon and then decide what his life is worth. He might want to give serious thought to using it if this happens again...if he really values his life (which I bet he does).
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I would move out of that area if I had to give up all I owned and walked.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    When seconds count, the police are just... hours? away
    Pretty much redundant here.

I think the clerk should think about another line of work. They don't call convenience stores "the poor man's ATM" for nothing... convenience store clerk is one of the most dangerous jobs in America.

Last year my car broke down in a very bad part of Phoenix. I was able to pull into a convenience store parking lot, and as I was waiting for the tow truck I went inside for a cold drink. As I paid, I noticed that on either side of the door there was a giant "ruler" - sort of a height gauge. I asked the attendant about that, and he said it's to help them provide a better description of any robbers!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Hey!!! What's the complaint they showed up didn't they.......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I think the clerk should think about another line of work. They don't call convenience stores "the poor man's ATM" for nothing... convenience store clerk is one of the most dangerous jobs in America.

Last year my car broke down in a very bad part of Phoenix. I was able to pull into a convenience store parking lot, and as I was waiting for the tow truck I went inside for a cold drink. As I paid, I noticed that on either side of the door there was a giant "ruler" - sort of a height gauge. I asked the attendant about that, and he said it's to help them provide a better description of any robbers!
    Comic Ron White said he was 6'2" to 6'4" depending on which convienience store he was in.

Just wanted to comment on a post to get to 100. Woo Hoo Now if I ever get to meet Geko45 or Sixto my life will be complete.

I guess I need to buy a dog and name him LIFE so I can say I have one. They always said when you get old little things matter. Just didn't know it would come this soon. lol
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post

If I had to guess, I would say that I've seen that at 80% of all convenience stores, not just ones in bad parts of major cities.

if i was the owner or owning company i would close it down from being a walk in store. you want something. you want gas. you can come up to the bullet proof window and pay me through a sliding drawer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links