Is CA Completely Nuts?

This is a discussion on Is CA Completely Nuts? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sacirfice the future for the present. Hummmm, sounds familiar....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Is CA Completely Nuts?

Sacirfice the future for the present. Hummmm, sounds familiar.
    I practice the 2nd Amendment....alot

2. Remove Ads

Yeah, pretty much,,,, even family members who moved there years ago
    are NOW NUTS.

One of the first things said to me when I arrived at MCRD San Diego...

Welcome to California, the land of fruits and nuts!
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

I was born in California. Lived there until 1994. Grew up in the LA area, went to school on the central coast, then moved to the San Francisco area. In a word, yes, they are nuts. Unfortunately, SF and LA run the state. The rural area are very conservative, but the majority of the population is in SF and LA where all the do gooders and free loaders live.
    mprp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    I was born in California. Lived there until 1994. Grew up in the LA area, went to school on the central coast, then moved to the San Francisco area. In a word, yes, they are nuts. Unfortunately, SF and LA run the state. The rural area are very conservative, but the majority of the population is in SF and LA where all the do gooders and free loaders live.
    Thank You! Yes, and do you know how freaking frustrating that is for the rest of us?? I can see now, why years ago they wanted to split this state. Totally different worlds. Probably kind of like NYC and Upstate.

I have a great job and a place with a little bit of land but my wife and I have been thinking of uprooting and getting out of here and going to some undetermined "free" state. We've actually been playing around and looking at places but one of my problems is my parents are here and they're not getting any younger. If we can get them to bite, we may be outta here.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Is CA Completely Nuts?
    Yes. Yes it is.

You can represent California and Reality in a venn diagram as two circles that do not touch.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I'll add that I feel sorry for those who live in California who are in touch with reality. I wish you guys were the voice that was speaking loudest in that state.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Short answer: Yes.
    The high speed rail idea may actually be one of their more sensible ideas though. Long term it certainly makes sense. With the State's current fiscal mess the timing does seem odd.
    From what I have read about the routing of the train, it does not make any sense at anytime. Most of the potential riders will have to go so far out of the way to get to the train, that they lose any benefit of the high speed part.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links