Buying Land In South Florida

This is a discussion on Buying Land In South Florida within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Any recommendations on areas in/near South Florida where I could find reasonably-priced decent sizes of land for sale? Doesn't need to be big enough for ...

Thread: Buying Land In South Florida

Any recommendations on areas in/near South Florida where I could find reasonably-priced decent sizes of land for sale? Doesn't need to be big enough for hunting but big enough to set up some targets for bow & firearm shooting, maybe tear up some ground w/ an SUV & just have some private outdoor fun w/ friends. Multiple acres preferred.

Check out the Golden Gate Estates around the Naples Florida area. It is in the middle of NOWHERE.

Something with a high, difficult to climb fence and room for claymores.

And a guest room so my wife and I can come visit!
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Anything at least 20 miles inland becomes a good bargain. Unfortunately, 20 miles inland from you is swamp. You'll need to look a little farther north. Personally, I don't care for the eastern half of the state, so the Naples area, mentioned above, is really good. The Lakeland area is prime, prime real estate as well (Auburndale, Winter Haven, Lake Wales, Bartow). The Augie Busch family owns tens of millions of acres here. There's 10K lakes as well, 90% are private. I've looked at plots out there and almost pulled the trigger on a couple (I bought NC instead).
    Look up Arcadia. There is a whole lot of nothing within 100 miles of there, and everything is always for sale. That's also within a couple+ of hours of you.
    Get prequalified and get a letter. Walk into any real estate office (you can do this in Miami) and give them your criteria (location, acreage, budget, etc.). Have them run you off an MLS listing of everything that fits your bill (you need road access, utilities (?), check the right of way for utilities, pipelines, railroads, water management, DOT--new highway coming from Lakeland to Naples- etc,etc. that should all be in the disclosure, but don't count on it...talk to neighbors). Get a map and start driving. It may take a couple of weeks of searching, but I guarantee you'll find the perfect spot. There's so many distress sales right now. I'd consider it especially good if it was an out-of-state owner that you can rape. I also definitely consider it a benefit to go ahead and find an agent to work for you, so you don't have to deal with the whining. Besides, you can always put their %'age on the seller's side of the contract. Everything is negotiable. Good luck.

Links