A hypothetical to our leo members

This is a discussion on A hypothetical to our leo members within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; First off, don't post anything here you wouldn't want your supervisors to see. Second as your a member here I bet I already , now ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: A hypothetical to our leo members

First off, don't post anything here you wouldn't want your supervisors to see. Second as your a member here I bet I already , now your individual answer anyway.

So lets say the unthinkable happens concerning our gun rights. Some sort of wide sweeping ban make ownership of firearms that we practically all own suddenly illegal. Say semiautos or something. By law all who own them are to orderly file down to their local Leo center and hand them in.

I think the a decent portion of us will not so politely refuse and it will be left to average leos to enforce warrants for search and seizure of said illegal weapons as i don't think there are physically enough batf agents in existence to handle that.

So here's the question, I dont believe most leo's would carry out that warrant as most of them are 2nd amendment supporters as we are. What do you think? My firearms will only be taken from my dead hands, white hot, smoking and on a mound of expended brass, but i don't think it would happen. Today on fox news I saw a story on Texas gov Rick Perry vowing not to enact obama care because it is unconstitutional and would bankrupt Texas. I think a large gun ban would get the same opposition from the top down... Thoughts?

I think you need an outlet for your overactive imagination.

Not enough hours in the day to respond to this one, wow. This is what I call lose-lose- Talk about a rock and a hard place. On one hand, a LEO pretty much has to do what he is ordered to do. On the other hand, most are 2a supporters, and are sworn to uphold the constitution. Big conflict of interest right there. This hypothetical would just suck for everyone.

Sorry, cant be of any help here

Quote Originally Posted by oldrwizr View Post
    I think you need an outlet for your overactive imagination.
    oh I don't think any of it would actually happen. Purely hypothetical and actually my train of thought on this makes me less worried about the un treaty everyone's been talking about so much.

I think the military would side with the people by and large as well.

I will pass on this one and sit back with my tin foil hat on
    GhostMaker and ericb327 like this.

VIP Member
    Slide over Suntzu, I brought popcorn.
    suntzu and ericb327 like this.

No tin foil hat here, hypothetical as I think this would never actually happen... Mind you there are plenty out there whose goal is exactly this.

I've thought of this as well. I'm not sure how this would play out... although, one thing is for sure... A lot of people would die if that was to happen.
    Matthew 10:28 "And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell." ✞

I doubt you'll find many LEOs imprudent enough to commit to a course of action on such a scenario on an internet forum.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Administrator
    I can promise with certainty the vast majority of LEO will tell whom ever tries to pawn that job on them to pound salt.
    ericb327, kb2wji, 64zebra and 1 others like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by Erick46590 View Post
    I've thought of this as well. I'm not sure how this would play out... although, one thing is for sure... A lot of people would die if that was to happen.
    Well actually not if I'm right, I think such a ban would be largely unenforced as no one who would enforce it would believe the ban constitutional besides batf ghestapo.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I can promise with certainty the vast majority of LEO will tell whom ever tries to pawn that job on them to pound salt.
    And there would be millions on their side.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    While I agree with your statement, I think some LEOs involved in this type of situation would look at there kids and wife, and carry out the act, based on a pay check at the end of the week. Some of the officers that are friends of mine, would turn there badges in. Others, the younger guys, do not seem to have a problem with it. I know where I stand on the issue. I just hope that no one is put into this situation.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    If I were a LEO, it would be extremely tempting to resign rather than enforce such a thing. Hard to say since I'm not one and my livelihood doesn't depend on that as my occupation.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links