Finally, Charges Laid In The Case Of The 187MPH Idiot.

Finally, Charges Laid In The Case Of The 187MPH Idiot.

This is a discussion on Finally, Charges Laid In The Case Of The 187MPH Idiot. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A 25-year-old man has been charged in connection with a high-speed motorcycle ride outside of Victoria that went viral on YouTube earlier this year. Police ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Finally, Charges Laid In The Case Of The 187MPH Idiot.

VIP Member

Thumbs up Finally, Charges Laid In The Case Of The 187MPH Idiot.

A 25-year-old man has been charged in connection with a high-speed motorcycle ride outside of Victoria that went viral on YouTube earlier this year.

Police in Saanich, on Vancouver Island, announced the charges at a news conference Wednesday morning.

In April, video of a motorcycle rider who filmed himself weaving through traffic on the Trans-Canada Highway outside of Victoria was posted to the video-sharing website YouTube.

In the video, the speedometer shows the motorbike rocketing past vehicles at speeds close to 300 km/h and passing along the centre line.

Randy George Scott, 25, has been charged with dangerous driving.

Police are currently searching for Scott in order to arrest him. The blue Yamaha motorcycle in the video has been seized by the province's civil forfeiture office.

For those that haven't the video, it's pretty intense and enclosed in this link..................

Saanich police lay charges in 300 km/h motorcycle video - British Columbia - CBC News

I drive this road home every night!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Wow, that was some of the sickest driving on a public road I've ever seen. Very intense.

And yeah, I know it's totally reckless and dangerous and irresponsible and all that - but it's a heckuva video.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Took them long enough to charge him...

And I see stuff like what he did all the time. His mistake was to try to show off on youtube.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Cmon, who here hasn't gone 180+MPH on a public road before? I was around 175 before my motor shot a rod through the oil pan.

Nice driving.

I encounter idiots like this all the time. It's like they don't even understand how insignificant they are compared to everything else on the road, especially when everyone is doing 70 on a highway.

That's nuts. Lucky he didn't get the high speed wobble. THAT would have been an awesome video!
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Some of the vehicles looked as if they were standing still. Just imagine what a difference one of those cars making a lane change would have made in the outcome of that video.
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

I'm wondering what would have happened if a June bug or similar hit him in the face (or even face shield) at those speeds... or if a car changed lanes as he was passing... or if he hit a chunk of truck tire lying in the road.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mprp View Post
    That's nuts. Lucky he didn't get the high speed wobble. THAT would have been an awesome video!
    With clean up in lane one.
    mprp likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

So what's the problem? Here's how they roll in Moscow:

Black Devil - Moscow Ride on R1 - YouTube

VIP Member
    Hope they find him. He is a reason why we all have to pay so much for insurance. If you want to drive like that go to the track but why put others in danger. Yes was "cool" but also very stupid and inconsiderate.

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post

Black Devil - Moscow Ride on R1 - YouTube
    The OP's post was bad, but this is just ridiculous!!
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    The problem is inocent people could have been hurt.
    He could have been hurt and who gets to pay his hospital bills?
    The police have to waste time and resouces looking for him.
    The rider that got a thrill out of it will attempt it again and will run out of luck at some point.
    we all have to carry a fair amount of insurance for uninsured or under insured because of people like that.

Caretaker, that's insane. Back in the years that nothing could possibly happen to me, I had one up to 110 mph. I can't say that it wasn't fun and that was more than fast enough considering how twisty the road was. Only happened once and I never pulled that kind of stuff when there was any other people around to hurt either. The older I got, the more I liked the cruisers and to "smell the roses" as I rode so to speak. The problem with the racers is how fun they are to ride, for short periods that is, and taking corners is effortless. I think it would be a blast taking one of those babies to a track.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

No matter how good a rider they are (think they are) that's awfully trusting of everyone else on the road. Get thee to a track. Of course the faster you go, the less time there is for any one driver's actions to mess you up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links