Indy Trading Post, part two

This is a discussion on Indy Trading Post, part two within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Yankeejib Make sure your paycheck makes it to the bank:) I could never work in a gun shop. I'd have my paycheck ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Indy Trading Post, part two

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejib View Post
    Make sure your paycheck makes it to the bank:)
    I could never work in a gun shop. I'd have my paycheck all spent before it left the store
    ctr likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Indy Trading Post? Is this that place on Madison Ave? If so I went in there once or twice when we lived there. I didn't like the hand cranked target pulley system. I think they said something about a new range at some point. Did that ever happen?

All in all, you could surely do worse in Indianapolis. You could be working at Don's Guns! I liked Pop Guns over on the East side, on Washington I think.
    It is the same place that you are thinking of Mike, We are working on getting the range replaced and we are going to begin the tear down and rebuilding in september.
    TN_Mike likes this.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

I'm still confused about your initial request, "blanks for grandma".

Were you needing blanks for you to shoot at grandma, or picking up blanks for your gramdma for her to shoot at someone else (maybe you)? I guess it wouldn't matter as they would be the same blanks regardless, but I can understand their initial reaction of laughter, because mental visuals of either scenario would strike me as funny.

I would try to hold back & wait until I was no longer in front of the customer before ROFLMAO, but some things just slap your "silly bone" such that you can't help it.

Sounds like it all worked out well, but I haven't figured out from your description how bartering for free range time & such puts food on the table & pays bills.

Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by KimBobTex View Post
    Sounds like it all worked out well, but I haven't figured out from your description how bartering for free range time & such puts food on the table & pays bills...

Range time, ammo, targets = $

Let's see, take a part time job with a set rigid schedule doing something you probably don't really like to pay for the shooting addiction. Or work at a gun shop when you feel like it, talk to other gun nuts and help newbs get what they need/want in trade for supporting the addiction.

Hmm, sounds like a no brainer to me
    T*A*N*S*T*A*A*F*L
    The best things in life are not free.
    They are paid for with the blood of brave men and women!
    M&P Forum
    Ohioans For Concealed Carry
    Holsters

Distinguished Member Array INccwchris's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    Range time, ammo, targets = $

Let's see, take a part time job with a set rigid schedule doing something you probably don't really like to pay for the shooting addiction. Or work at a gun shop when you feel like it, talk to other gun nuts and help newbs get what they need/want in trade for supporting the addiction.

Hmm, sounds like a no brainer to me
    luvmy40 hit the nail on the head, I work as a truck driver full time to pay the bills. the gun shop job is in my spare time and I come and go as I please.
    "The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."

VIP Member
    Congratulations on the new job. I'll echo another posts, I would go broke very quickly working in a gun store.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links