Before I die I want to...

This is a discussion on Before I die I want to... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The purpose of this thread is to list something that you want to accomplish, a place that you want to visit, or something you want ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Before I die I want to...

Senior Moderator

Before I die I want to...

The purpose of this thread is to list something that you want to accomplish, a place that you want to visit, or something you want to create before you die. You can add a statement of why you want to do something or just leave it as it is. You can want to write (or finish a novel), visit the Normandy beaches, and walk the streets of Saigon with your father. You get the idea.

I will go first
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    Before I die I want to complete the Appalachian Trail.

When I was in my late teens early twenties (which is farther in the past than I am comfortable with) I backpacked from Georgia to Harper’s Ferry West Virginia. Then I had to get serious about life and never finished the rest of the trail. Now as my son’s get older I hope to walk the trail with them and hopefully finish the whole thing.
    hinkleid and Spirit51 like this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I want to see my children come to the Lord. All else is unimportant.

VIP Member
    I want to see my son raised properly, out of college and successfully out on his own.

Believe it or not, at the tender age of 47, I've completed my 'bucket list'. Don't get me wrong, I'm still looking forward to grandkids, and being a crotchety, mean-old-sob that terrorizes punks who mistake me for a victim. However, after the above objective, it's all a victory lap for me.
    GeorgiaDawg likes this.

I want to see a black bear, bobcat, rattlesnake, and moose in the wild.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Distinguished Member Array ericb327's Avatar
    The one thing I want is unattainable & too personal to share here. So here is #2

I have always had a passion for good food and cooking, I am specially fond of Asian cuisine. I would love to tour China, Japan, Korea and Southeast Asia somewhat like Anthony Bourdain. That would almost complete my life!
    msgt/ret and Spirit51 like this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

https://www.facebook.com/ninja312

My food and product review blog
    http://trualitybarandgrille.wordpress.com/

There are so many things that are important surrounding my wife and daughters, but from a "just me" perspective: I would love to stand on a mountain in Alaska with my dad, our Weatherbys over our shoulders and breathe the fresh air.
    WHEC724, BillK and Spidey2011 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    I want to see a black bear, bobcat, rattlesnake, and moose in the wild.
    From a safe distance I presume.
    Badey likes this.
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill. (Sun Tzu) The Art of War

Quote Originally Posted by ericb327 View Post
    The one thing I want is unattainable & too personal to share here. So here is #2

I have always had a passion for good food and cooking, I am specially fond of Asian cuisine. I would love to tour China, Japan, Korea and Southeast Asia somewhat like Anthony Bourdain. That would almost complete my life!
    Come on...share... you've got our curiosity up...what's that unattainable/personal thing? Love affair with Jennifer Lopez? Dancing with the stars? I know...learn to juggle?
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Before I die I want to visit all 30 MLB ballparks with my father

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    Come on...share... you've got our curiosity up...what's that unattainable/personal thing? Love affair with Jennifer Lopez? Dancing with the stars? I know...learn to juggle?
    I don't want to open it up to advice and discussion. I've come to terms with it.
    atctimmy likes this.

Senior Moderator
    I want to travel!

Some country, seacoast village in Ireland. Paris. India. Egypt. Israel. England. Mexico. Alaska. Maine. Germany (been there but it was a layover).

Share my Lord and Savior with as many people as possible,I've seen enough of the World already.

We just came back from a visit to Mount Rushmore. It was a great experience and there was more to do in the area than I expected.

I'd like to see Washington DC, the Statue of Liberty, and Pearl Harbor. Outside the US I'd like to see Easter Island, Stonehenge, the Parthenon & Acropolis in Greece, Rome, and the Louve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    limatunes and msgt/ret like this.
    Randy
    - - - - -
    Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    I want to see my children come to the Lord. All else is unimportant.
    I guess I can't top that!
    clc likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links