US Olympic Uniforms Made In China

This is a discussion on US Olympic Uniforms Made In China within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I don't really care too much if they are made in China. I would prefer that they were made in the US but this is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: US Olympic Uniforms Made In China

I don't really care too much if they are made in China. I would prefer that they were made in the US but this is not the first time. Anyway, I have donated to the US Olympic Team before because they are not government sponsored. But I will no longer because of the waste of money they are spending on the uniforms!

The uniform, which is available on the company’s website, carries a hefty price tag for Olympic enthusiasts who want to assemble it. The beret costs $55, the men’s blazers are $795 and women’s skirts are $495. If the price is that high for an outsourced blazer, imagine the cost of one made in America.
    You could get a good suit off the rack at Sears for 250 bucks! What a glorious waste of money for folks that have their hand out all the time.

How is this gun related? I am going to the range and I printed out a picture of the uniforms and I am going to use it as a target!
    Guest1 and Spirit51 like this.

How is this gun related? I am going to the range and I printed out a picture of the uniforms and I am going to use it as a target!
    Want to make it gun related?
    How bout we demand that American governmental agencies that purchase weapons buy American firearms? Not just American brand name firearms but ones actually made here and not outsourced to another country.

Michael

Many days I think the US should just hand over the deed to China. How much money do we owe them? Have they not taken most of OUR jobs? Maybe we can run ferries back and forth so we can all go work in sweat shops?
    Ed Brown Kobra 45
    Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II
    Glock 33

You can blame Ralph Lauren for this one. They are the ones that outsourced to China, if I'm not mistaken. Surprise, Surprise.

The uniforms ,,,, look more like FRENCH uniforms,,,,, as far as China goes ,,,, we
    are fast turning into a CHINA SATELLITE NATION,,,,, Chinese is are second language??

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    Want to make it gun related?
    How bout we demand that American governmental agencies that purchase weapons buy American firearms? Not just American brand name firearms but ones actually made here and not outsourced to another country.

Michael
    I hear you but when I had a choice of weapons I could deploy with (OC and CC) I chose Sig and sometimes Glock. We are talking about firearms and peoples lives, not a philisophical view point of imports and what should be made in America. If the finest tank in the world was made in Somalia and ours were junk then I would say to buy the Somalian ones until US companies got their act together (that was a hypothetical in case someone missed it LOL).

VIP Member
    Saw on TV last night. Harry Ried is acting like he cares, that made me angry and I turned off the TV. Harry does not care where they are made. Since BO got in everything is politics or racist. The Olympics are a game, let them play and enjoy. Go America bring us some gold metals and make us proud. Berets were funny looking we are Americans, should have baseball caps on instead.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hinkleid View Post
    How much money do we owe them? Have they not taken most of OUR jobs?
    They didn't take our jobs we gave our jobs away, it is not their fault that we were greedy and thought only of short term profits and political gain.

I say we because we as a people did not hold our polticans our corporate leaders accountable.
    wmhawth, Crowman, suntzu and 2 others like this.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    They didn't take our jobs we gave our jobs away, it is not their fault that we were greedy and thought only of short term profits and political gain.

I say we because we as a people did not hold our polticans our corporate leaders accountable.
    Many of our trade agreements over the past fifty years were done under the guise of bringing up impoverished nations to our level. To help the people of these countries. This was done by giving tax benefits to U.S. companies who would agreed to open factories in these countries. Remember one of the huge selling points of NAFTA was to bring Mexico up to our level economically so they could buy our products. And a side benefit of giving them a reason to say home instead of coming here illegally.

This was all done to help people in other countries instead of protecting the citizens of ours.

Michael
    pgrass101 and atctimmy like this.

Hate to burst everyone's outrage, but the uniforms ARE being made in USA. There was a plan in 2010 to have the 2012 uniforms made in China, but it was changed. Check your facts more carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldfart60 View Post
    Hate to burst everyone's outrage, but the uniforms ARE being made in USA. There was a plan in 2010 to have the 2012 uniforms made in China, but it was changed. Check your facts more carefully.
    Proof?

I don't think the company would have released a statement apologizing for it and promising to change in 2014 if that was the case.

Hmmm, I guess those that are complaining might want to check their entire wardrobes to see how much of it is foreign made. Surprise, surprise. Sadly I think the "Buy American Only" ship has sailed.
    hinkleid likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by hinkleid View Post
    Many days I think the US should just hand over the deed to China. How much money do we owe them?
    The largest debt holder of America is The Federal Reserve.... Surprise, surprise.
    U.S. National Debt Clock FAQ
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Hmmm, I guess those that are complaining might want to check their entire wardrobes to see how much of it is foreign made. Surprise, surprise. Sadly I think the "Buy American Only" ship has sailed.
    It sails every election. The politicians like to go for rides and wave at the folks.

Michael

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Ralph Lauren made the Olympic uniforms in 2008 as well. Were they made in China then too? If they were, I don't remember hearing about it then. That would have been a bigger outrage because the Olympics were actually in China in 2008.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links