why yo tasering me I did nuttin wrong

This is a discussion on why yo tasering me I did nuttin wrong within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Part 1 Police Brutality ? .. Jaywalker Tasered for not handing over IDENTIFICATION (and he has a CHL and A security permit but not for ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brad426

Thread: why yo tasering me I did nuttin wrong

why yo tasering me I did nuttin wrong

Part 1 Police Brutality ? .. Jaywalker Tasered for not handing over IDENTIFICATION (and he has a CHL and A security permit but not for long)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

Based on what I saw, it doesn't seem like the police had a right to ask him for ID. However, once they tried to arrest him he was resisting. Just saying "I'm not resisting" while you are resisting isn't good enough. Now the fact that it may not have been a lawful command in the first place is interesting, but in my opinion, once the cops have made their decision (right or wrong) it is probably best to comply and fight the battle a different way.
    atctimmy likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

If the woman had had the presence of mind to call 911 instead of trying to video the whole incident, maybe she would have actually been able to talk to the cops' supervisor!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Wonder why she is so worried about incriminating herself if none of them did anything.

VIP Member
    Which state did this happen in? That is important in assessing the lawfulness of the demand for ID.

The SC Hibel v Nevada ruling only requires that you state who you are, not that you show ID.
    (Assuming he wasn't carrying in a must inform state.)

This is similar in nature to that thread with the kid with the rifle on his back.

Not police brutality IMO, but not right either.

Added a few moments later, this url just shows the total legal confusion on the issue,
    and provides little of practical use--

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_an...on_to_identify
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

That was funny right there!
    Where do these idiots get the idea that an officer is going to stop performing an arrest and call for a supervisor as soon as you ask for one? If they wanted to see a supervisor faster they should have complied instead of dancing around the parking lot with the officers, or as has been said instead of shooting video she should have been making phone calls.

As far as the legal aspects go, if they were stopped for any violation of the law (jaywalking, spitting on the sidewalk whatever) , the officers use of force was completely justified IMHO. Walking around saying you are not resisting is resisting. Any time you break the law like jaywalking, you are subject to arrest. It is not at our discretion, it is at the officers discretion. If you notice at one point he only has one cuff on and has broken free. He should be happy that all that he got was to ride the lightning. In the "old" days with some departments that was a "shoot" situation.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Moderator
    Video is not family friendly due to the use of profane language at 2:30 on the second video.

Therefore it is closed.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Links