The Glock survived some serious mud Sunday

This is a discussion on The Glock survived some serious mud Sunday within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; [QUOTE=TN_Mike;2321223]To me, function check was, I basic stripped it, made sure the barrel wasn't clogged, the innards weren't caked with mud. Put it back together ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: The Glock survived some serious mud Sunday

Distinguished Member
    [QUOTE=TN_Mike;2321223]To me, function check was, I basic stripped it, made sure the barrel wasn't clogged, the innards weren't caked with mud. Put it back together and hand cycled the slid several times. Inserted mag and sling shot the first round into the chamber. I would have fired it a couple of times but didn't want to alarm the folks who own the land

Ok, thanks. Ya, I understand that - can't just pop those things off anywhere.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    You definitely got a lemon. The Cherokee is the single best off road platform that has ever been mass produced. Period.
    Cherokees are nice and the 4.0 is an incredible engine...but the unibody is a fail. Flex your rig out and you'll see.

Anyhow, what did you do to it? Long arm kit, better tires, etc?

My 87 4runner

VIP Member
    You, you think thats something, well, I, um once got my M&P wet standing in the drizzle for a few minutes, so there,and, and my dad can whup you dad anyday, so there!

PS.

Glad you are enjoying your new/old surroundings Mike!
    TN_Mike likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    I just have one question Mike, since when have Wranglers been known to get stuck? I've always been under the impression they are THE offroad vehicle.

We got my brother's Cherokee stuck back in January in some nasty Florida mud. His F-150 made it further than the Jeep actually which was strange. Probably had to do with the fact that the Cherokee had terrible tires.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post
    I just have one question Mike, since when have Wranglers been known to get stuck? I've always been under the impression they are THE offroad vehicle.

We got my brother's Cherokee stuck back in January in some nasty Florida mud. His F-150 made it further than the Jeep actually which was strange. Probably had to do with the fact that the Cherokee had terrible tires.
    Tires make a big difference.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

I never feel bad about abusing my glock... now my kahrs that's a different story!

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckingba11 View Post
    Cherokees are nice and the 4.0 is an incredible engine...but the unibody is a fail. Flex your rig out and you'll see.

Anyhow, what did you do to it? Long arm kit, better tires, etc?

My 87 4runner
    Bah! (insert dismissive wave here) The unibody wasn't a fail. Far from it. I've seen Cherokee's go places a lot of non-unibody 4X4's didn't make it through. You want to see flex?

jeep1.jpgJeep2.jpgJeep3.jpg

Don't tell me Chrokees can't flex.

So far I have not done a long arm job on her yet. I did lift her some. Got some better tires and added some bells and whistles in the form of some more lights and a new exhaust. The next upgrade will be to get rid of the factory bumpers and put some much more substantial and more trail worthy bumpers on her and I'd really like to put some over sized fender flares on her. Keep as much mud as possible from flying into the windows while I'm out there.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBigOrange View Post

Chrokee guys give Wrangler guys crap and vice-versa. It's a Jeep thing. And yeah, I'm sure if your Brothers Cherokee didn't make it as far as a friggin F-150 it was the tires or something else because that should NEVER happen.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Bah! (insert dismissive wave here) The unibody wasn't a fail. Far from it. I've seen Cherokee's go places a lot of non-unibody 4X4's didn't make it through. You want to see flex?

jeep1.jpgJeep2.jpgJeep3.jpg

Don't tell me Chrokees can't flex.

So far I have not done a long arm job on her yet. I did lift her some. Got some better tires and added some bells and whistles in the form of some more lights and a new exhaust. The next upgrade will be to get rid of the factory bumpers and put some much more substantial and more trail worthy bumpers on her and I'd really like to put some over sized fender flares on her. Keep as much mud as possible from flying into the windows while I'm out there.

Chrokee guys give Wrangler guys crap and vice-versa. It's a Jeep thing. And yeah, I'm sure if your Brothers Cherokee didn't make it as far as a friggin F-150 it was the tires or something else because that should NEVER happen.
    I've currently got a lifted 1990 F-150 that has NEVER gotten stuck, and it's been through some serious mud. And if you wanna talk about flex, I've had that thing places that would snap your jeep in half.

ETA:
    Here's a pic of an f-150 flexing
    frame-flex-2.jpg

Haha, nothing but love here man, just letting you know there is another serious wheeler on the forum. Shoot, I owned a Cherokee. About the unibody I wasn't saying it prohibits flex, I meant the whole body flexes too haha! My 4runner didn't flex that great, those were just stock leaf springs.

That f150...words cannot describe. Can we say body flex?
    TN_Mike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wreckingba11 View Post
    That f150...words cannot describe. Can we say body flex?
    I think the correct term is frame damage. lol.
    TN_Mike likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
    I think the correct term is frame damage. lol.
    And that's why a unibody wins.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

And that's why a unibody wins.
    Not really. I still haven't seen a Cherokee do that. I'm sure that F150 still drove just fine. Mine has frame damage. In fact, the entire rear of the truck is pushed to the left about an inch. Still tracks fine down the highway and handles off road just fine. The one in that pic probably just drives around looking like it's flexing the whole time. lol.

BTW, I'm not even really a Ford guy. In a full-size work/off-road vehicle, I'll take a Chevy over anything. My Ranger is still my favorite little gas-burner, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links